Anyone have pictures of the newly remodeled ROOMS at embassy suites 17th st. ft lauderdale

Anyone have pictures of the newly remodeled ROOMS at embassy suites 17th st. ft lauderdale? With specifically pictures of the BEDS.

I'm trying to determine weather they kept the mattress and boxspring system

OR like some other newer hotels went with the AWFUL mattress on a platform system.

Here are a couple, just stayed there 2 weeks ago. They are still working on floors 2 & 3, lobby area and meeting rooms.

Not all rooms had the tub removed.  The waterfall was removed from pool area. 

IMG_1733.thumb.jpeg.7d48db6d2fc736b9a9875cd0fe37d1f1.jpeg

IMG_1731.thumb.jpeg.0b1868e729d51b4654aa33fe1cbfbd8c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have safes been added? I seem to remember a few years ago there weren't any. So if you want a tub you must request. I'll assume the TV's have been updated also? We like the option to use our Firestick at hotels.

1 hour ago, PEBBarney said:

Here are a couple, just stayed there 2 weeks ago. They are still working on floors 2 & 3, lobby area and meeting rooms.

Not all rooms had the tub removed.  The waterfall was removed from pool area. 

IMG_1733.thumb.jpeg.7d48db6d2fc736b9a9875cd0fe37d1f1.jpeg

IMG_1731.thumb.jpeg.0b1868e729d51b4654aa33fe1cbfbd8c.jpeg

Thank you SOOO much for the pictures, I really appreciate it. Now that I am a certain age.... the bed is so important, long gone are the days of crashing anywhere on anything LOL

• Like 1

Not sure about the safes, as we've never used or looked for one when only staying for a night pre cruise.

Yes the TV's have been updated.  It might be hard to plug in a Firestick to the TV in the main room as it's now mounted to the wall.  The TV in the bedroom is still sitting on top of the dresser, so no problem accessing the HDMI plugs, but not sure you will be able to change the input with the provided remote.

We prefer rooms with showers only, don't like shower curtains or stepping over the side of the tub.  They've added options at booking that state shower only, don't think the bathrooms still with tubs were updated at all.  I would ask at check in.

• Thanks 1

Thank you SO much for the pictures (and the info)! That's a world apart from the abysmal condition we found the rooms to be in, two years ago! One question -- you said that work is still ongoing in the lower and ground floors. Are all of the rooms above that finished already? I know that they were starting at the top, and working their way down. Wondering if most of the project will be completed by February?🤔

Should easily be completed by February. They were still working on the 1st (lobby & meeting room level), 2nd and 3rd floors when we were there, all other floors completed.

They had to up their game with all the new rooms opening up in 2025 in the area.  Both the new Omni at the expanded convention center and the totally rebuilt Pier 66 are set to open next year. 

4 hours ago, PEBBarney said:

Should easily be completed by February. They were still working on the 1st (lobby & meeting room level), 2nd and 3rd floors when we were there, all other floors completed.

They had to up their game with all the new rooms opening up in 2025 in the area.  Both the new Omni at the expanded convention center and the totally rebuilt Pier 66 are set to open next year. 

AHA -- When we were there in '23, the manager said they were starting a total renovation, within a matter of months. It did NOT happen. Glad to see that the local competition finally got Hilton moving on this project!

15 hours ago, PEBBarney said:

We're very interested in the huge new Omni, given its location right next to Terminal 2, our usual Princess pier at PE. We should literally be able to walk to the ship. I hope it's not going to be too expensive, though it has yet to show up on their website for bookings. Re the re-modelled Pier 66 it's my understanding that it has been re-done as a very high end, very $$$ luxury hotel so I doubt it will be one that we will consider. We did stay there once some years ago and it was excellent, with stunning views of the port and the flotilla of ships on embarkation morning ;o)