Live: Majestic Princess Oct 10-12 - Another Cheeky Little Getaway

ceilidh1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

@Ellipooh did you make it out of Florida and into Seattle? Any word on how it's going back there? We have been watching it unfold...hope everyone stays safe!

I did! But only because I left an extra day early. My original flight was cancelled.
I’m staying the extra night in Seattle, just got back from dinner with my nephew and his bride who live here, so it’s all good. 
I’ve been following Milton on my Ring cameras at my house, located about halfway between Orlando and The Villages ifykyk and so far everything seems okay. I’ll check again in the morning but for now just glad I made the proactive choice to arrive 2 days prior to embarking. Would not have made it otherwise!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

I did! But only because I left an extra day early. My original flight was cancelled.
I’m staying the extra night in Seattle, just got back from dinner with my nephew and his bride who live here, so it’s all good. 
I’ve been following Milton on my Ring cameras at my house, located about halfway between Orlando and The Villages ifykyk and so far everything seems okay. I’ll check again in the morning but for now just glad I made the proactive choice to arrive 2 days prior to embarking. Would not have made it otherwise!

Oooohhhh…I heard about “The Villages” on my HAL cruise last weekend. I’ve never even heard of them before that and since then I think four different people have mentioned them 🤣🤣🤣

Happy to hear things are ok back home…and that you made it safely! See you at the bar!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dear Amtrak,

Thank you for your text that woke me up at 2am this morning, I would never have known I needed documentation to cross the border had you not alerted me at 2am to the fact.

Sincerely,

Tired (and slightly sarcastic) Customer 

IMG_6877.jpeg

• Haha 9

I thought I would be first at the station since I left so early. Nope. This train is sold out and there are already at least 40 people lined up. Amtrak really should do seat assignments to avoid this nonsense. So far, everyone I see are cruising…

(Also, the large phillipino family in front of me are discussing how they are sailing from Seattle to Vancouver, then staying on the ship to sail back down to LA. Uh-Oh. Do you want to tell them, or should I?)

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I thought I would be first at the station since I left so early. Nope. This train is sold out and there are already at least 40 people lined up. Amtrak really should do seat assignments to avoid this nonsense. So far, everyone I see are cruising…

(Also, the large phillipino family in front of me are discussing how they are sailing from Seattle to Vancouver, then staying on the ship to sail back down to LA. Uh-Oh. Do you want to tell them, or should I?)

If they are Canadian that should be fine, I think only US citizens/residents encounter a problem with this.  We thought of doing the same thing but DW was hesitant to take another two days off so we skipped this first portion.

11 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

If they are Canadian that should be fine, I think only US citizens/residents encounter a problem with this.  We thought of doing the same thing but DW was hesitant to take another two days off so we skipped this first portion.

Nope. Can’t start and end in 2 different US ports unless you visit a far distant port (Canada is not one)

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Nope. Can’t start and end in 2 different US ports unless you visit a far distant port (Canada is not one)

Ok well, I stand corrected.  Obviously I have not yet tried such a routing, but thought such restrictions only applied to US residents.

Enjoy your voyage.

On 10/7/2024 at 12:18 AM, ceilidh1 said:

For anyone that doubts the value of the Princess packages, let me tell you about my little one night on HAL yesterday. Since it was only one night, I couldn't buy any of their packages (not sure why that's a thing, but it is). I decided I wouldn't buy wifi, but if I HAD it was $34.99 for basic wifi for 24 hours. I did end up getting the messaging wifi so my kids could get hold of me if needed and so I could keep @YVRteacher updated on any shenanigans. That cost $19.99. I only had two cocktails and the rest of my drinks were beer. Now, I admit, I can drink a fair bit...but I still drank less on this one nighter than I would have if I had got a package. Gratuity was $17. I didn't do any dining other than buffet and main dining room, so not sure how much any of that would have been.

Princess Plus package - $60 would have covered everything above and I would have had no additional bill at the end.

HAL Bill:

Messaging: $19.99

Gratuity: $17

Drinks: $112.85

TOTAL: $149.84

Thankfully, I had $50 shareholder OBC so my portion was less than that, but wow. Sticker shock. On top of the drink price above (which had an 18% auto gratuity) I tipped $2 per drink cash. So, yes, Princess packages still give you way more value IMO.

Yeah, it’s rough. We originally booked a 51-night South Pacific cruise on HAL taking place right now. We had a great fare, but when we added in the extras that we get with Princess Plus, it was $250 pp per night in an inside cabin. It would have required a different mindset than what we can enjoy with Princess Plus. The tip charge on HAL that is not included with their package really adds up  51 nights, not to mention I was guessing their included WiFi on a small ship in the South Pacific would have been lacking. Princess with a $60 Plus package is a great deal. I’m not sure what the tipping point is but I’m sure their price is heading that way. 

Have fun!  I’m glad you get to enjoy the company of one poster who is joining you. He said he’d be on our cruise.  I’m a little salty (but not one bit surprised). 😂

And, seriously, I bow in your presence. I am topping out at about four alcoholic beverages a day. You are my idol. G says you go girl and have a great trip. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

And, seriously, I bow in your presence. I am topping out at about four alcoholic beverages a day. You are my idol. G says you go girl and have a great trip. 

Awwww….i need to sail with G again!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

That is Amtrak?  

We've only ridden on the Pacific Surfliner and Coast Starlight, which look nothing like this!

It’s the Vancouver skytrain to the Amtrak station

• Like 1

I’ve been on board since 11am. Jumped ahead of the main line by checking my bag through Door 3. Green Lane went fast, and poof! I was sitting at Good Spirits trying out my Premiere Package. Now in the Allegro Dining Room for lunch... 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Callalilly88 said:

Wow! The line is crazy long… at least it’s moving

We just got off. They had Coast Guard Inspection this morning according to our handouts. May be delaying things. 

11 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

Now in the Allegro Dining Room for lunch... 

Is the 1st day lunch menu the same special one it’s always been? Or is it the generic every day one Princess recently introduced?