Curious charge to my credit card

10 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We had a card by the bottles clearly stating you could use the bottle onboard but if you decided to take any home you would be charged for the bottle.    The card was only written in English so if that is not your language you could misunderstand their use.

Same here

Nancy

53 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I ask for them to be taken away as like you I find they take up too much space. Last month they just locked them in their locked storage cupboard in the bathroom. 

If you're not going to use these MB products, asking to have them stored in the locked BR storage cabinet is the perfect solution. It places them where you clearly cannot take them with you and frees the space for other uses. A friendly reminder to your room stewards the night before disembarking that they are in the locked area for suite turnaround the next day should eliminate mistaken charges.

• Like 2

It would have been helpful to have a note with the bottles stating that they can be used.  I assume it is the suite attendant's job to make sure the note is placed.  

2 hours ago, mraven said:

Update: bathroom has this sign in front of the white bottles ( shampoo, conditioner, wash gel, and lotion). Gotta ask the steward. This confusing at best. 

PXL_20241019_143607341.jpg

We didn't even have this confusing sign in our bathroom on Sojourn last summer.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mraven said:

Not sure if this is breaking news, but all dining venues open at 6 now. They said fleet wide.

What I heard from the F&B manager onboard my cruise several weeks ago that this was being rolled out fleet-wide. However, that was not the case for E&O, which still opened at 7:00PM despite the other venues opening at 6:00PM.

Wonder if this has been implemented on the Quest.  My husband really dislikes the 7 pm dining time.

In terms of the original issue, I've seen the sign on a previous cruise and never had any mystery charges but the whole thing sounds sort of confusing.  On our last cruise, we had a mix of tubes and larger pump bottles aside from the large bottles that were with the sign.  Those bottles were mostly clear bottles of different kinds of body wash.

Edited by mcmarya

8 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

What I heard from the F&B manager onboard my cruise several weeks ago that this was being rolled out fleet-wide. However, that was not the case for E&O, which still opened at 7:00PM despite the other venues opening at 6:00PM.

currently, E&O hours on the quest are 7 to 9 and all other venues are 6 to 9pm

will be fleet side 

N

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, skybluewaters said:

You are right about that. Found out the hard way last night. The announcement didn't make the distinction. 

On 10/13/2024 at 7:07 PM, Lilly55 said:

I for one are happy to have them in the room as tend to use various ones throughout a cruise and don’t like the white bottles in the shower.

I think you are assuming all the missing ones are errors in housekeeping - being realistic when listening to people in hotel club lounges - many people take these things from their rooms - no doubt there are some errors but don’t believe that some people are not taking these home rather than paying £20 a bottle from the shop 😀

Tony UK - How can they ask for a signature when the check is only done when you have departed the room and they are cleaning it?

If they spot you have used it....obvious when it is open in the bathroon, then they should charge it straightaway, not leave it to an unpleasant surprise on return home. It feels so cheap this nickel and diming stuff. It could all be avoided by clear signage...If you use this £25 will be charged to your account, better still dont leave it in the room, but add some advertising material for the products in the shop!

In any event rooms are left open on changeround day, and it is very easy for the bottles to be, shall we say relocated!

Seabourn have refunded me now. If I were to sail again, I'd take a photo on debarkation showing them in the room and intact.