Royal Princess - the Good, the Bad and the Ugly

13 hours ago, arxcards said:

South Pacific in the middle of summer, those cold fruity soups are refreshing and good palate cleansers. It would be a shame if there was no choice of a hot soup on the nights they have these.

I tried one of the cold ones on the world cruise but it was too sweet for me. It would have been nice for dessert though. My tastebuds want something savoury at the start of a meal.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

Part of the fun of renaming ships and their features, Barb renamed this boo-tick to Iffy when we were on Coral a couple of years ago. I guess it is hard sell when they don't have quality on offer.

I call it ef-en Effy! 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

EFFY-OFF. Not a chance will I ever purchase something in that store. 

I'm obviously not a jewellery aficionado, as I had to google Effy to see what on earth it was. Now I understand the comments. The light is pretty bright when I venture out from under my rock. 😁

• Haha 2

On 10/19/2024 at 6:15 AM, The Sunshine Girl said:

Thank you, Jean as I loved reading all the different comments you have made about this trip. I am wondering if anybody is interested in sharing a Rent-A-Car and going among other places to Hobbiton while we are in Tauranga .

I do not know if you are aware that tours of Hobbiton need to be pre booked. You can drive to the Hobbiton office where there is plenty of parking. From there you are bussed to Hobbiton which is a short distance away. You cannot drive a private, or rental, to Hobbiton - unless things have changed since I was last there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hobbiton™+Movie+Set+Tours/@-37.8678802,175.6853864,15z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x6d6dab6237e84a77:0x24ff7cd6a8f521a6!8m2!3d-37.8720905!4d175.6829096!16s%2Fm%2F012r3jqg!5m1!1e1?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI0MTAxNi4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

Edited by lyndarra
add map

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

I do not know if you are aware that tours of Hobbiton need to be pre booked. You can drive to the Hobbiton office where there is plenty of parking. From there you are bussed to Hobbiton which is a short distance away. You cannot drive a private, or rental, to Hobbiton - unless things have changed since I was last there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hobbiton™+Movie+Set+Tours/@-37.8678802,175.6853864,15z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x6d6dab6237e84a77:0x24ff7cd6a8f521a6!8m2!3d-37.8720905!4d175.6829096!16s%2Fm%2F012r3jqg!5m1!1e1?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI0MTAxNi4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

That's because Hobbiton itself is on private land, a farm, so only the official Hobbiton tour buses are allowed there and visitors have to leave on their tour bus so there is no risk of them roaming around the private land. 

Speaking (earlier) of sausage rolls, I was looking through some of my world cruise photos earlier and found this one of the sausage roll we had in Arrhus, Denmark. 

2024-06-2212_39_04.thumb.jpg.648934ab9912b9cb11154c16b7fb1ee5.jpg

It was actually very tasty but I think Queen Mary needs to teach the Danes how to make a proper sausage roll, Aussie-style!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 10/19/2024 at 11:34 PM, Jean C said:

Another oddity I had to get used to on this cruise, even though I've done other US-based cruises before, is that when passing in the corridors, US and Canadian people pass on the right, rather than the left as we're used to. It took me a moment or two to figure out why they weren't giving way!

Thank you for this head's up.  As a Canadian boarding the Royal on November 10 I will keep this in mind!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2024 at 12:55 PM, CountessCookie said:

Thank you for using your limited internet to update us. I prey kitty is quick to forgive you. Mine gave me the cold shoulder for over a week, last time I went away.

I'm pleased to report that kitty was over the moon to see me and is very happy to be home, even though he was very well cared for 😻. He's an elderly gent that I rehomed just a couple of years ago, and it was the longest time he'd been away on his own special holiday. Thankfully he doesn't bear grudges, so I'm off to browse the Princess booking site again 😰

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Jean C said:

I'm pleased to report that kitty was over the moon to see me and is very happy to be home, even though he was very well cared for 😻. He's an elderly gent that I rehomed just a couple of years ago, and it was the longest time he'd been away on his own special holiday. Thankfully he doesn't bear grudges, so I'm off to browse the Princess booking site again 😰

I'm really glade to here that. Leaving my cat behind always makes me nervous, even thoughbI know he will be well looked after.

13 hours ago, CountessCookie said:

I'm really glade to here that. Leaving my cat behind always makes me nervous, even thoughbI know he will be well looked after.

He's the background picture on my phone so I regularly got pangs of guilt. He doesn't have a cat door at home so asks to come in or out. The funny thing is that one time in our Hawaii condo and again in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, while wearing reading glasses I thought I caught a glimpse of something out the corner of my eye and I instantly thought to myself, Magnum wants in. How weird is that 😂 

• Haha 1