Sticky Situation-Noisy neghbors in the middle of the night on the Jewel

I need advice on coping with "noisy" neighbors in the middle of the night. Our next room over neighbors came in late (aboput 2:00 am) and proceeded to have noisy uhm... sex. They were very loud and verbal. This occurred on three consecutive nights. The last night, I just turned on the T.V. and waited until they were done. She screamed "don't" and "stop" , but I didn't want to interfrere. We met these neighbors on our balcony and talked to them several times, but did not bring up the noise. Has anyone else expereinced this before? We have cruised before and have never experienced this. We also plan to cruise again and I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to say or do if it should ever happen again.

This may sound crude, but you might just want to give them a very audible round of applause when they finish (kind of like when your favorite football team scores a touchdown ;) ). If they're smart, they'll take the hint that the walls are not as soundproof as they think and will endeavor to keep that part of their life private.

They will have no idea from where the applause will emanate: it could be from the hall, across the hall, a neighboring cabin, etc.

Richters1, your advice was funny. I like the ear plugs idea, as well. I did keep my nose in my own business, but it didn't help me fall asleep those nights. I'm glad my children were in another room! I've never expereinced this before anywhere, so thanks again for the advice. It was helpful.

I was in a hotel once and ran into this situation, but the couple in question, when we saw them the next morning, was NOT who you would have expected to be so vocal and apparently athletic. They looked like a librarian and an accountant, and we could not keep our eyes off of them all day, amazed at what we had heard the night before.

Ya just never know!!! :)

Don't think there is much you can do, can't really ask people not to have sex in their own room on vacation! Hopefully, they don't realize how thin the walls are! Guess you could do some screaming in your own room at a time when you know they are there as a hint??

NEXT TIME...just bring a boom box and a tape recorder...tape the whole session and then put the cassett into your boom box and replay the whole thing over at full volume...say about 9:00 AM...outside their door...or out on the balcony when they are on theirs!!! LOL!!! If you see them dancing in the disco you could also give the tape to the DJ...just to liven up the night club!!! LOL!!! If this fails try handing the cassett off to the Cruise Director and get him to play it on the public address system!!!

Oh My God, I am laughing away at this post. It is the winner. I would do it! Just like the couple having sex at 3AM in the hot tub not knowing they are being filmed & their photos were used in a comedy skit on cruising. not sure who knew who to get it?

NEXT TIME...just bring a boom box and a tape recorder...tape the whole session and then put the cassett into your boom box and replay the whole thing over at full volume...say about 9:00 AM...outside their door...or out on the balcony when they are on theirs!!! LOL!!! If you see them dancing in the disco you could also give the tape to the DJ...just to liven up the night club!!! LOL!!! If this fails try handing the cassett off to the Cruise Director and get him to play it on the public address system!!!

I was in a hotel once and ran into this situation, but the couple in question, when we saw them the next morning, was NOT who you would have expected to be so vocal and apparently athletic. They looked like a librarian and an accountant, and we could not keep our eyes off of them all day, amazed at what we had heard the night before.

Still waters run deep, you know.;)

I don't think there's anything to be done about it. Some people make a lot of noise when they're having sex, and asking them to hold it down would essentially be asking them to be celibate.

But you could try making a little noise of your own and see if they notice....:D

I would have phoned down to the Front Desk and asked them to contact the couple and tell them they are disturbing other people!! That should do it!!! Embarrass them into keeping the sound down a bit!! Of course, it could be rather entertaining!!!

I would have banged on the wall and told them to keep it down (ha ha).

Did you have an intercommunicating door?

Not for you of course. I think some people do not know just how vocal they are when they are ummm, you know. Great for them, but not for anyone else within hearing. I have never packed earplugs before, but after this post I think I will! They will help me sleep AND help me not to be so envious!

I am soooo sorry. We didn't realize we were that noisy:rolleyes: . I was doing my wife's taxes and asking her all kinds of questions while she was reading a book. Hence the "don't" and "stop" that you heard. And before anyone starts, it happened 3 nights in a row because she hadn't filed her taxes since 2001.:D

It's a good thing I was not eating or drinking while reading this because it would be all over my keyboard right now. Oh lordy, this was FUNNY!!!!!

OMG this is one good one. Got my lol for the afternoon. I guess I should remember this while we cruise in a few weeks and make sure we wont be noisy where anyone can hear us.

Had this happen when staying with friends in a two bedroom condo. First and last time I could look at them and not start to laugh to myself about what I could hear. They also didnt look the part of being that loud. Make me wonder what else people may hear when we dont think they can.

above sea level cruiser: You are so not right!! I laughed so loud my cat just jumped a few feet in the air and ran out of the room!! I would have never come up with that in a million years...Just don't cruise until after tax season!! Better go check on the cat... So funny...

This is priceless!!!! :D

My DH & I would have out done them...:p

If it was me, When i saw them the next morning, i would have asked them if everything was ok last night because it sounded like someone was getting hurt. That probably would have gotten their attention enought to quiet them down the following night.

I have never heard any noises coming from the cabins around me even though the walls are as thin as wet toilet paper.

the answers on here are sooooooo entertaining.. I like the 1 about the tape and play it in the disco, seriously tho a call to the front desk AND a note slipped under the door youd think would help...too much!!

Thank you everyone for all of the advice! I just read these to my husband and we laughed until we hurt! He said I'm just the person who would probably take this advice to heart and do it!!! Now I know what to do!I'm glad to know you were just doing your taxes for 3 nights in a row! Too funny!icon12.gif Thank you everyone for making an awkward situation very humorous and entertaining!!!! We didn't have interconnecting doors, just connecting (which were closed) balcony doors. It was difficult to look at them i the mornings on the balcony over the railing. My husband thought he just didn't buy her any jewlery the last day.

This isn't complicated at all. Based on what the OP has said I would do the following. I would tell my DW to grab a pen and paper and an empty glass. I would tell her to put the paper on a desk near the wall, with pen in hand. I would tell her to put the glass up against the wall of the offending neighbors. I would then tell the DW to take notes on what she heard and when finished, study and put into practice. :D

Archived