Chair-hogging

"D"

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for getting a chair by the pool on the days at sea. I have read some of the other posts about how chair hogging is a problem. I am looking for suggestions other than getting there early and then leaving things on the chair. I am going on an upcoming vacation to relax and would like to spend our days at sea by the pool. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about getting a chair by the pool without leaving stuff on the chair, I would greatly appreciate the tips. Also, what time do you recommend getting out to the pool in order to get a seat by the pool? Again, please do not misunderstand me, I am not looking to be a chair hog, just a person who wants to relax by the pool and fully enjoy her cruise! Thanks again! You have all been very helpful!

I lucked out on our second sea day and got a choice chair in the solarium next to the pool. A good bet is to be looking for a single chair. My family is not the type to lay, sit, read by the pool. My chair is the gathering/holding place for everyone else. Most times, groups will leave a chair in between and that's what I grab. By the way, I got my solarium spot close to 9:30, after eating a leisurely breakfast in the dining room and walking a mile for my shipshape bucks.

First thing Relax. forget about "if" you have a chair by the pool. What's the worse that could happen. You don't get a chair by the pool. Is that so terrible? Anyway I'll tell you what we did. Since I'm an early riser I had a leasurely coffee got breakfast delivered to our stateroom every morning ate it and watched the ocean pass by our balcony. Then got dressed and headed for the pool. Well guess what? There were chairs in the solarium. Put down our towels (all four sisters) and staked out our space. I hope you get the gist that the four sisters went to the pool. I didn't go by myelf and stake out our claim. Anyway got in the pool, jacozie and laid around reading our books. Just before lunch got up looked around to see if there was someone who needed a chair, signaled several ladies and picked up our stuff and left. (Keep that exposure to the sun limited on the first day - there's nothing worse than starting a cruise with a sun burn) Anyway continued about our business of enjoying our cruise. One of my sisters did decide to lay out later she did it on the balcony. IF you notice the most important thing is to relax. We did this on almost all our sea days and one port day that we decided to stay on the ship. We didn't have any problems. (oops I did forget one afternoon two of the four sisters did have to share a chair, but about a half hour later the people next to us left and asked us if we wanted the use of one or their chairs. We used it. But again after so much sun it's best to go inside.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for getting a chair by the pool on the days at sea. I have read some of the other posts about how chair hogging is a problem. I am looking for suggestions other than getting there early and then leaving things on the chair. I am going on an upcoming vacation to relax and would like to spend our days at sea by the pool. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about getting a chair by the pool without leaving stuff on the chair, I would greatly appreciate the tips. Also, what time do you recommend getting out to the pool in order to get a seat by the pool? Again, please do not misunderstand me, I am not looking to be a chair hog, just a person who wants to relax by the pool and fully enjoy her cruise! Thanks again! You have all been very helpful!
I have two responses:

1. It's simple. Sleep in it.

980637467_trollchow.jpg.6a1880621bb1cc1389757c61dc909f6c.jpg

Getting a chair by the pool is always easy:D

Look around for the chairs with towels and sunglasses already there for you. EEENNNJJJOOOYYY!!!

Seriously, though. Watch for those chairs that the hogs have covered. Write a note with the time on it saying:

It is now XXXX o'clock. If this note is still here at XXXX:30, I will take over this chair and it's posessions. Thanks Kindly.

and then get you a chair.

I swear, if more people would do this, maybe it would stop.

I have two responses:

1. It's simple. Sleep in it.

LOL Carol! Too funny.

I never understand people who want to know how to "get" a chair, and "avoid" being a chair hog.

You "get" a chair by sitting in it. You avoid being a chair hog by remaining in your chair, and giving it up if you plan on being away longer than the cruiseline-stipulated time. There are usually signs posted around the pool specifying the time -- 20 or 30 minutes, I think it varies.

As for what time to get up to be sure you get a chair -- if they are all full by the time you get there, then try getting up earlier the next morning. :)

Archived