Tell Me More About Century!!!

I called Celebrity a few hours ago and asked about our 9/11 itinerary. Still Western at this point but suggested I call back tomorrow night. My house is boarded up but have not even started to pack. However.........I will definitely be ready to cruise Saturday!! Hope you all have a good trip to FLL and let's hope the Cruise Gods will be in our favor !!!

[quote name='Nanci']I called Celebrity a few hours ago and asked about our 9/11 itinerary. Still Western at this point but suggested I call back tomorrow night. My house is boarded up but have not even started to pack. However.........I will definitely be ready to cruise Saturday!! Hope you all have a good trip to FLL and let's hope the Cruise Gods will be in our favor !!![/QUOTE]
Hi Nanci, keep your fingers crossed! Ivan is probably going to hit the keys this weekend, hopefully it stays out of the way until you are out of its way.

Hi Nanci:) Ya'lls Itinerary is Western this week?:eek: ....IVAN is West....

My Hal cruise is Eastern......and I think I will be ok...looks like we are sailing in the opposite direction of him.

Good luck and safe travels to all of you on Century this week too!

[quote name='Nanci']18 hours pre-cruise!!! Ivan is coming and we are leaving!! Itinerary has been altered but I don't care where we go. Maybe we will end up in Hawaii!!! Hope Florida will be spared ![/QUOTE]
Looks good so far. Ivan is tracking westward so your departure and first day's cruise should not be too choppy. Hope you don't plan to do any diving, though. Storms really cloud the water for days, making visibility poor. I was amazed at the differences underwater in St. Thomas during our last two cruises. The storm was all the way up in Bermuda but the visibility underwater was miserable when compared to our second cruise.

Bring me back copies of the dailes, if you don't mind. I would love to post the "alternate schedule".

Hi. We are (hopefully) on the Century this Sat. can't believe it. I said hopefully because of Ivan as we live in the Florida panhandle. Right now I am trying to juggle hurricane preparedness for my dd's and packing for our trip. Hope it all comes off ok. Just wanted to move this thread up. Also: any new secrets about the Century? thanks deb

Deb, Just wanted to wish you good luck with Ivan so you will be able to make your cruise. I live in Royal Palm Beach and we went through Frances about a week ago and know what you are experiencing. It was terrifying and seemed to last so long.

Hope all goes well and that you will be on the Century this Saturday. We sailed the Century last May and have reservations for the new ten-day cruise next year, after the planned drydock - can't wait!

Carol

[quote name='deb18']Hi. We are (hopefully) on the Century this Sat. can't believe it. I said hopefully because of Ivan as we live in the Florida panhandle. Right now I am trying to juggle hurricane preparedness for my dd's and packing for our trip. Hope it all comes off ok. Just wanted to move this thread up. Also: any new secrets about the Century? thanks deb[/QUOTE]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Deb - All of us on the roll call are blowing just as hard as we can to keep Ivan away from you! I've been accused of being full of hot air more than once, so I should be a big help.:D Can't wait to meet you next week.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

As my hubby and I were on board an extra 2 days, we had plenty of time at sea. One thing we really enjoyed was renting i-pods from the library. Ten dollars a day - you select from their huge library of music and they download all the artists you request on to your unit. It was great to hear my favorite artists and some bands I was unfamiliar with while I worked out and reclined by the pool. It made us really want ipods at home, too!

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Winediva - Thanks for posting the information on the ipods, I didn't know that you could rent them onboard. I'd like to have them for when I'm lounging up on the lido deck.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta][/color][/font][/b][font=Century Gothic][color=magenta][b]Ahhh...excellent idea! leaves more room in the suitcase for clothes too! Looks like all blowin has worked..Ivan is movin further west...whew![/b][/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=magenta][b]ummm.....not quite...giggling... size 6...i meant the space i'd save from not packing the cd player and cd's. But i am planning on using the space bags so that should mean an outfit or two...right?[/b][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=magenta][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=magenta][b]have a great cruise deb; looks like we'll luck out with Ivan[/b][/color][/font]

[quote name='sunpsyche'][font=Century Gothic][color=magenta][b]ummm.....not quite...giggling... size 6...i meant the space i'd save from not packing the cd player and cd's. But i am planning on using the space bags so that should mean an outfit or two...right?[/b][/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=magenta][b]have a great cruise deb; looks like we'll luck out with Ivan[/b][/color][/font][/QUOTE]
I would go with the CD player and CD's myself! That way I would have the music I want the way I wanted it... Actually scratch that, CD/MP3 player- more songs on a CD (at least 10 albums!)

Sunpsych: be careful though with Ivan. We are expecting tropical force winds up to 70 mph according the weather channel this am. luckily not hurricane force but enough to put a damper on the traveling. My office is going to be open today, but I anticipate a lot of no shows. I will let you know how it is when I return. I hope we will not be powerless here like we were with Frances. We were out for about 8 hours and on and off during the night. I have friends in Cairo who were powerless for over 40 hours. ouch. Have fun. Keep all the patients calms. I don't know about you sunpsych, but mine are freaking out over the storm (the fragile ones at least).
thanks for the tpool info. I am sure I will look like a prune when I return ( or shall I say like more of a prune) deb

The ipods that they rent hold something ridiculous like 60 hours of music or more. I must have had 40 artists dowloaded to mine for the week. You don't get to pick individual songs, just artists. There are anywhere from 1-25 or so songs from each artist and generally a greatest hits type selection.

[quote name='winediva']The ipods that they rent hold something ridiculous like 60 hours of music or more. I must have had 40 artists dowloaded to mine for the week. You don't get to pick individual songs, just artists. There are anywhere from 1-25 or so songs from each artist and generally a greatest hits type selection.[/QUOTE]
I know. Unfortunately my taste run some mighty strange directions these days. For example, on Winamp right now I just went through Heart, CCR, Charlie Daniels, Harry Chapen, Journey, Joan Baez, and selections from the Armegeddon sound track, Buffy the Musical, Hunt for Red October, Eldorado,
Evita, Le Mis, and the Royal Guardsman.

[quote name='nealberk']I know. Unfortunately my taste run some mighty strange directions these days. For example, on Winamp right now I just went through Heart, CCR, Charlie Daniels, Harry Chapen, Journey, Joan Baez, and selections from the Armegeddon sound track, Buffy the Musical, Hunt for Red October, Eldorado,
Evita, Le Mis, and the Royal Guardsman.[/QUOTE]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]That's quite a diverse group you've got there Neal! The Royal Guardsman, like in Snoopy and the Red Baron? At least I think that's who sang that song.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Is there anything you need for your web sight? I'll be on her Saturday, I'll bring back anything you need.[/font][/b]

[quote name='teedee'][b][font=Comic Sans MS]That's quite a diverse group you've got there Neal! The Royal Guardsman, like in Snoopy and the Red Baron? At least I think that's who sang that song.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Is there anything you need for your web sight? I'll be on her Saturday, I'll bring back anything you need.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b][/QUOTE]
Yup, actually there is a whole album of Snoopy related stuff. "Snoopy for President" is my interest right now.....

Anything you want to bring back, I will be more than happy to post. Menus (both lunch and dinner!) dailies (maybe if you see the one in Spanish and Japanese also), and anything else that catches your attention.

Oh, and there is still the request for the picture near the elevator.

>We always saw it on the way down to dinner. It was to the right of one >of the elevators and was a full-length picture of a woman dancing alone. >It showed her from behind with her head tossed back and was mostly black >and white. We danced at least once every day/night on the ship, so this >was a special painting for us.

Thanks!

O.K., I'm back from our Galaxy transatlantic and now can do a ship comparison. The Century wins hands down. The Galaxy is a wonderful, beautiful ship, but she's not the Century. Somehow, the Century's layout is different and much better and I don't think I'll ever sail on another ship that has the aurora to it as the Century. I think it must be the staff and the way they love her.:D

Garry

[quote name='gkm']O.K., I'm back from our Galaxy transatlantic and now can do a ship comparison. The Century wins hands down. The Galaxy is a wonderful, beautiful ship, but she's not the Century. Somehow, the Century's layout is different and much better and I don't think I'll ever sail on another ship that has the aurora to it as the Century. I think it must be the staff and the way they love her.:D

Garry[/QUOTE]
Wow, that is some testimonial. Thanks for the input Garry!

Archived