Tell Me More About Century!!!

We just loved Table 515 and Sofia was our assistant waitress. She is the GF of the waiter we had, Marius, and they made such an adorable couple. In fact I joined them for margaritas at Senor Frogs in Cozumel.

[size=2]My thought after 9 days on the Century.John

Cruising on the Century in the year of the Hurricanes
The Century is the fourth ship we have cruised.And the smallest.But it has the biggest heart.We sailed out of Port Everglades on Sept 18,2004.Thinking we would be returning in 7 days.

With all the hurricanes this year we should have known better.

When I think of the Century I will always think "Service".No way I can think of it any other way.From the glass of champagne as you board.To the way the luggage was sorted so we could find it as we left her.

We arrived on the shuttle from the Amerisuites in the middle of the morning rush.Turned over the larger bags to the crew and entered the building.Never boarded faster.Security and documents went about with no problems.We never felt rushed or crowded.

Then dropped our carryons in our already set up CC class room 1107 at 11:30.Even the bottle of champagne was on ice.We then headed to the buffet one floor up.And stepped into line.Now I will mention that due to injuries I use crutches.The server saw this and at once another young man took my tray into his charge. I wasn`t allowed to even put food on my plate. He then carried it to a table and got my drink. I was quite embarrassed as I am used to doing for myself.This treatment lasted the whole time we were on board.

Again service in our room. Fresh flowers three different times in the nine days.Even in the bathroom.Each afternoon we had canapes delivered to the room.They even change colors of towels in the room.Ours were pink part of the time and light green the rest.Our steward Ivon was always busy whenever we saw him.If not in the room he was vaccuming the hall.

Service in the diningroom.This was the first cruise that the maitre`d visited our table every night.I just loved Naomi`s South African accent.Our waiters were both from Romania.Cristian and Mikaela are the best duo we have had.Entertaining and right on every night with our drink choices without us asking.The same goes for Dagmere our somelier all the way from Poland.All of them even signed a menu for us.The kids in the diningroom got wonderful attention from all of them.Made us think they were missing their own families so far away from them at home.

It was so sad to have to leave them all there and go home.So it was with great joy we welcomed the captain`s announcement that we were "stuck" with them for a couple of days.We were in the theatre when this was announced.Everyone one cheered.I only heard one person complain in all the time we were on board. She was unhappy that we couldn`t go to Nassau. Can`t please everyone.

All in all a great experience. Our captain kept us informed and safe. We had great food and entertainment.Who can ask for more?

[/size]

Hi John:) Welcome Home.....glad you had such a wonderful time.....

Sounds like your group was totally awesome:D .....Terri and I spoke on the phone yesterday...she sounds like a great person!

[quote name='Nanci']Just returned on 9/18 from the Century and had a wonderful table for 8 directly in front of the captain's table, #515. Our server was Marius and he was fabulous !!! We also had an SS suite on Deck 10. Our butler was David and he was great !!! Which cabin are you in ???[/QUOTE]

Nancy,
We are in Cabin 1206. We're really looking forward to this cruise. I've heard so many good things about the Century. Is it possible to get on the ship and go to the dining room and pick out a table? Or are you stuck with what you're assigned?

I really appreciate everyone helping me with this. We've been on a couple of cruises where the dining experience wasn't what we expected so I'm getting to be a little cautious! :D

mary

[quote name='mmbgmb']Nancy,
We are in Cabin 1206. We're really looking forward to this cruise. I've heard so many good things about the Century. Is it possible to get on the ship and go to the dining room and pick out a table? Or are you stuck with what you're assigned?

I really appreciate everyone helping me with this. We've been on a couple of cruises where the dining experience wasn't what we expected so I'm getting to be a little cautious! :D

mary[/QUOTE]

Mary: You are definitely not "stuck" with the table you are assigned. When you first check in and receive your 1st day schedule, there will be listed the time that the maitre d' will be present in a certain lounge to assist. Just bring him your table assignment card and I'm sure he will do whatever he can to oblige, esp. since you will be in a suite. I would suggest getting there early so there will not be a long line. You can always ask your butler to assist. Enjoy --- I'm sure you will love your cruise !

Nancy

Hi, This thread has been great. I can't wait until Nov. 20 for my b2b on the Century. This will be my fifth and sixth cruise on Celebrity and all you guys have made the days go faster. Lois, I hope you and Terri get along famously. You might have found a cruising buddy that you can bunk with. Without having to spend double on your room, you could cruise twice as often. Pat :)

[quote name='teedee'][b][font=Comic Sans MS]I think 12 is as big as the tables get, but 14 may be possible. For some reason I've always had a table towards the back of the dining room, which was fine with me. My last cruise we were on the Upper floor of the dining room, which I liked a little better because we could hear the music better, but it wasn't that big a deal. The dining room is beautiful, and except for being right by the kitchen I don't think there is a bad table.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b][/QUOTE]
I personally like being near a window where I can see out over the wake of the ship. Of course that is the absolutely worst spot when the ocean is choppy!

Lois, I agree with you!

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Neal - I overnighted the stuff from our cruise on Friday, you should get it today, but Airborne isn't always the swiftest, so it might be tomorrow. If you don't get it let me know and I'll track it down.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

Hi all. Garry we do love the Century.Like I said there is a big heart there.Don`t know yet which line we will do next. I talked to our TA Saturday night.She said something about a group she is working on for an Alaska cruise. My wife would love to go there. I have had a hard time putting cruising and cold stuff together. But we all know I would do anything for her so if this comes about we`ll be checking out glaciers next.

Lois you will enjoy cruising with Terri.She was one of our happy group.And she loves to shop. LOL!!Yes I read your review Terri.Good job.

John

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I'm glad you liked the review John. I still can't believe our cruise is over, it was so wonderful! Two months from today I'll be back on her! I hope this two months goes by as fast as the two months before the last one did. I think it was at this point that it really seemed to speed up.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

[quote name='KSTAZMAN'] I talked to our TA Saturday night.She said something about a group she is working on for an Alaska cruise. My wife would love to go there. I have had a hard time putting cruising and cold stuff together. John[/QUOTE]John, great minds think alike. I don't know if you noticed on my signature, but Bob and I are going to Alaska next year. We're taking a land tour that starts Aug. 29 from Anchorage to Seward and then we board the Summit on Sept. 2 and take a 7 day cruise to Vancouver. We have sailed Alaska once before the 1st week of September and loved it. It's definitely cooler and the pool wasn't open, but the salmon are running so the wildlife is incredible. We saw a lot of eagles and even bear fishing on the shore. The humpbacks are there and are feeding to get ready for their migration to Hawaii. We also saw Ocra. You should come with us!:D

Garry

Garry I don`t know when this group may go.Our TA is my best friend`s wife and she treats us very good.I just tell her yes or no on groups.Otherwise I tell her when and which ship I want.If the pool is closed are there hot tubs that a person can use on a ship like Summit?We don`t really use the pools anyway.But the hot tubs are another thing.Like I said all this is pie in the sky so far.It will be a different thing to plan.Probably not too many pairs of shorts to pack.

John

Hi everyone! You've all been in my thoughts...

Been a while since I've been on these boards...somehow not the same when there are no cruises planned.....sigh.......

John, glad to see you finally had your Century cruise and enjoyed her!!! Hi Lois, hi Garry, Hi Neal!!! I see you've all been cruisin'!!! Brad and I are going to Kauai for New Years...guess that's the next best thing to cruising!!!! :D

Wondered where you were Princess.Yes my first exposure to Century was a big hit.A bargain 9 day is the best intro.

Your new year`s sounds like a good way to start the year out.Beats the heck out of watching Dick Clark age.

John

until I get to experience first hand this wonderful ship I've been dreaming about. Any suggestions on a nice location to tip my glass to the good old USA as we leave port? I was thinking the Mast bar. Is there a good view from there?

Hi everyone! You've all been in my thoughts...

Been a while since I've been on these boards...somehow not the same when there are no cruises planned.....sigh.......

John, glad to see you finally had your Century cruise and enjoyed her!!! Hi Lois, hi Garry, Hi Neal!!! I see you've all been cruisin'!!! Brad and I are going to Kauai for New Years...guess that's the next best thing to cruising!!!! :D

No, I haven't been cruising in a while! Until Deb and I are settled into steady jobs our money has to go for such things like food, house payments, utilities, and the like.... :(

At least I can keep thinking about going on a long cruise!

Nice to hear from you! Don't remain a stranger.

Just be sure to get to the railing so you can wave to the people in the condos who come out on their balconies to wave you by and blast the airhorns...so cool! Really is quite a send off, sort of Love Boat-ish!

Wish I was going with you!

Gail's right - It's so much fun to wave to the people in the condos on the intercoastal, and to all the people in boats that follow the ships out as well! Gosh, I just came back and I'm ready to go again!

Terri

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from the 7 day eastern carrib. It was WONDERFUL. The only thing that would have made it better is if my DH was along. I can't say enough about the staff/crew on this ship, they certainly are a cut above. Very nice group of pax this trip also. I'll certainly make this a repeater. Alsa, not until 2006 as I already have 3 scheduled for 2005 and my pocketbook is already stretched.

Archived