Tell Me More About Century!!!

Gail: have you thought of flying from Jax? Tally is usually expensive. We are driving down. I have a Century triavia question, of course I do not know the correct answer. How many suites are there? how about CC cabins? just curious. deb

[quote name='tuggers']I'll bet Alan is on vacation. He's like an institution on Century!:)

My flights aren't looking any better: $208 from Tally. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet pretty soon![/QUOTE]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]If he is on vacation I hope he's back for my cruise.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I know what you mean about air prices. I've been holding out, thinking prices will come down, but so far it's not looking like they are going to.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

Hi:) I have been inside the Royal Suite......(was invited), no it wasn't my cabin....
Anwyay...it was lovely! Actually, it was bigger than some apartments I have been in;)

I'm just lazy! It's so much easier to drive 65 miles than 125! Plus there is a really good nonstop from Tally. You leave around 11:30 and get in at 1. The return leaves at 10:10 and gets in before noon! Easy! I would just rather pay about $150. Darn Delta thinks its worth $210! LOL!:)

[quote name='tuggers']I'm just lazy! It's so much easier to drive 65 miles than 125! Plus there is a really good nonstop from Tally. You leave around 11:30 and get in at 1. The return leaves at 10:10 and gets in before noon! Easy! I would just rather pay about $150. Darn Delta thinks its worth $210! LOL!:)[/QUOTE]
Try flying anywhere out of Dallas. American has a really inflated opinion of what fares should be. On the good side we have Southwest, but they can't fly outside of the adjacent state area (Federal regulation). It is quite interesting. When they have competition American has good prices but for those locations that it has an exclusive lock on, the prices are outrageous.

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I have the same problem flying out of Atlanta. Delta is king here, although we do have Airtran to give them some competition. Unfortunately both of them think I should pay almost $250 to fly to Fort Lauderdale. Last year I flew down for $140. I've been holding out for a lower fare, but it doesn't look like it's coming.:( [/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

Nealberk
I brought home all the dailies and shopping guides and have some pics for your website if you would like them. We have a friend in town until Sunday but I will finish scanning in the eastern dailies and shopping guides for you if you would like them. How do I get them to you?

Hi folks - have to take a minute to applaud the crew of the Century. We were on board during hurricane Frances and the staff was amazing. We were kept well informed and asssured of our safety throughout our nine days aboard. (An extra 2 days for us at sea!) While the ship was constantly a chatter, the hand wringers and complainers did not squelch the spirits of the rest of the guests. A wonderful cruise filled with stories to share.

So glad you had a great time! Hey, 2 extra days! And if they didn't run out of wine you were good, huh?

So glad the nay sayers were not too troublesome! Hey, if I was getting two extra sea days, I'd be cool! As soon as you get back to normal hope you'll share some of those stories!

Good to have you back!

Had a wonderful time and I will post a journal of my time aboard later in the week. Hope Frances didn't hit you too hard in GA. I'll also keep folks posted on my experience with my Cruise insurance claim through Travel guard. So far, the've been great.

winediva: glad you had a great cruise. two extra days. that sounds like heaven. What was the pier like when you got in? I put a claim in once with travel guard for medical. once I got the proper docs in there was no problem. they were very nice. did you enjoy key west instead of the bahamas. nice to see Celebrity does try to safeguard the passengers. hope you get your land legs soon. deb

[quote name='winediva']Hi folks - have to take a minute to applaud the crew of the Century. We were on board during hurricane Frances and the staff was amazing. We were kept well informed and asssured of our safety throughout our nine days aboard. (An extra 2 days for us at sea!) While the ship was constantly a chatter, the hand wringers and complainers did not squelch the spirits of the rest of the guests. A wonderful cruise filled with stories to share.[/QUOTE]
Just a few questions bordering on the absurd. Were those extra two days informal, semi formal, or formal seating in the dining room? Did they repeat an earlier menu or did you get a totally different one? Did you find that the supply of food was getting a bit thin near the end, or did the ship restock in the caribbean? Thanks for the info!

Our itinerary was not changed a bit (Western Carribbean) except to add 2 sea days at the end after key west. We heard that the cruise after us would be doing a 5 day version of the same Western itinerary instead of Eastern as the Bahamas were so badly hurt by the hurricane. The dress code was indeed casual the last 2 days and many folks resorted to jeans and such in the dining room who wouldn't have before. New entertainment and lectures were added for the last 2 days, so no programs were repeated. We had special "Frances" menus that offered a few less choices and more of a focus on pasta and stewed meats than steaks, chops, etc. Fresh fruit was a bit scarse and shrimp cocktail was not available as an appetizer, but really I never felt like things were skimpy or lacking. I heard from the crew that their food choices had dwindled quite a bit, but certainly no one was hungry. If anyone is in the situation where Ivan may keep them aboard an extra day 2, have no worries. Best of all - NO SHORTAGE OF BOOZE!

Jayne, I will gladly take pictures for you. Last November I was in Cabin 1218 and it was wonderful, huge balcony and the room was just great. 1212 and 1218 are right next door to one another I believe so they should be about the same. But I'll know in a couple of days, God willing!!

Archived