Tell Me More About Century!!!

sunpsyche- THANK YOU - we had an amazing honeymoon!!!! They really treat honeymooners and those celebrating their anniversaries very well. Andrew our asst maitre d' brought us a happy honeymoon cake and they had a very nice party for honeymooners and those celebrating their anniversaries (there were about 50-60 couples there!) They gave us all champagne and a delicious cake (not the same as in the dining room) if I remember correctly it was a grand marnier cake with marzipan.

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I'm very happy to report that the Century is still as awesome as ever. We had a wonderful cruise, can't wait to get back on her in December! [/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Garry - I'm going to look into the 2006 Hawaii cruise, Steve made it sound awesome! Don't know if the boss will let me go for 2 weeks, but I'm going to work on him about it! Our group is going to try to do another Century cruise next September or October.[/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

[quote name='teedee']
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Garry - I'm going to look into the 2006 Hawaii cruise, Steve made it sound awesome! Don't know if the boss will let me go for 2 weeks, but I'm going to work on him about it! Our group is going to try to do another Century cruise next September or October.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b][/QUOTE]Terri, that would be wonderful! Wouldn't we all have fun. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can work it out. After all it is a long way off. If I weren't committed to another cruise next September, I'd be tempted to go with you on the Century. We're on the Summit to Alaska with a land tour before.

Garry

Hi everyone. Just off the century. I am one of the lucky 9 day centurians. What a great time and a beautiful ship. food was wonderful. the ladder guy at the show was terrific. the service was great. we had such an awesome group of people though, I don't know what was better, the ship or the group. we are starting to plan a Sept. 05 cruise together. I am still unpacking. The land is still rocking and rolling. It is listing more than the ship did. We did have some rocky weather and one night the drawers in my room kept banging in and out, but all in all the captain did a great job of trying to bring us into sunny weather. even for our first and second free day (the captain would always annouce that he hoped we were enjoying our first or second FREE day). He was funny. well, I hope the 5 night centurians are having a good time. the lucky ones were the ones who were on back2back. well, have to do the 500th load of laundry. deb

Hi Everyone,
I've been reading alot of posts about the Century and we're sailing on her 10/23. Can't wait! I've only heard good things about this ship.

I'm going to ask all you experienced Centurians about table location and size. What is the most that can eat comfortably at a table? We will probably have 10-12 people. Also, Where is the best location? Since we have an SS cabin I understand that we have dining preference, but what does that mean REALLY? Can anyone help??? :(

Thanks!
Mary

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I think 12 is as big as the tables get, but 14 may be possible. For some reason I've always had a table towards the back of the dining room, which was fine with me. My last cruise we were on the Upper floor of the dining room, which I liked a little better because we could hear the music better, but it wasn't that big a deal. The dining room is beautiful, and except for being right by the kitchen I don't think there is a bad table.[/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

Just returned on 9/18 from the Century and had a wonderful table for 8 directly in front of the captain's table, #515. Our server was Marius and he was fabulous !!! We also had an SS suite on Deck 10. Our butler was David and he was great !!! Which cabin are you in ???

For me all table locations are good. We were close to the main entrance on the lower deck with 8 at our table and were just fine.Could hear the music fine and had the same wonderful service.

We were on deck 10 also.CC room 1107.Right at the elevators and the stairs to the buffet.Couldn`t beat it.

John

Well I just heard from my TA, who books Celebrity Cruises exclusively, and she can give me a slight discount but certainly not enough to make me book almost a year ahead. So I will see how I like my Caribbean Princess cruise in February then decide what I will do. Meanwhile I wil be doing a lot of "surfing".

On our May 1st cruise, we had table 607 on the upper level in the aft window. It was a table for 10 - we had a wonderful time looking at the wake of the ship and enjoying the sunsets each night. I would highly recommend this location and, in fact, requested it for our 5/23/05 ten-night cruise.

Carol

Hi:) another good table is 660...also upstairs near the window table for 8..sat there the first time I sailed her.....that was May 2003...sure does seem like a long time ago!
2nd time I sailed her I was downstairs.....great Ass't Maitr'd...Mario from Croatia...but the upstairs location was nicer (in my opinion)

Hi. I was also at table 515 right in front of the captains table. It was fun to see the different food they were eating there and to guess what everyone who sat there was like (who was prissy, a wanna be, a newly rich person etc). The view was beautiful. We had Andrei and Zsofia as our waiter and assistant. They were "excellent". funny, one week difference from the 9/11 cruise and we had different waiters. with andrei everything had to be 'excellent", good or great would not do. We did play bridge with people who thought the food was the worst they had ever had. I thought it was mostly "excellent", so it just shows that 2 people can have entirely different experiences.
I was in cabin 1099. There was something loose outside and there was a knocking noise that I heard at times at night. It was a great 9 night 7 day cruise. hope everyone enjoys theirs as much as we did. deb

Gail, visiting....I cannot afford a balcony:eek: ....not solo anyway...and not even dbl...LOL
I am just your basic...inside or window cruiser LOL

But I must admit..when I walked into those friends cabin-....well let's just say...the first words out of my mouth were.... "IT'S NOT FAIR":D ....they were celebrating their 30th Anniversay, her 50th Birthday and they brought her Mom with them too...3 wonderful people!...they invited me over a few times.....siggghhh....they had a Suite......really lovely.

Archived