Prinsendam 12/15/06 - Just added?

KAKcruiser

I just noticed a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Prinsendam on 12/15/06. Has this just been added? If so, what happened to the dry dock scheduled for that time?
Looks like it's been changed to a "moving wet dock":D There's just a 3 day break between cruises now instead of 10.

But, I thought they had originally cancelled a longer cruise in December to provide for that 10 day drydock. I wonder why things changed. Also, this looks like a terrible itinerary. I bet they are going to have a tough time filling this cruise.

...this looks like a terrible itinerary. I bet they are going to have a tough time filling this cruise.

Ooo. I like the sound of that! If so, it could mean some price drops and a better chance to book that ship before it's too late.

Ooo. I like the sound of that! If so, it could mean some price drops and a better chance to book that ship before it's too late.

very true. price it right and they will cruise. the ship would be the destination for me, i've been to the caribbean several times.

Recently, there was a lengthy thread discussing the possible sale of the Prinsendam. I noticed she is doing a Nov. 3, '06 sailing with the banner "European Farewell" and am wondering if this is HAL's way of breaking the sad news that a deal has been done and she definitely will be leaving the fleet. :(

Recently, there was a lengthy thread discussing the possible sale of the Prinsendam. I noticed she is doing a Nov. 3, '06 sailing with the banner "European Farewell" and am wondering if this is HAL's way of breaking the sad news that a deal has been done and she definitely will be leaving the fleet. :(

Say it isn't so! Please!!!!!!!! where is this thread to be found???

• 2 weeks later...

Having just cancelled a Crystal Serenity cruise (I just didn't get all the hype about them from my cruise in 05), I booked another sailing, but saw this thread and throught...hmmm, same week, 700 passengers...and its a great deal! Its more than half the cost of Crystal and goes to some new out of the way ports!

Any thoughts on the ship? I hear she is popular (I love the smaller ships)

Thanks!

... and goes to some new out of the way ports!

That's one of the reasons why I'm being tempted to try this ship.

Decent size, no crowds, off the beaten path ports.

(My arm is sore from being twisted ... I'll be ready to yell 'uncle' soon)

:cool:

Vic, I'm still twisting yours for the 12/2 sailing:D !! It's a fabulous itinerary and we have a very nice small group forming on our roll call. So come on and book!!!!

I'm not fond of the 7 day itinerary, but if you take a peek at our 10-day you'll see it's fabulous including St. Barts, Grand Turk, St. Lucia and Nevis!!!:)

Here's that thread with a very good explanation by Host Doug about the possible sale of the Prinsendam: Did HAL Sell the Prinsendam? - Cruise Critic Message Boards

I do believe that there is some mis-information on this thread. It has to do the the alleged Nov. 3, 2006 Prinsendam cruise titled "European Farwell" mentioned above.

On November 3, 2006 the Prinsendam is scheduled to be on an "at sea" day off the Africian coast between stops in Gabon and Namibia. This is a very heavily booked cruise, ending for many in Fort Lauderdale on December 2, 2006.

Could the cruise be called "European Farewell" as it's the end of the European cruise season? The normal transatlantic sailing for the Prinsendam has been in November. susana.

The 12/2 sailing is nearly sold out, so if anyone wants to book, they'd better step on it.

Yes, rates have gone up, too.

Uh oh!!! Vic!!! You'd better get on this or your excuse is going to be there's nothing left!!!:)

I must have pushed this cruise too hard ... last time we all looked there was plenty of room. Word got out!!!

Archived