BUGS onboard?

rochnd

I am just curious if anyone has had any recent incidents of bug problems while onboard. We did and I will write about it in a follow-up, but for now I am curious if this was a one time thing or if others had experienced problems.

Thanks,

Don

I am just curious if anyone has had any recent incidents of bug problems while onboard. We did and I will write about it in a follow-up, but for now I am curious if this was a one time thing or if others had experienced problems.

Thanks,

Don

bed bugs? Heard lots of talk the past couple of years in Honolulu regarding older hotels having problems there but none so far for me anyway, on cruise ships. Likely to occur though - they are becoming more numerous 'cause folks aren't using chemicals on cockroaches anymore and so not indirectly then killing bedbugs either...Those 'critters' can hide in anything if left on beds infested with them or the floor - then into suitcases and guess what - they travel'!! If u inadvertently pick them up while away they will go home with u and its very expensive to try to get rid of them!

No bugs on the Volendam this past February. Picked up a pesky fly in our cabin at one of the ports and I "herded" him out of the cabin at sea later than day. If flies think I'm sure he was going "Now what?!?!?" as there was no land anywhere in sight.

bed bugs? Heard lots of talk the past couple of years in Honolulu regarding older hotels having problems there but none so far for me anyway, on cruise ships. Likely to occur though - they are becoming more numerous 'cause folks aren't using chemicals on cockroaches anymore and so not indirectly then killing bedbugs either...Those 'critters' can hide in anything if left on beds infested with them or the floor - then into suitcases and guess what - they travel'!! If u inadvertently pick them up while away they will go home with u and its very expensive to try to get rid of them!

On Princess cruise they were found. See below

March 4 - 11

Grand Princess

Princess Cruises It was reported by CBS TV in Dallas-Fort Worth that a couple staying in the Vasco de Gama suite had an encounter with bed bugs onboard the ship. The family said they are disappointed the cruise line did little to eradicate the bugs while on-board. According to the TV report, the company spokesman admitted fault and offered the family its "unreserved apology".

I read CruiseJunkie from time to time.

I go there occassionally.....I go to HAL ships often :) and, I am happy that bugs on their ships is one thing I never worry about.

We never did either, until this last trip. We are still recovering! Sent a note to our TA today and will see what he advises.

Don

rochnd -- this is not only unfair it is mean spirited to mention something like this in a mysterious way without ANY details at all! I am left wondering if you are talking about bugs like the Norovirus or insects like cockroaches, ants, bed bugs or head lice. Of course we understand that all of these things happen from time to time as they are all contagious and travel with people and in their things -- but it is a dis-service to HAL and to us all to drop an innuendo that is possibly this serious without any specifics at all.

The imagination can be a lot worse than the reality. Please elaborate by what you mean by "bug" along with the who, what, when and where. If you were not willing to share those things why did you post at all? To upset lots of folks? To do PR damage to a cruise line?

rochnd --

The imagination can be a lot worse than the reality. Please elaborate by what you mean by "bug" along with the who, what, when and where. If you were not willing to share those things why did you post at all? To upset lots of folks? To do PR damage to a cruise line?

Interesting, I was thinking the same thing, UNLESS he wants to see what the TA advises and sees what HA offers before he talks.

Archived