Your favorite Cruiseship

steviek49

Although I understand that some people have taken many cruises on dozens of different ships and some have taken just one I was curious to find out which cruise ship were people's favorites.

I also understand that since this is a HAL board it will most likely be HAL biased.

Let's see wwhat people have to say.

Have fun!

We've been on more than 20 cruises, big ships, little ships, old ships, new ships. I've never been on a ship I didn't like, but now I seem to lean to the newer ones. Particularly looking forward to the Volendam in May to Alaska, though. After that I may want to stick to the smaller size. Have been on the Caribbean Princess and the Sapphire Princess and loved them both though they are huge. I prefer being on a new ship, but if the smaller one turns out to be my favorite I may be out of luck in the future without paying a lot more to cruise the luxury lines. I don't see the mass market coming out with new and smaller ships. Perhaps I'll end up favoring those the size of Carnival Spirit and Oosterdam, both of which I enjoyed very much. Very difficult question for me to answer. While I'm on a particular ship, it's my favorite!

I've liked all the ships I've been on, but if I had to pick one, I'd say the Oosterdam. Everything about it just 'clicks' with me. The Norwegian Wind also has a special place in my heart, as it was the first ship I sailed on.

With 20 sailings, I've had 4 different 11 day repeaters on the Radiance of the Seas from Vancouver to Hawaii / or reverse; so although this is the HAL boards, I'll buck the trends, and open myself up for some flames and say she's my all time favourite -- I can take it !!! LOL :D

(for fav's on "X", I'd say Infinity, for HAL I'd say Oosterdam, and for Princess I'd say Regal Princess) -- that said, I've never been on ANY ship that I didn't like ... Out on the ocean with all that service --- what's NOT to like, eh! ;)

Dave

After 16 cruises including one on the RotterdamV1 and one on the Westerdam, I'd say our favorite ship is the Serenade of the Seas. Even so, our next cruise will be on the Rotterdam next September. We have never had a bad cruise including the NCLA Pride of America last week, and we have greatly enjoyed every cruise. Jim

For me it was the old Pacific Princess (the Old Love Boat). She was small only held 640 pax and it was just as the ads said about her it was Yacht like crusing. You got to know the crew and they got to know you.

Of the ships still sailing today I guess it would have to be HAL's Vista Class more to the point the Oosterdam. I like the layout of the ship when you are on decks 2 or 3 you can go from stern to bow without anything in your way. Not like the R or S classes where you have to go up and down to get to get to certian parts of the ship on decks 2 or 3

Right now, it's Noordam(IV) - tho i have the feeling that after her SOE, it may end up being Oosterdam again...

As far as ships that I've never sailed on and would really, really, really like to one day? (before it's too late...)

Prinsendam

The Radisson Diamond was the best ever for my two criuses aboard. Alas, she is no longer sailing. Nor is the Song of America, another wonderful experience.

If I had to pick a ship currently sailing, I would have to say X's Infinity was the nicest experience overall.

Of all 44 cruises, some ships have been repeated. My all time favorite was the old Sun Viking, followed by the Legend of the Seas. Serenade of the Seas was my least favorite although we sailed on her twice. Of the HAL ships, I loved the previous Westerdam that was our first HAL cruise in 1991. Of the currect ones it would be the Amsterdam.

Archived