Your favorite Cruiseship

steviek49

For us, our favorite ship is the next one we are sailing :) If that is true then our vote would go to Zaandam (Join us on the Voyage of the Spammed - Oct 7 - Hawaii!!!!) but really, the actual favorites:

Debbi - Coral Princess - sailed in February

Paul - Rotterdam... nice ship!

System (or my computer) is acting up today. Previous attempts disappeared into cyberspace.

Tough choice, but I would say Royal Princess (now P&O's Artemis) is probably my favorite ship.

The former Westerdam, now a Costa ship, was a winner.

The former Sea Princess (originally Kungsholm, later Victoria, now Mona Lisa) was a beauty.

The original Oriana (now scrapped) will always be high on my list - my first two cruises were on her.

Of ships currently in service, I am partial to the former Renaissance R class ships, now in service with Oceania (3 ships) and Princess (soon to be 3 ships). I think Pulmantour and Delphin Lines have the other two.

I also like Princess' Sun class ships.

Isn't it wonderful we have so many choices (and good memories?)

The France (instantly dating myself! lol). Actually, I haven't cruised in many years (!) but will be back at it as of this August on what I expcect to be a regular basis. I just had to add my vote, since someone had earlier mentioned The Norway, which of course is, or was, the same ship. As the other poster said, she was a true ocean liner, and it was the thrill of a lifetime to cross on her.

Brian, before I read the rest of the thread, I have to stop and agree with you. I've only been on three ships, but Prinsendam takes all the prizes. We called her home for 113 days and have booked two more cruises on her.

I don't understand anybody wanting to be in a bigger croud on an enormous ship that can't get into ports like the smaller ships can.

Next up is Rotterdam in the Baltic, and I hope it is as nice as Prinsendam.

Slinkie

Been on 45 cruises, five times on Rotterdam VI. We know her the best and therefor she's our favorite ship at the moment. I would have liked to have sailed on Rotterdam V based on all the great comments I've read about her but it's too late:( . Next best thing is to pay her a visit in Rotterdam when that great city becomes her new home.:) If you've ever been on Queen Mary in Long Beach, you can't help but wonder what it was like to have sailed her in the old days

I would have liked to have sailed on Rotterdam V based on all the great comments I've read about her but it's too late:( . Next best thing is to pay her a visit in Rotterdam when that great city becomes her new home.:) If you've ever been on Queen Mary in Long Beach, you can't help but wonder what it was like to have sailed her in the old days

Hi John

:)

Know what you mean regarding Rotterdam V. I was glad to sail on that ship when I did. (in 'her' so- called twilight years before being sold)

And the same feeling comes whenever I sail on QE2. That sense of history you get walking around the Mary, but it's real because you're at sea!

My goal is to get back on QE before she becomes nothing but a memory.

(And the memories will be GOOD ...)

Howdy Vic, you lucky guy! (Rotterdam V) We've only been on one Cunard ship but will never forget the Sagafjord. Avg. age on that Panama canal cruise was about 70+ We were in our 30ties. Crew adopted us; good times were had by all;)

We've only been on one Cunard ship but will never forget the Sagafjord.

She's still one of the most beautiful ships ever built, I think... Especially in her original form (pre-1981).

Right now my desktop wallpaper (I change it to a different ship photo every few weeks) is of her in her present form, as SAGA ROSE.

Last Sunday in Southampton, two current and two former Cunarders were all in port together: QE2, QM2, SAGA ROSE, and SAGA RUBY (ex VISTAFJORD). Together with P&O's OCEANA, they made it the busiest day for passenger ships in any British port in years!

Needless to say, that made for a beautiful line-up of ships (well, except for OCEANA)! You can see some beautiful photos of the day here.

I know she's not an HAL ship, but I think you'd love QE2. She's really something special!

(QM2 is great too, but still "just getting broken in". Great ships get better with age!)

Last Sunday in Southampton, two current and two former Cunarders were all in port together: QE2, QM2, SAGA ROSE, and SAGA RUBY (ex VISTAFJORD). Together with P&O's OCEANA, they made it the busiest day for passenger ships in any British port in years!

Needless to say, that made for a beautiful line-up of ships (well, except for OCEANA)! You can see some beautiful photos of the day here.quote]

Thanks for the pics Doug! We saw Saga Ruby here in LA/San Pedro on 26 MAR along with Celebrity's Summit and RCI's Vision of the Seas. Three cruise ships in port at the same time is something you don't see much in LA nowadays

We saw Saga Ruby here in LA/San Pedro on 26 MAR along with Celebrity's Summit and RCI's Vision of the Seas. Three cruise ships in port at the same time

One ship and two floating hotels ;) !

Anyhow, here is an article about her call at San Pedro that day and a rather special piece of cargo she took aboard!

I loved the Galaxy. It was my first experience on a smaller ship

I still can't get around the concept of a 78,000 GT ship being "smaller"! But these days I guess she is... These ships seemed huge when they were new though!

Actually though if your signature is correct, you had already sailed in two smaller ships, JUBILEE and VIKING SERENADE... Both much smaller than GALAXY. (Though they also were very large when they were new!)

All-time favorite was the ss Rotterdam. And a grand lady she was, too.

Current favorite is any (and all?) of the S-class ships. I love the smaller ships! If I ever get to sail the Prinsendam she may become a favorite, too. All the elements are there.

How could I forget? The Rotterdam V was without a doubt the most elegant ship my wife and I had the pleasure of sailing on; i.e., furnishings, food, service, and of course---the fantastic Ritz-Carleton Ballroom (never again to be duplicated).

Pressed I'd probably say the Ryndam but our last cruise on the Volendam really made a huge impression on us and, all other things being equal, would probably pick the Volendam over the Ryndam for future cruises. So far we've done the Ryndam (x2), Oosterdam, Celebrity's Galaxy, and the Volendam. Next cruise is the Veendam so maybe that'll become our new favorite. :)

Statendam. Just returned from the Sapphire strip mall, I mean Princess. My gosh...its a floating motel 6. The beds were painfull as was the service. Can't believe we didnt sail the Westerdam to the Mex Riv. Oh well, live and learn...we still has a relaxing vacation.

Archived