How Do you Like the new Boards  

277 members have voted

1. 1. How Do you Like the new Boards

• Love Them
    • Like Them
    • So So
    • Hate Them

quote:

Totally agree about the faintly colored & bright colored fonts. Very hard on the eyes and what's the point?

Have to agree with you here. I am getting used to the new boards more and more each day but I do not care for the different fonts or the colors that some use. I just skip over some of them as they are indeed hard on the eyes.

Brneyznfl: Thanks for the shift info. It makes it so much easier.

Globaliser: I was mostly referring to posters who quote the entire post in their response, especially if the posts are close together time-wise. I can't tell you how many times I've read, for example, a 6 paragraph post only to find that the first response, written within minutes of the original, then quotes the entire original 6 paragraphs. I know, just keep scrolling down and skip reading it...I just don't really get why the entire original has to be recopied, sometimes repeatedly.

Thanks everyone for not calling me on my stupid spelling error. Of course, I meant to type "okay." I'm usually pretty good about checking my posts. :rolleyes:

beachchick

I , Myself, never believe in "New and Improved"....What was it before ? "Old and Malfunctioning???" If it ain't broke.....don't fix it! I'm lost.....Lost all my posts, lost some friends, they are probably lost too, as I haven't heard from them. Maybe it will all come together soon, and I'll be tripping over daisies, but as of now....No I'm just not. :(

Globaliser: I was mostly referring to posters who quote the entire post in their response, especially if the posts are close together time-wise. I can't tell you how many times I've read, for example, a 6 paragraph post only to find that the first response, written within minutes of the original, then quotes the entire original 6 paragraphs. I know, just keep scrolling down and skip reading it...I just don't really get why the entire original has to be recopied, sometimes repeatedly.
I agree. It's really irritating when people don't take the trouble to identify which bit of a post they're responding to.

What is interesting is that some people react more negatively to quoting just individual lines within a message. People have different preferences. You evidently cannot please everyone! :)

SusieCruisie (great name): You really had me laughing with that response. I've always wondered how something can be new and also be improved. Isn't it one or the other? But it is quite right that the search function didn't work. This made for many, many posts asking the same questions.

bicker: Boy, are you correct there! You can please all of the people some of the time...etc., etc.

beachchick

• 2 weeks later...

Well......we were out of town during the transition. When I tried to log on the new boards with my old screen name (justcruizin85374) I could not get in. I tried for days, then sent several emails to admin. for my password info, never got a response, so here I am, new name but same ole me, but I lost my 1000 + posts I had :(

As for the features, still discovering some, some I don't like at all, while others are great. Like the little arrow in the box next to the # of posts on a thread, it takes you direct to the last post.....but you can still scroll up if you want.

I am really starting to like them. As with others, the more I use them and get acclimated, the more I like them. I also am learning as I go along. Haven't quite worked all the bugs out for myself yet, but I love a challenge.

The big thing is, I really don't have much to complain about. I am still here just about every day whenever possible so something must be right.

Archived