Carnival Pier

tm3750

Carnival used to dock at Purta Maya and for the most part has been tendering passengers. There were a few times when they were able to dock at one of the 2 available berths but it doesn't happen too often from what I hear.

Puerta Maya sustained heavy damage and is not expected to be open for quite a while(maybe 2007).

Carnival uses all 4 piers since Wilma. You don´t mention which ship you are sailing on so I can´t really tell you which pier it might be. Or when you will be here. By October, Punta Langosta and TMM both should be open for 2 ships each docking!

We just came back from the Miracle and we docked at the International pier. There were only two ships in port that day, us and the Fascination. It was very nice being able to just walk off the ship.

I would say you will be tendering.... Two RCCL ships will be there on June 9th. Rhapsody of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas. The peir that is open is the peir they are contracted with.

Our itinerary for the Ecstasy 5/11/06 cruise has changed from Playa to Cozumel. We'll be there Saturday (5/13). Looking at the cruisecal website for that date, I see no other ships in Coz, unless I'm doing it wrong. :confused: Hope that means we'll dock somewhere instead of tender in. Anyone know?

Cathy

There's also a story that may interest you about the re-opening of Cozumel's piers (based on an interview with the head of the port authority) on this Cozumel news and information website.

Ian

From reading this news it seems we will be docking in december. Only three ships in port that day:cool: :rolleyes: :D ;)

Our itinerary for the Ecstasy 5/11/06 cruise has changed from Playa to Cozumel. We'll be there Saturday (5/13). Looking at the cruisecal website for that date' date=' I see no other ships in Coz, unless I'm doing it wrong. :confused: Hope that means we'll dock somewhere instead of tender in. Anyone know?

Cathy[/quote']

Ecstasy will be at TMM pier, docked every Saturday through October. Glory will have the pier on Mondays when it is here with Ecstasy. And no one is sure yet who will get the pier on Wednesdays.

Our itinerary for the Ecstasy 5/11/06 cruise has changed from Playa to Cozumel. We'll be there Saturday (5/13). Looking at the cruisecal website for that date' date=' I see no other ships in Coz, unless I'm doing it wrong. :confused: Hope that means we'll dock somewhere instead of tender in. Anyone know?

Cathy[/quote']

Forgot to mention that the Ecstasy was only going to Playa instead of Cozumel because of the Pampered Chef group on board for 2 cruises.

Sorry, brain lapse. I am working too hard...I was referring to the Enchantment OTS not Ecstasy! UGH...time to go watch the NBA playoffs and get out of this office.

I hope we will be able to dock, but I have a question:

Given the number of ships at anytime in COZ, why couldnt each ship dock, unload passengers then move out to tender distance? I know people come and go, but the vast majority get off the ship first thing. They could then run tenders during the day based on supply & demand. Once it is time to re-board, the ship could once again dock.

Is there a reason why this is not being done?

At present just one ship can dock per day at the International Pier. Hopefully in June one will also be able to dock at Punta Langosta - see the storyon this Cozumel news and information website.

It then just comes down to how many ships are in port as to whether yours gets the dock-spot...!

Some other locals may be better placed to say how they decide, but I think it depends on the size of the ships and which is best suited to dock...

Ian

Archived