Carnival Pier

tm3750

Do certain cruise lines have ownership or priority at the two piers that are going to have double capacity by August (International & Punta Langosta)? I understand that the Carnival pier (Puerta Maya) was completely destroyed. Does this mean that Carnival Brands of cruise lines will only be able to dock if the other cruise lines like RCCL(International Pier) do not have two ships in that day? We were there in March on the Splendour of the Sea and tendering was kind of nice because we tendered to the Punta Langosta pier down town.

The main reason for the question is we will be there again on March 16, 2007 on the Conquest-9am along with 5 other ships. RCCL will have two ships in this day. (Mariner- 10am & Rhapsody-9am) HAL will have two as well (Veendam-1pm & Westerdam-10am). and the Norwegian Sun-8am. What two ships will most likely end up at the Punta Langosta?

do you think by December 30th, 2006 things will be back to normal or will it take longer to repair all the piers?

Depends on what you consider normal! There are supposed to be 3 more pier berth spots open by October. Carnival Corp. pier will be quite some time to open. Things will be better by December 30th! Only 3 ships here that day anyway.

Do certain cruise lines have ownership or priority at the two piers that are going to have double capacity by August (International & Punta Langosta)?

Not really...Carnival goes to all 4 piers. RCCL goes to 3 of them. NCL goes to 2. Etc.

I understand that the Carnival pier (Puerta Maya) was completely destroyed. Does this mean that Carnival Brands of cruise lines will only be able to dock if the other cruise lines like RCCL(International Pier) do not have two ships in that day?

No...the cruiselines have worked deals out (aka...big bucks exchanged hands) with the SSA pier. Right now, it is more size of ship and where the gangways line up with the "good" part of the pier. Carnival bumps out RCCL ships each week.

The main reason for the question is we will be there again on March 16, 2007 on the Conquest-9am along with 5 other ships. RCCL will have two ships in this day. (Mariner- 10am & Rhapsody-9am) HAL will have two as well (Veendam-1pm & Westerdam-10am). and the Norwegian Sun-8am. What two ships will most likely end up at the Punta Langosta?

NCL usually goes to PL. Along with RCCL. By March, it is anyones guess at this point what the status of the piers will be and who will be where.

Hi, we will be in Cozumel on Nov 1, 06 on Carnival ~ Miracle.. I believe we will be in port with the Facination. Do you know what pier we will have? How do you find this out? Thanks

As of right now, it is the Miracle with the spot. But there other pier berthing positions should be open about that time also so Fasc may get a spòt too.

Do certain cruise lines have ownership or priority at the two piers that are going to have double capacity by August (International & Punta Langosta)?

Not really...Carnival goes to all 4 piers. RCCL goes to 3 of them. NCL goes to 2. Etc.

I understand that the Carnival pier (Puerta Maya) was completely destroyed. Does this mean that Carnival Brands of cruise lines will only be able to dock if the other cruise lines like RCCL(International Pier) do not have two ships in that day?

No...the cruiselines have worked deals out (aka...big bucks exchanged hands) with the SSA pier. Right now, it is more size of ship and where the gangways line up with the "good" part of the pier. Carnival bumps out RCCL ships each week.

NCL usually goes to PL. Along with RCCL. By March, it is anyones guess at this point what the status of the piers will be and who will be where.

Thanks for your response, I guess one thing on our side will be that the Conquest will be second largest and second there.

Thank you Solita. As of now, do you know what pier? I will have alot of family and they think I am a cruise expert because I have been on 4 so far! Easier planning for just 2!! Once again, Thanks, LU

If the piers stay as they are now, then you will be at SSA docked. If the other berths are open then you will either be at SSA (International pier) or at Punta Langosta.

Thanks for the cruisecal site. I didn't even know that existed!! :) We will be there June 28th on the Fascination. Looks like we port at 1pm. Since we will be last to arrive, I'm assuming we will be tendering?

Like many of you have already done, I want to start by thanking Solita for all the info. Whether you get "good" news or "bad" news about docking, at least it gives you a better base to plan from! My question is for the Carnival Holiday on Tuesday 10/17/06 in Cozumel. There are 4 ships in that day--us, RCCL's Grandeur Of The Seas & Freedom Of The Seas & NCL's Norwegian Dream. Any idea what might go down? Thanks again!

Sara

We will be there Wednesday, December 20 on Star Pricess. Will we tender or dock? If docked, do you know where? Thanks SO MUCH!

Too far in advance...3 additional berth spot status unknown at this time.

We`ll be in town Wednesday on the Carnival Holiday. Do you know if it docks or tenders?

Thanks in advance.

Oh...One more. is MR. Sanchos getting any more sand?

Holiday usually tenders into Puerta Maya.

I don´t go to Mr. Sancho´s so can´t help you with that one

Thanks for the cruisecal site. I didn't even know that existed!! :) We will be there June 28th on the Fascination. Looks like we port at 1pm. Since we will be last to arrive, I'm assuming we will be tendering?

You will be tendering into Puerta Maya.

Like many of you have already done, I want to start by thanking Solita for all the info. Whether you get "good" news or "bad" news about docking, at least it gives you a better base to plan from! My question is for the Carnival Holiday on Tuesday 10/17/06 in Cozumel. There are 4 ships in that day--us, RCCL's Grandeur Of The Seas & Freedom Of The Seas & NCL's Norwegian Dream. Any idea what might go down? Thanks again!

Sara

Sara...glad I can help alittle. October is going to be the critical month with the other berthing spots opening at the piers. It is going to be all dependent if they get them open and when. If they do get the other 3 spots open by that point, then I would venture to guess that Holiday will share with Dream at Langosta and Grandeur and Freedom will be at SSA. But that is just a guess...no true way to tell at this point.

July 1st has 3 ships in port ( Cozumel)..The Holiday, Enchantment of the Sea, and the Inspirartion ( our ship). Which ships will be docking?

Thanks a lot.!!!!

The word I have is Enchantment.

Sara...glad I can help alittle. October is going to be the critical month with the other berthing spots opening at the piers. It is going to be all dependent if they get them open and when. If they do get the other 3 spots open by that point, then I would venture to guess that Holiday will share with Dream at Langosta and Grandeur and Freedom will be at SSA. But that is just a guess...no true way to tell at this point.

Again, thanks for the info. I figured October was still kind of up in the air. If the extra docking spots are NOT open by the time we arrive, will we most likely be tendering, then, rather than docking at one of the 2 spots that are already open?

Sara

Archived