Carnival Pier

tm3750

Solita,

First, thank you so much for your most generous help to all of us cruisers. My family will be on the Carnival Glory in Cozumel on July 3. Could you please tell me if we will dock or tender and to which pier.

Thanks, Alice

Glory has it over the Ecstasy each time it is here...every other Monday. You will be docked at SSA.

Hi, I will be on the Holiday on August the 26th, I have looked up the port schedule and see that there will be three ships there that day, the Holiday, the Inspiration and RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas. I know that RCCL's ships get preference; but if 2 ships can dock and the other two are both Carnival's, which one will dock and which one will tender, or will both tender? I know the Holiday is the "baby" of the group...will that end up being a good thing? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Enchantment has the pier. Holiday has been tendering into Puerta Maya.

Thank you so much for the information. I dont believe I have read an answer for Aug 10, I will be on ecstasy and the only other ship is navigator of the seas. Could you please tell which one gets the pier? Hope it is ectsasy. Fingers crossed lol!

Up to this point, Ecstasy has gotten the spot at the pier.

solita: Thanks for all the feedback. We'll be in Cozumel on August 2 - RCCI - Enchantment of the Seas. There are several ships in port that day. Do you know which ship gets to dock? Gracias!

Miracle does have the pier spot that day.

I don't know what you do or how you know this information but you are helping so many of us. Most of us are thrilled to know we are docking :) me for one, in Cozumel :D ... sorry for those who are not :(. Thank you for your time and knowledge.

Can I be greedy and ask about the following :D

Miracle - Grand Cayman 06/27/06

Belize 06/29/06

Thanks again!

Today was the first day Freedom called in Cozumel...what a pretty ship. But, it is too long to off load on the pier as it is now. The gangways do not line up on the "good" section. Enjoy!

Thanks.

Hello solita, I hope you can help me as well. My boyfriend and I are arriving to Cozumel on July 12th on the Fascination. According to cruisecal the Miracle is the only other ship there that day. Do we get the pier?

Thanks!

I don't know what you do or how you know this information but you are helping so many of us. Most of us are thrilled to know we are docking :) me for one, in Cozumel :D ... sorry for those who are not :(. Thank you for your time and knowledge.

Can I be greedy and ask about the following :D

Miracle - Grand Cayman 06/27/06

Belize 06/29/06

Thanks again!

Sorry, I don't know anything about any port other than here. Well, and Majahual. And Calica.

Hello solita, I hope you can help me as well. My boyfriend and I are arriving to Cozumel on July 12th on the Fascination. According to cruisecal the Miracle is the only other ship there that day. Do we get the pier?

Thanks!

You will be here with Grandeur and Fascination too. I'm not at the office right now but I believe Miracle has it that day. Or Grandeur....

solita: Thanks for all the feedback. We'll be in Cozumel on August 2 - RCCI - Enchantment of the Seas. There are several ships in port that day. Do you know which ship gets to dock? Gracias!

Without my notes at the office, I believe it is Enchantment. They haven't had to tender recently. I will post a correction tomorrow if I see that it is another one.

Solita

What about the Miracle on 09/20/06 docked or tendered?

thanks

pat, SC

You are scheduled to dock. But that is about when the other spots are supposed to be opening up so it is all up in the air.

I found this information at www.wilmacozumel.com:

"Cozumel's piers will be able to dock 4 cruise ships per day from October, said Victor Vivas González, head of Cozumel's Port Authority in an exclusive interview with wilmacozumel.com last week.

Passengers have been transferring by ferries since Hurricane Wilma damaged piers, but the International Pier recently re-opened its dock to accept one ship directly alongside per day.

In October, it will be ready to dock 2 ships. Punta Langosta will also be ready for 1 ship to dock in June and then 2 in October as well."

Does this mean that Carnival Conquest will be able to dock July 14th ?

I found this information at www.wilmacozumel.com:

"Cozumel's piers will be able to dock 4 cruise ships per day from October, said Victor Vivas González, head of Cozumel's Port Authority in an exclusive interview with wilmacozumel.com last week.

Passengers have been transferring by ferries since Hurricane Wilma damaged piers, but the International Pier recently re-opened its dock to accept one ship directly alongside per day.

In October, it will be ready to dock 2 ships. Punta Langosta will also be ready for 1 ship to dock in June and then 2 in October as well."

Does this mean that Carnival Conquest will be able to dock July 14th ?

I spoke to the pier owner's son yesterday. The date is still scheduled for mid/August for spot number one at that pier. Stranger things have happened so it might be ready earlier!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodeomomof2

Hi, I will be on the Holiday on August the 26th, I have looked up the port schedule and see that there will be three ships there that day, the Holiday, the Inspiration and RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas. I know that RCCL's ships get preference; but if 2 ships can dock and the other two are both Carnival's, which one will dock and which one will tender, or will both tender? I know the Holiday is the "baby" of the group...will that end up being a good thing? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Enchantment has the pier. Holiday has been tendering into Puerta Maya.

Thanks for the reply...does anyone have any idea how long it takes to "tender" in with a ship that is as small as the Holiday? Just curious as to when to schedule my Jeep tour, we are scheduled to dock around 8am.....

THANKS!:D

Quote:

Thanks for the reply...does anyone have any idea how long it takes to "tender" in with a ship that is as small as the Holiday? Just curious as to when to schedule my Jeep tour, we are scheduled to dock around 8am.....

THANKS!:D

If you booked the excursion thru the ship, don't worry...they will wait for you. Tendering usually takes 20 minutes. Although, sometimes it takes abit for the authorities to clear the ship and the first tender to come. The trip from ship to pier takes about 5 minutes.

Caro,

We are coming in on July 3rd aboard Ecstacy. The calender shows Glory will be the only other ship in port that day. Is there a chance they both could dock?

HDG777

I really don't believe in miracles so I would say the chances of both docking are nil. They are working on the piers as fast as they can but not that fast.

If you booked the excursion thru the ship, don't worry...they will wait for you. Tendering usually takes 20 minutes. Although, sometimes it takes abit for the authorities to clear the ship and the first tender to come. The trip from ship to pier takes about 5 minutes.

Once again, Thanks! I am not booked through the ship; but through a private company. I was just curious, I have read that some people have waited for 2 hours to get off of some of the larger ships. I was hoping since this was a smaller ship and since they have been doing it for quite a while that they will have it all "down" so that they will be able to do it smoothly and quickly.

Thanks again! :) Have a great day!

Once again, Thanks! I am not booked through the ship; but through a private company. I was just curious, I have read that some people have waited for 2 hours to get off of some of the larger ships. I was hoping since this was a smaller ship and since they have been doing it for quite a while that they will have it all "down" so that they will be able to do it smoothly and quickly.

Thanks again! :) Have a great day!

Rodeomomof2,

We were able to get off the Elation in about 1 hour 15 min. Of course, I was waiting in line early to get the tender ticket for the first tender. Make sure everyone in your party is there and you have everything you need to go ashore. This is because they will try to keep you together as a group before going down to board the tender.

Dave

Rodeomomof2,

We were able to get off the Elation in about 1 hour 15 min. Of course, I was waiting in line early to get the tender ticket for the first tender. Make sure everyone in your party is there and you have everything you need to go ashore. This is because they will try to keep you together as a group before going down to board the tender.

Dave

Thanks for the info. I will make sure we are all ready to go and have the tickets early. Can one person go down and get the tickets for the group?:confused:

Thanks for the info. I will make sure we are all ready to go and have the tickets early. Can one person go down and get the tickets for the group?:confused:

For us they wanted your entire group there before giving out the tender tickets plus they did not want you leaving to go back to your cabin. Again this was because they were going to take you down as a group for the tender.

Dave

I'm going to be on Miracle August 23rd...could you tell me if we're docking or tendering? Might there be two piers open by that point?

It is a possibility at this point...they are working fast but... Miracle is now alternating one week dock, next week tender. This week was a dock week.

Archived