Carnival Pier

tm3750

Solita, have you heard or have insight on the new Carnival Pier? are they going to rebuild as it was before or are they going to make the Y shaped pier that can handle 4 ships?

I have seen the model and it is a Y shape to handle 4 ships. It originally was going to be pull-in parking rather than parallel type berthing. There is also suppose to be a small cresent moon shaped pier between the shore and the ships to handle the tour boats (fishing tour, catamaran tour, party boat, etc.). Work got started about 10 days ago but it doesn´t look like anything is going on surface or below. Hmmmmm.

I'll be in Cozumel next week I believe Wednesday 6/28/06 aboard fascination will we be able to dock at the pier if not what happens. First timer!

Sorry, the Fasc always tenders into Puerta Maya. Miracle has the pier spot on Wednesdays when Enchantment isn´t here.

Again, thanks for the info. I figured October was still kind of up in the air. If the extra docking spots are NOT open by the time we arrive, will we most likely be tendering, then, rather than docking at one of the 2 spots that are already open?

Sara

Tender to Puerta Maya.

We'll be on the Ecstasy September 25. I think there will be one other ship in with us. Is there supposed to be 2 pier spots open by then or will we be tendering?

It depends if another berthing spot is open by then but if not, then Glory gets the pier spot and Ecstasy tenders.

Presuming that the other pier space becomes available in October (later this year, anyway), is it safe to assume that the NCL Majesty will always dock at Punta Langosta? We're arriving on Nov. 29, but one of 6 ships including the QE2. We'd be thrilled to find out that we would be docking, but figure since the Majesty is smaller, we're likelier to tender. Any thoughts?

And Solita, thanks so much for all the info. You're amazing!!

Presuming that the other pier space becomes available in October (later this year, anyway), is it safe to assume that the NCL Majesty will always dock at Punta Langosta? We're arriving on Nov. 29, but one of 6 ships including the QE2. We'd be thrilled to find out that we would be docking, but figure since the Majesty is smaller, we're likelier to tender. Any thoughts?

And Solita, thanks so much for all the info. You're amazing!!

That is one day that is really up in the air. Not only is QE2 slated to be here so is QM2. Those piers better be ready!!!! If you do tender, it will most likely be to Punta Langosta. But you will hopefully dock there.

Carnival used to dock at Purta Maya and for the most part has been tendering passengers. There were a few times when they were able to dock at one of the 2 available berths but it doesn't happen too often from what I hear.

Puerta Maya sustained heavy damage and is not expected to be open for quite a while(maybe 2007).

So if Puerta Maya doesn't open until 2007 what is it to do ther why do they tender you there?

So if Puerta Maya doesn't open until 2007 what is it to do ther why do they tender you there?

Puerta Maya is one of 4 piers we have here or rather had until hurricane Wilma. There is enough pier length for a tender boat to pull up to. All you need to do if you want to go to Paradise Beach is walk about 200 meters and get in a taxi. It is the closest pier to PB.

Puerta Maya is the name of one of the piers in San Miguel, the main city on the island of Cozumel. For a good map of the island, go to www.cozumelinsider.com. Where did you think it was?:p

That is one day that is really up in the air. Not only is QE2 slated to be here so is QM2. Those piers better be ready!!!! If you do tender, it will most likely be to Punta Langosta. But you will hopefully dock there.

Thanks, Solita! We'll keep our fingers crossed!

Hello just wondering if CCL - triumph would be docking or tendering on 7/10/2006. It doesn't appear that there are any other ships at port that day. Just double checking.

Triumph always has had the spot at SSA.

Solita,

I know it's a long way off, and your schedule doesn't go that far yet, but with your experience, could you take a good guess for me?

We will be there Friday, January 12th on the Conquest with 4 other ships in port that same day. One ship (Holland Veendam) arrives at 8am, the 3 others (Conquest, Rhapsody, and Costa Mediterranea) all arrive at 9am. The 5th (Valor) arrives at 11am.

Do you think because the piers will be able to take 4 ships then, the Conquest will be able to dock since they will be in of the first 4 ships arriving that morning? Or is that 5th ship, the Valor coming in 2 hours after everyone else, going to get it?

Take an educated guess for me please...;)

Solita,

I know it's a long way off, and your schedule doesn't go that far yet, but with your experience, could you take a good guess for me?

We will be there Friday, January 12th on the Conquest with 4 other ships in port that same day. One ship (Holland Veendam) arrives at 8am, the 3 others (Conquest, Rhapsody, and Costa Mediterranea) all arrive at 9am. The 5th (Valor) arrives at 11am.

Do you think because the piers will be able to take 4 ships then, the Conquest will be able to dock since they will be in of the first 4 ships arriving that morning? Or is that 5th ship, the Valor coming in 2 hours after everyone else, going to get it?

Solita,

I just saw the post where you request if anyone has a question for you, to start a new thread addressed to you since you don't always check ongoing old posts, so I have done just that as you requested. So please ignore the above question. I know you are getting flooded with questions and we all DO appreciate your time answering these. :)

Solita,

Hmmm, I didn´t see the other post. It really will be a toss up at the point to who is going where. As it stands now, it is the Rhapsody at SSA. If the other spots are open, I´m guessing that the Mediterranea will tender because the Veendam has older pax that are hard to tender, Conquest and Valor have alot of pax to tender. Just a guess mind you.

Solita,

My mother and I are going to be in Cozumel on July 8 on the Carnival Ecstasy. She is in a wheelchair and I need to know if we are tendering or docking so I can make plans to visit Cozumel or stay on the ship.

According to cruisecal, we are the only ship in port that day.

Gracias for all of your hard work on this forum.

Solita,

My mother and I are going to be in Cozumel on July 8 on the Carnival Ecstasy. She is in a wheelchair and I need to know if we are tendering or docking so I can make plans to visit Cozumel or stay on the ship.

According to cruisecal, we are the only ship in port that day.

Gracias for all of your hard work on this forum.

Yes, you will dock at SSA. Have fun!

I will be Cozumel on January 11, 2007 on the Ectasy..........will we be at the dock? This will be my first cruise.

Thanks!

At this point it is a tossup to who is going where. The other spots should be open but that is SHOULD BE. There will be 5 ships here that day...so at least one will tender. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Hi Solita

I was interested to read that the QE2 and QM2 will be visiting us in Cozumel, I looked up the schedules on Cunard's website and it says that the QE2 will be here 29 Nov 06 and the QM2 on 30 Nov 06, 14 Dec 06 and 28 Dec 06.

These dates are different to those you had I think - but I guess they change schedules some times?

If you have any extra information I'd be interested to know...!

Many thanks

Ian

Archived