Playa Uvas

rscima

You don't know what you're missing. Those pina coladas and margaritas were YUMMY!!!!!:D :D :D

Blame it on my parents!! I never learned to drink alcoholic beverages!

But I can put a dent in a gallon of iced tea with sugar!! :eek:

Blame it on my parents!! I never learned to drink alcoholic beverages!

:eek:

When you go down there next time, try their Blue Hawaii and Strawberry Daquiri drinks. They are to die for!! DELICIOUS!!! :D I can't wait to go back again!!!

This is one thing that I love about Playa Uvas. They are not stingy at all with their liquor!!! They don't water down their drinks, and they are to die for! Love it!!

Start slow' date=' try a Miami Vice, you'll be hooked on foo-foos! :eek:[/quote']

When you go down there next time, try their Blue Hawaii and Strawberry Daquiri drinks. They are to die for!! DELICIOUS!!! :D I can't wait to go back again!!!

This is one thing that I love about Playa Uvas. They are not stingy at all with their liquor!!! They don't water down their drinks, and they are to die for! Love it!!

I'm gonna need somebody to go with me and get me back onto the ship!

LOL!

I'm gonna need somebody to go with me and get me back onto the ship!

LOL!

Try the ones I mentioned next time you go up there. Did you say that you may go up there in June? I'm going back in August and then in Dec. to get married!! Can't wait! :D

Hi, I will be going to Cozumel in June and was wondering if anyone has ever purchased Kinder eggs from cozumel mexico. Kinder eggs are hollow chocolate egg shaped candy with a toy inside. I would love to know where I could find these while I am there. Thanks!!:D

Ken just can't let it go. He has no interest in this thread or discussing pros and cons of Playa Uvas to help other ccers. He only posts when he can question a returning reviewer about the fish feeding. It's his agenda' date=' and like a dog with a bone, he isn't ever going to let it go. And, if anyone dares to question HIM about it, he goes right for the triangle and has their post removed. I, for one, am tired of it. Can't anyone post on this thread without the fish interrogation? :mad:[/quote']

Well said Stillfloating! I'm tired of it & I'm sure everyone else is too!

LET IT GO!!

Hi, I will be going to Cozumel in June and was wondering if anyone has ever purchased Kinder eggs from cozumel mexico. Kinder eggs are hollow chocolate egg shaped candy with a toy inside. I would love to know where I could find these while I am there. Thanks!!:D

Sorry for aiding and abetting a thread hijacker, but yes, they can be found at any corner store.

Welcome to the boards you'll find lots of good info here! In the future though, it's considered good etiquette not to ask questions unrelated to the thread topic, in this case, UVAS BEACH. Next time start a new thread to pose your question:) Have a great vacation!

Tom, I looked and I could not find the new thread starter, sorry. Thank you for your info. Are they called something else in Mexico? Also can you find them close to the pier or do you have to go into the city itself? Thanks!

Tom, I looked and I could not find the new thread starter, sorry. Thank you for your info. Are they called something else in Mexico? Also can you find them close to the pier or do you have to go into the city itself? Thanks!

It's a small blue rectangle with "New Thread" written on it, close to the bottom of the main page, left hand side.

If you are docking at Punta Langosta, you're practically in town anyway, so just look for a drugstore (farmacia)...they should have 'em. If you're coming in on the International Pier, there's a little store about a 3-4 minute walk down the street to your left as you exit. On the other side of the street! Now go find that "New Thread" button" LOL!:D

Is it mandatory to have a reservation to visit uvas? we were interested in making this a stop for a couple drinks and to buy some of sols pretty jewelry.

We are less than a week out so any information will be helpful.

Suggested to insure space, but not mandatory.

Enjoy your day on Cozumel Island!

Is it possible for a couple to purchase two different entrance packages? I am not much of a drinker and think that the entrance fee with compimentary drink would probably be fine for me, but my husband enjoys his Sol, so would it be more economical for him to purchase the open bar and is that a possibility? Can we just purchase our lunch separately if we decide to stay that long and any idea of pricing in the restaurant? We will be in Cozumel in late November and I am trying to decide what we want to do. We have been to Cozumel many times in the past few years but have never done a beach club. TIA!

back from a great cruise and Playa uvas.

I have tons of great pictures i have to upload some and post when i get a chance, but we had a great time in Cozumel and Uvas was the perfect place to spend it.

The beach and club is even prettier than i imagined it to be. Carmen and Raul were great. We didnt get to meet Eduardo

here is the portion of my cruise review about playa uvas. I posted the full review in the Carnival forum.

It was easy to catch a cab, and the ride was $10 to playa uvas but we gave the driver a 2 dollar tip as well. It was a lot to see on the way. It started raining a little again, but by the time we got to Playa Uvas it was bright and sunny. Uvas was very nice. The landscaping, green grass, and beautiful beach and water. All of the facilities were extremely nice. We prebooked open bar and lunch. We were greeted by the hostess Carmen, who was very friendly and called over our waiter Raul to take care of us for the day. Raul was very friendly and funny. We rented a locker for our stuff and Raul took our drink orders, asked us what time we wanted dinner then sent us down to the beach. We enjoyed the spot for awhile but it had become very hot. There were several snorkel and cleak kayak excursion groups who came through, but the beach was never crowded. A beautiful and relaxing spot. The place was immaculate. We spent about an hour sitting under an umbrella in the loungers, Raul brought us some drinks then we decided to come back to the restaurant and bar covered area and sit where it was cooler. Shortly after there was another quick rain. My wife wasn’t drinking alcohol and had some virgin strawberry daquiri’s and soda, but I had a whole bunch of drinks. I had a beer to start, then I had 2 mango margaritas, then I had about 4 strawberry Daiquiris, then I had a regular margarita, then about two more mango margaritas, then another beer. For dinner I had garlic fish, with steamed vegetables and rice, and my wife had beef fajitas. The food was tasty and very colorful. We had to take pictures of the food. There were some huge pelican looking birds flying around frequently. We didn’t get into the water but we took pictures at the shoreline. We spent about three or four hours at Uvas. We took more pictures together around Uvas and some pictures with Raul and Carmen. We visited the gift shop but we didn’t buy anything, despite one of the merchants coming down from 15 dollars to 8 dollars on an item my wife was considering. We were going to leave and head back to downtown San Miguel to shop a little bit more before heading back to the ship, but a very heavy rain and wind storm came out of nowhere. We stayed on the covered eating and bar area for awhile and waited out the rain. Tipped the bartender and our waiter Raul, and caught a taxi when the rain slacked off to a drizzle. By the time we got to Punta Langosta/San Miguel, it had stopped raining but it was still cloudy so we decided to head back to the ship.

Hello Everyone!!

A few things...

I am going on Carnival Inspiration for my 25th Birthday next week and our last stop is in Cozumel on May 10th from 9am-6pm. I was really looking for a place to get a beach massage and came across this thread and checked everything out last night. I was on Playa Uvas website and sent an email (thought it was for more info) and this morning @ work when I went into my email I had one from Eduardo sending me a conformation.

I emailed him back right away because what I put on that email was not what we all wanted (there are 4 of us in our group and of course not everyone wants to do the same thing) and I also wanted to book a 60min massage. Actually we all did, ha!

He wrote me back saying I can change it to the all day beach pass for 59.00 when we get there and to bring the original conf he had sent me even though its wrong. He also then said he put us down for only 30min massages a piece...I also had told him I wanted a beach bed for the day..

Now..Ive never done anything like this before. So I am all paranoid and stressing over the fact that since we have 4 people all together I am the only one that only wants to be a beach baby all day on the beach beds and eat and drink all day and get a 60min massage and the 3 others want to do the snorkle, kayak, massage eat and drink.

Since I told him I wanted the beach bed is it for sure held for me?? and are they all placed right down on the beach by the water??? And I also told him in my email back tonight that I want a 60min...NOT a 30min massage and since I wont be doing kayak like the others will that work..?

I dont want to be annoying with him but I just want to make sure everything is done right and I can do what I want and my friends can as well and everything that I asked for will be taken care of.

I am almost positive that our boat will be the only one in port that day.

I am so much looking forward to Playa Uvas..Soso much..Seems all to good to be true..I know cruise and cozumel time are different. we are leaving from Florida so when the boat says we will be there from 9am-6pm does that mean 8am-5pm cozumel time?? I am afraid if we arrive late due to the boat or getting a cab that playa uvas will think we are not coming and i wont get my beach bed or 60min massage..i was really confused when he wrote me this morning sayin he booked our massages but they are only 30min a piece. but since there are 4 of us maybe that is why he did it? im hopin im wrong and when he gets my email and see's that i for sure want a 60min just for me..it will be taken care of...i am a worry wart..i am obbessing over this trip..can ya tell ;)

rest my mind everyone! please!! i guess since i am new to all of this i am afraid nothing will turn out the way i want. since my conversation is only thru email with playa uvas and i have the wrong email conf..so im assuming that isn't hard to change once we get there and its normal for a group of 4 people do all do different things if they wanted? ahh...help me :eek:

allllll i want is to lay out as long as possible on the beach bed...eat..drink much..and get a 60min massage......my 3 friends want the same but also want to kayak and snorkle..is this all possible?? im so confused..

I just got back from there on April 28th. I was NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL. I have another post about playa uvas and the reef club where I was in January. You can not snorkel or kayak on your own there like you can at other resorts. you have to follow a guide and then they want the tip afterwards.

Don't worry about the beds, I did not see one person using them. I would look at other places before I book this one.

I just got back from there on April 28th. I was NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL. I have another post about playa uvas and the reef club where I was in January. You can not snorkel or kayak on your own there like you can at other resorts. you have to follow a guide and then they want the tip afterwards.

Don't worry about the beds, I did not see one person using them. I would look at other places before I book this one.

Unless things have changed very recently, you can snorkle on your own at Playa Uvas. They even rent snorkle equipment so that you don't have to bring your own.

The kayaks are special clear ones, and those are only available on a tour.

Sorry you didn't like Playa Uvas.

Hello Everyone!!

allllll i want is to lay out as long as possible on the beach bed...eat..drink much..and get a 60min massage......my 3 friends want the same but also want to kayak and snorkle..is this all possible?? im so confused..

Early Happy Birthday to you!

When you get to Uvas, ask Carmen to hook you up for what each of you wants to do. She'll take care of it!

Come back here with a review when you return!

Unless things have changed very recently, you can snorkle on your own at Playa Uvas. They even rent snorkle equipment so that you don't have to bring your own.

The kayaks are special clear ones, and those are only available on a tour.

Sorry you didn't like Playa Uvas.

I agree with Stircrazy. At Playa Uvas you can go out to the beach anytime that you want to go snorkeling. However, when you go snorkeling with the guides it's a "guided tour" so they take you out to the places where you can see several fish! Being my first time snorkeling I appreacited that Playa Uvas took good care of me and my friends. I felt very safe out in the water. I highly recommend Playa Uvas for anyone looking for a beach that is geared more towards adults and a more private/relaxing time.

Princess,

Don't worry, Just let Carmen know which changes you would like to make and she'll take care of you!

I hope you enjoy the massage! :)