Horsham or Conshohocken, PA to Baltimore by Bus

Hi all. We are taking the RCCL bus to Baltimore for the 9 night Grandeur. We were told to pick up the bus at a Wendys at 415 Easton Road (rte 611) in Horsham. Even RADIO (thank you) confirmed it!

Well, there is no Wendy's at that location. Our TA said RCCL changed it to a Vitamin store (?) but it wasn't made public yet. Before we take a ride up there to find out, I was hoping to see if anyone took this bus to Baltimore from Conshohocken (1st stop) and Horsham (2nd stop).

Appreciate all your help (and Radio too)!

spanky

Hi Spanky - I can't help with your exact request, as I have never taken that bus. However, I worked in Horsham for 7 years, and there is a Wendys at that location. Here's a link if it helps. The only Vitamin store I know in the area in further down Easton Rd / 611 in Willow Grove near the mall. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

http://web.sa.mapquest.com/wendys/advantage.adp?tempset=en_routesearch&transaction=route&pWidth=420&origcity=HORSHAM&origstateProvince=PA&origpostalCode=19044&origcountry=US&origlatitude=40.185000&origlongitude=-75.146600&origiconid=9191&destname=HORSHAM&destaddress=415%20EASTEN%20RD.&destcity=HORSHAM&deststateProvince=PA&destpostalCode=19044&destcountry=US&destlatitude=40.179699&destlongitude=-75.130302&desticonid=9192&destuser1=2156751688

Hi Spanky,

I live about 3 miles from the Wendy's in Horsham. It is at the corner of Routes 611 (Easton Rd) and 463 (Horsham Rd). If you are having trouble locating this on a map it is approximately 1 mile south of the Willow Grove Naval Air Station which is located on Rt. 611. I'm not sure where the vitamin store is but if you get an address I can check it out for you.

Wow, Patrick, you are GOOD!

I just LOVE seeing "Conshohocken" in the thread title. I can just imagine all of the people from other areas scratching their heads, going, CONSHOHOCKEN???? Of course, they'd be even more puzzled by "KING OF PRUSSIA".

:D :D :D

I just LOVE seeing "Conshohocken" in the thread title. I can just imagine all of the people from other areas scratching their heads, going, CONSHOHOCKEN???? Of course, they'd be even more puzzled by "KING OF PRUSSIA".

Hey, at least it isn't Bala Cynwyd.

Are those Indian names in the title? You have very strange town names. Although I guess things like Los Banos (the toilet) and Manteca(lard) would also be considered strange. California has those Spanish origins. :D

PA and Dutch, German or Welsh. That makes sense. We are Shedd/ Cornells here but the diversity in California is fascinating. Still learning about the history behind NE city names. :) And I should add, not that it matters and O/T, we are obviously on the poor side of the family. I don't want to sabotage the TO THE CRUISE BUS QUESTON. (although I think the moderators are sleeping)

I am booking the Grandeur for next summer, and am wondering how you find out the different locations that the bus picks up from in the Philly area to go to Baltimore? Is it anywhere on RCI's website? And what is the cost for this service?

I was shocked to see the names of those towns in a thread! But it was so funny because I worked about .25 of a mile from that Wendys for 7 years, but now that seems like a lifetime ago.

You and Wrona are so right about odd names of Philly area towns. I remember when I first moved there; I used to look at people funny. And i never learned how to spell Schuykill.

I miss Philly!

the wendy's is on 611 maybe it is listed as horsham rd. since it is on the corner of horsham rd. and 611. I was waiting for someone to mention the Schuykil, and don't forget our other PA towns like, Blue Ball, Bird in the Hand and Intercourse, PA!:D

the wendy's is on 611 maybe it is listed as horsham rd. since it is on the corner of horsham rd. and 611. I was waiting for someone to mention the Schuykil, and don't forget our other PA towns like, Blue Ball, Bird in the Hand and Intercourse, PA!:D

Me too! Couldn't figure out how to spell it myself... certainly not surprised that it showed up though!

I'm particularly fond of "Street Rd" ; "Old Street Rd" and "New Street Rd" ... Now THAT'S original ;)

A~

I believe the price is $116 per person round trip. Someone told me on these boards a few months back. I think we'll drive and park ($10 perday). That way we can go when we want.

More shocking if they drive northeast for about 45 minutes and arrive in "Intercourse, PA", "Bird-in-Hand, PA", and even "Paradise, PA".:eek:

Hi, Not trying to be know it all but, Schuylkill is the correct spelling, I think that it means do not park here in native indian. I am a police officer and often have to write parking tickets here, and that is a joke among the locals.

Now, children, play nicely.

Schuylkill is a Dutch word that means Hidden River.

Conshohocken is an Indian word, like Manayunk, Wissahickon and Wyalusing.

King of Prussia was named for, well, the King of Prussia.

Bala Cynwyd, Bryn Mawr, Narberth, and MERION are all Welsh names.

Horsham, like many other towns in Pennsylvania, and many other towns in the original 13 colonies, is named for a town in England, from which settlers had come.

We now return you to your regular mindless activities. (including chatting about cruising) :D

More shocking if they drive northeast for about 45 minutes and arrive in "Intercourse, PA", "Bird-in-Hand, PA", and even "Paradise, PA".:eek:
Clarkk, you forgot to mention that next to Intercourse is a town called Blue Ball. :D :D :D

Me too! Couldn't figure out how to spell it myself... certainly not surprised that it showed up though!

I'm particularly fond of "Street Rd" ; "Old Street Rd" and "New Street Rd" ... Now THAT'S original ;)

A~

I used to live on Street Rd! I would tell people my address and they always looked at me funny. :)

You guys are all pretty funny, making fun of the PA town names ! I know what you mean about Street RD, having lived right off of it for years in Bensalem (where Ben Franklin sailed his kite - get it, BEN SAIL EM)!!

The TA said Royal Caribbean changed the pick up in Horsham to a Vitamin store but so far we haven't heard where it is. I think there is just some half-assed info coming from RCCL.

To find pickup points, if you went thru a TA, call them and they will get the info from RCCL. If you booked thru RCCL directly, call them and they will give you the same info (hopefully they will give you the correct info). The bus is $116, at least it is for ours - if we find the pickup location!!

spanky

Yeah, Patrick, Street Road was always one of my favorites. Here in Lower Merion Township, there is an intersection of Old Gulph Road and Old Gulph Road. :eek:

Of course, in Durham, NC, there is a Chapel Hill Road, a Chapel Hill Street and a Chapel Hill Boulevard.

We have multiple Bryn Mawr Avenues (not physically connected to one another and not particularly near one another), a couple of Haverford Avenues (even farther apart), Lancaster Avenue, Old Lancaster Road............and so on, and so forth.

I suspect that most regions have these anomalies. :)

Yeah, Patrick, Street Road was always one of my favorites. Here in Lower Merion Township, there is an intersection of Old Gulph Road and Old Gulph Road. :eek:

Of course, in Durham, NC, there is a Chapel Hill Road, a Chapel Hill Street and a Chapel Hill Boulevard.

We have multiple Bryn Mawr Avenues (not physically connected to one another and not particularly near one another), a couple of Haverford Avenues (even farther apart), Lancaster Avenue, Old Lancaster Road............and so on, and so forth.

I suspect that most regions have these anomalies. :)

Carol, I once worked in customer service for a company that was on Otter Creek South Blvd. There were 7 other streets named Otter Creek. Some were Otter Creek direction Road, a few were Otter Creek direction Circle, and a few were Otter Creek direction Blvd - and all connected to each other - except where the interstate cut through them. All were in the town of Mabelvale, that also had about 8 streets named Mabelvale. We'd get calls from truckers wanting directions to make a delivery to our business, I'd give them directions such as go 2 blocks make a left, never listing a street name. There was one trucker that got mad because I wouldn't tell him the street names, so I gave them to him. He called lost about 3 hours later because he had tried to follow the street names.

Archived