Horsham or Conshohocken, PA to Baltimore by Bus

But did you ever drive on the "sure-kill" expressway.

Oh, yes I did. You should've heard some of my southern family trying to pronounce the place names when they came to visit me at school.

Not only does PA have Intercourse, Bird-in-Hand and Paradise, it also has a Virginville. If you think PA streets are confusing, I live in Marple Twp. but the post office is Broomall, and work in St. Davids aka Wayne aka Radnor Twp.

My dad always called the Schuylkill Expressway the "sure-kill." I thought that really was it's name for a long time.

My DH was born and raised in Sharon Hill.

thesmiths-

His last name is Singleton. He graduated SHHS in 77. I graduated from Collingdale in 79. And if you know either of us, I'll never hear the end of it. He says I know someone everywhere I go. :D When he saw your post, he was trying to think if he knew anyone named smith.

WOW! I am just getting a kick reading this thread. I spent the first thirty years of my life in Penndel and DH lived in the far north east. Also lived on St Rd. for a couple of years. At least Street Rd. is the name for it's full length. I think it's about 9 towns that it goes through. Here in CT the street we live off of has three name changes in less than a half mile. Try giving directions to people when they come to the intersection of Howard and Howard. LOL. Being lost in Lancaster, we found ourselfs at the corner of Lemon and Lime.:D

WOW! I am just getting a kick reading this thread. I spent the first thirty years of my life in Penndel and DH lived in the far north east. Also lived on St Rd. for a couple of years. At least Street Rd. is the name for it's full length. I think it's about 9 towns that it goes through. Here in CT the street we live off of has three name changes in less than a half mile. Try giving directions to people when they come to the intersection of Howard and Howard. LOL. Being lost in Lancaster, we found ourselfs at the corner of Lemon and Lime.:D

WOW... I grew up in Levittown and moved all the way to Langhorne... that's a Penndel sandwich ;) Small world!

A~

Yeah, Patrick, Street Road was always one of my favorites. Here in Lower Merion Township, there is an intersection of Old Gulph Road and Old Gulph Road. :eek:

Of course, in Durham, NC, there is a Chapel Hill Road, a Chapel Hill Street and a Chapel Hill Boulevard.

We have multiple Bryn Mawr Avenues (not physically connected to one another and not particularly near one another), a couple of Haverford Avenues (even farther apart), Lancaster Avenue, Old Lancaster Road............and so on, and so forth.

I suspect that most regions have these anomalies. :)

There are also multiple Darby sts/rds not to mention Darby township, Upper Darby and Darby bourough. Then if that isnt confusing enough, there are two different Springfield townships.

wrp,

I'm not sure where but there is a place you can order a taste of "Philly". It has tastykakes, cheesesteaks and soft pretzels!! (don't know how I lived nearly 30 years without them before I moved to the Philadelphia area). I don't know the website but I'm sure if you search on google you can find it. Mmmm...now I'm thinking about pork roll!!:D

The WAWA name comes from an American Indian heritage in SE Pennsylvania. Their computerized made-to-order sandwich menu is outstanding! You key in your order and customize your sandwich to your liking. Hey, RCCL and WAWA, how about going onboard like Johnny Rocket's?

Wawa is an Indian word for goose (their logo is a goose flying silhouetted against a sun or moon). It's also a town where their dairy is. Yes, it's originally a dairy, that opened its own stores to sell its milk, which morphed into convenience stores, many of which have gas pumps.

It makes 7-11 look like a pushcart. :)

dillybar:

You were SO close.................the website is http://www.tasteofphilly.com :D

The WAWA name comes from an American Indian heritage in SE Pennsylvania. Their computerized made-to-order sandwich menu is outstanding! You key in your order and customize your sandwich to your liking. Hey, RCCL and WAWA, how about going onboard like Johnny Rocket's?

Yeah... and WAWA coffee is THE BEST!!!

btw, how scarey does "Swamp Rd" sound??? :D

A~

Archived