Changing The Royal Promenade

Bring the ice cream, frz yogurt machines back. Hardly ever open on Lido & inconvenient to go there. [At least on the Mariner.]
No, can't disagree more. I almost had my formal clothes ruined by some little punk running with an ice-cream cone.

It was a mess and created a lot of congestion.

More congestion than all the over priced clothes racks & tables of jewelery taking up more than 1/2 the walking area? I agree the small table tended to get messy w/all the sprinkes stuff. Perhaps it could be placed in the rear of the cafe. We've been on the Mariner 3Xs and never had a problem or seen any little "punks" running w/cones. One incident shld not condemn all us big kids or little "punks". I've read the reason it was taken off the promenade was its competition w/the overpriced Ben & Jerrys.

It was really hard to walk down the Promenade when a good third (maybe even half) of the width was taken up by the tables, and another big chunk taken up by the people browsing/shopping.

Also a better locale for the cooking demos, they also created traffic issues on the Promenade

I like the inside balconies idea.

I also agree that the tables in the center take away from it.

Things I would add would probably be a second level of shops (maybe that would avoid the tables on the ground.

Also, on a non-aesthetic note, I would increase the number of beers available at the Pub. I was disappointed at the selection there. It would even be neat if RCCL had their own brew. Make the Pub larger as well.

Lots of great stuff here! I would love a sports bar in the Promenade, but it would probably need more space than they could free up. No sales tables! If I want a watch I'll go inside the shop. And yes, the beer selection at the pub is awful. It needs more of the beers and ales served in the UK and Ireland and less of the crap we call beer in the U.S. And wouldn't it be great to see the pub offer things like shepard's pie? And nachos and hot wings at the sports bar?

I would love a sports bar in the Promenade, but it would probably need more space than they could free up.... And wouldn't it be great to see the pub offer things like shepard's pie? And nachos and hot wings at the sports bar?

I believe the Adventure, Explorer, and Voyager of the Seas already have a sports bar in the Promenade. We were on the Voyager last November and watched football games on Sunday in the sports bar. They had free hot dogs and chicken wings during the games.

The Mariner and Navigator of the Seas have a wine bar in the location of the sports bar on the other ships. Personally, I prefer the sports bar.

Tim

I believe the Adventure, Explorer, and Voyager of the Seas already have a sports bar in the Promenade. We were on the Voyager last November and watched football games on Sunday in the sports bar. They had free hot dogs and chicken wings during the games.

The Mariner and Navigator of the Seas have a wine bar in the location of the sports bar on the other ships. Personally, I prefer the sports bar.

Didn't know that. Never cruised on the Voyager, Adventure, Explorer. I liked the wine bar on the Mariner - mostly because of the super staff there. It wasn't as much fun on the Freedom and never seemed very popular. I think they should say "oh well, we tried something new" and dump the wine bars and make them sports bars.

You asked what "I" would change. I would do away with it. It is too congested for me. That is "MY" opinion, but you did ask.

Annieeee

It is always amazing to me how varied our opinions can be here on the boards, LOL! For my DH and me the Royal Promenade is one of, perhaps even THE thing, we love best about the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

To each their own!

I wish the cozy book store ( Book Nook) beside the coffee shop would be open more often. I actually found it open only once even when other shops were open.

As mentioned by another poster, the coffee shop could stand to be bigger. At certain times of the day it was hard to get a seat or table...but that didn't keep us from trying.

The balcony idea is interesting. I wonder why Royal Caribbean doesn't do that, perhaps on Genesis.

Archived