Check-in Time...2:00 p.m.?

Hello.

Just curious to know what time most people check-in. From what I remember, whenever I've cruised w/ RC I'm usually at the pier by noon and checked-in by 1:00 p.m. at the latest! However, I just read my cruise package and it says that you should not arrive at the pier for check-in before 2:00 p.m. How bad would it be if we arrived at noon? Will they not allow us to check-in? Will we have to wait around until 2:00 for check-in to begin? Just curious to know b/c I haven't cruised w/ RC in over 5 years and wasn't sure if there was a change to the rules.

Thanks for your help.

~ Adrienne

Hello.

Just curious to know what time most people check-in. From what I remember, whenever I've cruised w/ RC I'm usually at the pier by noon and checked-in by 1:00 p.m. at the latest! However, I just read my cruise package and it says that you should not arrive at the pier for check-in before 2:00 p.m. How bad would it be if we arrived at noon? Will they not allow us to check-in? Will we have to wait around until 2:00 for check-in to begin? Just curious to know b/c I haven't cruised w/ RC in over 5 years and wasn't sure if there was a change to the rules.

Thanks for your help.

~ Adrienne

Same 2PM rule as 5 years ago. Get to the pier between 11 and 12 and you'll be fine.

WhenI called RCCI's customer service I was concerned because my plane arrive in Miami at 10:30. The RCCI customer service people are great by the way. They reminded me, it takes awhile to actually get from the airport to the departure checkin. They also said, there are a lot of factors, but they try to get everyone off the ship and the new people boarding as soon as possible. When we got on at noon, the wait was only around 1/2hour and they suggested we go to lunch in the Winjammer as the rooms would be ready at 1pm. It was the best vacation ever, I hope I don't have to wait 5 years for the next.

We showed up at the pier at 11:15am. Dropped off our luggage, checked in, through the metal detector, had our pictures taken and were in the Windjammer at 12noon sharp for lunch. They let you in the rooms around 1pm or 2pm but our luggage didn't show up until 5pm. Luggage delivery was very slow. They were still bringing luggage to rooms at 8pm when we were going to dinner.

We went out of Port Canaveral (last week), arrived at pier around 10:45 and was on the ship by 11:30 with no problems.

Same here. We were in the Windjammer having lunch before noon. :) I was so happy it worked out this way because my father, who cruises all the time, and was cruising with us, was our ride to the port. When I started mentioning to him weeks ago about getting on early (based on what I read here), he was being very stubborn and insisting that "you can't board the ship until 1:00!" Finally, on the day we were to sail, I said "we're all so excited, what difference does it make if we sit and wait here or there? At least that way we can see the ship." He caved, and we arrived around 10:45, but even as we were pulling up to the port, he was still saying "you're not going to be able to get on the ship!" Finally I just said "wanna bet me?" because we could see people already on board! When we got to the Windjammer, there were already a lot of people having their lunch.

Funny thing is, my dad is ALWAYS early for everything else. First at the dining room for dinner (usually haven't opened the doors yet), early in the dining room for breakfast. I'm wondering now if he'll be showing up earlier at the port for his other cruises? :rolleyes:

With Freedom June 11, even as we drove up to drop off our luggage ,a big sign outside said 2:00PM boarding time. I was really concerned as we were there at eleven. But lo and behold, we went right in, right up the (not working) escalator, right to the check-in desk and security and right on to the ship, just as slick as ice.

We never got our luggage until 9:00PM. That is why I always pack a change of clothing, medicine and toiletries in my carry on.

Archived