Southwest Air for November HAL Cruise

Roz

Kathy:) , I'm not going to thank you for that info because I was trying to keep it a secret;) . However, SW makes it pretty clear on their website that you can also check in via a web-enabled mobile device. You don't have to pretend you're printing the boarding pass because there's no requirement you do that. That's why you can either go to the kiosk to to an agent and just say you didn't have a printer when you checked in.

So much for that little secret! I'll never get the A line now:o .

I didn't know it was a secret! When I flew SW last month (it was the first, but not last, time) I knew enough to check in on line, but also knew my printer wasn't working. I figured I would just act like a confused old lady at the ariport and say I forgot to bring the passes. Turned out I didn't have to put on an act. The sweet men at curb-side check-in were more than happy to give me my boarding passes.

Still had that coveted "A" on 'em, too! :) So, now I know---don't waste your own printer paper and ink. :rolleyes:

Southwest accounts for about 70% of our service here in ABQ. We've always had great rates to many places! We are using two of our award tickets to get to our winter cruises in FLL. We can fly non stop to Orlando or Tampa, and then a short flight down to FLL.

I think the repeal of the Wright Amendment might kill our "golden goose" here in ABQ. Most westbound flights out of Dallas stop here and then they re-number the flight and it continues west to LAS, LAX, OAK, SAN, SEA, PDX..., We fly SWA 6 -- 8 times each year.

We LUV southwest!!:)

Kel

Southwest accounts for about 70% of our service here in ABQ. We've always had great rates to many places! We are using two of our award tickets to get to our winter cruises in FLL. We can fly non stop to Orlando or Tampa, and then a short flight down to FLL.

I think the repeal of the Wright Amendment might kill our "golden goose" here in ABQ. Most westbound flights out of Dallas stop here and then they re-number the flight and it continues west to LAS, LAX, OAK, SAN, SEA, PDX..., We fly SWA 6 -- 8 times each year.

Kel

you are so right about us here in Albuquerque using SWest. Although I usually fly AA (kids work for them) SW does offer us many more options. I can't say I love SW, but it does have it's advantages.

NMNita

All of us who love SW so much should get busy donating jars of peanut butter to food banks. They have a link on their website asking us to "spread the luv" on SW's 35th anniversary:) .

Kelmac, I agree ... their award system is awesome. It's the only airline I've ever been able to get free flights.

you are so right about us here in Albuquerque using SWest. Although I usually fly AA (kids work for them) SW does offer us many more options. I can't say I love SW, but it does have it's advantages.

NMNita

Hi Nita,

Actually, we fly American about as much as we fly SWA. Lauren just used her AA credits for a free flight to FLL for our spring break cruise on the Maasdam. I used my Celebrity American Express card points for my flight on the same cruise. Used to use Delta a lot, but their service out of ABQ is fading away.

You guys getting any rain down there in the "hub city"?:)

Kel

Ok .. one other thing .. When we want to cruise in Europe we look at that long flight and cringe.

So we take a SWA flight (usually on Rapid Rewards tickets) to the East Coast and spend the night .. then we fly out the next day to Europe. Repeat the this on the way home. Yes it adds a day at each end but it is so much easier than flying Direct from Portland Oregon to Europe.

We usually fly into RI and then take the 1/2 hour train ride to Boston since that is usually the cheapest airport to fly out of to Europe.

Now if they would only find us a stop between Vancouver and Japan I would be really happy :)

Hi Nita,

Actually, we fly American about as much as we fly SWA. Lauren just used her AA credits for a free flight to FLL for our spring break cruise on the Maasdam. I used my Celebrity American Express card points for my flight on the same cruise. Used to use Delta a lot, but their service out of ABQ is fading away.

You guys getting any rain down there in the "hub city"?:)

Kel

well, we did get quite a bit like you did Monday and Tues, but it seems most of the time it hits you and moves onto to Socorro leaving us high and dry. LOL. Our younger daughter is giving us frequent flyer miles on either AA or Delta for our Novemeber cruise: we draw names at Christmas: I do the drawing, just happens they got our names. Now I wonder how that happened? We may fly AA to Dallas and then Delta to FLL.

NMNita

Ok .. one other thing .. When we want to cruise in Europe we look at that long flight and cringe.

So we take a SWA flight (usually on Rapid Rewards tickets) to the East Coast and spend the night .. then we fly out the next day to Europe. Repeat the this on the way home. Yes it adds a day at each end but it is so much easier than flying Direct from Portland Oregon to Europe.

We usually fly into RI and then take the 1/2 hour train ride to Boston since that is usually the cheapest airport to fly out of to Europe.

Now if they would only find us a stop between Vancouver and Japan I would be really happy :)

I agree KLLund! That's the only way to go! Last time we spend two nights in NYC, and had a great time before heading east to catch a ship in Barcelona. You can even get some early morning flights and be in London early that evening. That overnight flight gets old.:rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Kel

Kel

You're probably not out of luck. The current local solution proposed to Congress does not allow non-stop out of Dallas, just through ticketing to non-contiguous states. ABQ might be the recepient of even MORE LUV flights going west if it passes. Dallas passengers would be able to buy one ticket to say, Los Angeles or Florida, and would not have to get off, wait through a flight, and re-check their bags. YEA! The flights, however, would still have to stop in a contiguous state-like New Mexico.

Did that make any sense?

Beth

You're probably not out of luck. The current local solution proposed to Congress does not allow non-stop out of Dallas, just through ticketing to non-contiguous states. ABQ might be the recepient of even MORE LUV flights going west if it passes. Dallas passengers would be able to buy one ticket to say, Los Angeles or Florida, and would not have to get off, wait through a flight, and re-check their bags. YEA! The flights, however, would still have to stop in a contiguous state-like New Mexico.

Did that make any sense?

Beth

Beth,

Makes total sense. Just so people know, this only applies to flights leaving out of Dallas Love Field. Out of DFW, southwest can fly anywhere they want. If American wants to fly out of Love Field they would have to follow the same rules and stop in a contiguous state.

Enjoy!

Kel

Archived