Advice for 20th Anniversary Sailing

lardan

Hola;

My wife and I are going on the Zaandam for our 20th Anniversary next month. All she knows is we are going to be in Seattle for a day then going on an Alaskan cruise.

I have first class air tickets, limos taking us to the airport both ways, a planned double decker trip in Seattle, Verandah Suite, and I purchased the "Renewal of Vows" package onboard, 2 nights in the Pinnacle Grill, plus have 3 excursions planned.

I want to make this special in every way; can anyone offer advice on other things I can do to surprise her??

I appreciate the advice.

You seemed to have everything well covered. You might mention to your TA that you are celebrating your 20th and they will arrange to have a cake brough to your table and sing to you. We get such a kick out of "Happy Bersary lubbly couple". It's fun.

GN

WOW, seems like you have thought of just about everything. You don't happen to have a single brother do you?????

Your wife is very lucky to have such a thoughtful husband. Enjoy your cruise as I know you both will.

You seemed to have everything well covered. You might mention to your TA that you are celebrating your 20th and they will arrange to have a cake brough to your table and sing to you. We get such a kick out of "Happy Bersary lubbly couple". It's fun.

GN

Taken care of. My travel agent is my sister-in-law. Thanks.

The only thing I would add is a dozen red roses. HAL's prices are very reasonable. I would arrange to have them in the room upon your arrival.

Alaska in a suite sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your 20th anniversary!

Marie

The only thing I would add is a dozen red roses. HAL's prices are very reasonable. I would arrange to have them in the room upon your arrival.

Alaska in a suite sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your 20th anniversary!

The flowers are covered in the renewal of vows package. I have never looked more forward to a vacation, and have never had more fun planning a trip.

We get such a kick out of "Happy Bersary lubbly couple".
Ah, yes. I can hear it now! This is one of the things that let me know I'm back "home" on a dam ship. Thanks for bringing a smile to my heart, GN.

Oh yes! Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for sailaway. I "think" the suites come with champagne.

Marie

Well, we're not big drinkers, but the chocolate covered strawberries could be a hit!!!

Thanks.

Chocolate, absolutely, yes. I believe you can order a mug filled with chocolates. That would be delightful to receive. ;)

Happy anniversay, and have a grand time on your cruise. :)

This might be too personal but how about a new penoir set (elegant nightgown with matching robe)? One that she could wear on the balcony during breakfast or when the room service guy comes in; and feel beautiful. Remember that room service is 24 hours a day.

AND Happy Aniversary! We celebrated our 20th on the Zuiderdam last April. We very much enjoyed the renewal package. During the renewal my husband presetned me with a new (larger) wedding set, which was VERY special but my suggestion on the renewal is: Be the first couple! Jump right up. Then the vows are fresh and new. Not like after watching other couples "renew" and then you have your turn...

This might be too personal but how about a new penoir set (elegant nightgown with matching robe)? One that she could wear on the balcony during breakfast or when the room service guy comes in; and feel beautiful. Remember that room service is 24 hours a day.

AND Happy Aniversary! We celebrated our 20th on the Zuiderdam last April. We very much enjoyed the renewal package. During the renewal my husband presetned me with a new (larger) wedding set, which was VERY special but my suggestion on the renewal is: Be the first couple! Jump right up. Then the vows are fresh and new. Not like after watching other couples "renew" and then you have your turn...

Thanks for the advice cathryn. I will definitely have to give the penoir set a thought :))) We already exchanged gifts, as I had a very rough couple of months and she thought my gift would cheer me up (it did), and so I have her hers early also.

Looking forward to my trip.

My gosh what a guy!! We're celebrating our 20th next year and planning Alaska too. You'll have to let us know how it goes (as far as the cruises "Renewal of Vows") and other ship specialties that they have for you.

Have the best of time!!!!!!!!

It sounds like....with the groundwork you are laying.....you are bound to have a happy 30th, 40th, and 50th wedding anniversary, too. It is a pleasure to read this thread. We can hear you smiling and getting all excited just thinking about how pleased your wife will be....and we are all pleased for her.

I hope this is a wonderful trip for you both and congratulations on your anniversary.

You should also check out that thread about ordering gifts to be delivered to your room...2 nice robes with your monograms embroidered on them would be lovely! Take a look at this link. . .

http://www.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/onboard/Gift_Order_Polar.pdf

Happy Annivarsary! I can only IMAGINE how much effort goes into 20 years! And you seem so happy. My DH and I are just making 2 soon :p

You can pick-up incredible and inexpensive flowers packed to go at Pike's Market.

Do not pass the opportunity for the crew to sing to you. The "lubly couple" thing will stay with you forever.

BTW, you sound like a terrific husband and friend.

Archived