Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

Your answer was fantastic....it really helps me out a lot. Since I've never been to Coz before, this is just the kind of info I need. It may be the only time I ever go there, and I want to see as much as possible.

I look forward to Los Cinco Soles.....I do NOT like to bargain! Again, THANK YOU so much for all the info!!:D

Your welcome:)

By the way Los Cinco soles offers free samples of Tequilas that you might want to buy. Before you do that go and have a margarettia (sp) at "Ponchos" to get you in the mood. You must try "Ponchos", Trust Me:).

Have fun

Last August we took a private snorkel tour through Rosi with Mystic Snorkel. It was very economical and worth every penny. It was just my husband and I and "the kids" (18 and 21) but Rosi watched my kids like they really were kids! She let them have fun but never took her eye off of them. Call me over protective, but THAT was a great comfort to me! After snorkeling at 3 reefs, she and her captain dropped us off at Paradise Beach for more fun! Took at taxi back to the ship...no worries! Mystic Snorkel and Paraside Beach was truly a perfect day.

crooz1,

Plenty of time to do both PB & downtown.

When I was in coz last March, I went to PBfor a few hours of relaxation, had lunch there, then a massage, took a short nap in one of their hammocks, then took a taxi back into town and did some shopping. Never felt the least bit rushed.

Tip: Paradise Beach is only about a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the downtown pier.

Have fun!

Annie

Based on the info you and johnlcruise provided, I'm going to plan to visit both areas. Probably wouldn't have tried to do both if I had not read your replies. These message boards are such a great source for finding out things.

Now if y'all can just keep the hurricanes away..........:eek::D

I am looking forward to Paradise Beach as much as I am looking forward to our cruise. My first time there was in June 2005. Shortly afterwards, the hurricane hit. My heart sank. I was glad to hear that Paradise is back. It was such a relaxing and fun time. The food and service were excellent. My sister and I tipped our server extra because he deserved it. We never had to go looking for him. He was always there to get us what we needed. I did not know about Tom last time but I hope he is there when I go back. I want him to know how much I enjoy Paradise Beach and that I have been telling everyone about it.

How early can we enter Paradise Beach? We are going on the Freedom and its in port from 7-4 ship time. Thats 6-3 Cozumel time right? I don't see myself at the beach at 7 in the morning. Shops arent even open yet. What time does Paradise Beach open?

My cruise is next week and I've got it narrowed down to these two beaches. I know all the great things people say about Paradise Beach, but I'm worried it might be a little crowded. Does anyone think that Mr Sanchos might be a little less so? They seem to have the same things to do..

We haven't been to Mr. Sancho's but we did go to Paradise beach and while there were a lot of people there, we never felt crowded. We were also looking at Mr. Sancho's for next year so I am interested in the response this gets.

Misty

I've read several mentions of massages. Are those out on the beach or in a building? Can someone give me an approximate price? Do you have to somehow schedule it? Any help you can give me with this is greatly appreciated!

I've read that they're $1 per minute....When we were there in March, it looked like they were doing them under a canopy/tent type of structure. Not out in the open but still on the beach. I'll let you know...I'm pretty sure we're going to book one next week :)

We have been to Mr. Sanchos on both our previous cruises and love it! We had thought about trying a new beach but are leaning toward Mr. Sanchos again. On our last cruise, Katrina had the beaches in bad shape but still enjoyed out time here. Nice, quiet and all the things I need traveling without children.

I was just there on the 4th. The massages were on the beach but in a tent area. Open on one side. They were $1/per minute with a minimum of 20 minutes. That may be flexible but would be something to ask. I didn't see anyone get a massage that day and I was there between noonish and 4:00pm. It was less crowded earlier in the day. But didn't feel overly crowded. I enjoyed it but wished the weather would have been slightly nicer. ;) Hope this helps!

Been to both Mr. Sanchos & Paradise Beach & liked them both. I have read on cc that Mr. Sanchos lost most of its beach with Wilma. Does anyone know if the beach has been replaced? Went to Paradise Beach after Wilma & it was great. They didn't lose their beach.

Can't decide which one to go! For non-swimmers who has done shallow water snorkeling before...which place offers the best snorkeling?

Anyone has comment/feedback on clear kayak tour on Playa Uvas...

Many thanks!

Can't decide which one to go! For non-swimmers who has done shallow water snorkeling before...which place offers the best snorkeling?

Many thanks!

Go to Uvas. Paradise is a wonderful, but snorkeling is poor. Sandy bottom, no coral, no fish.

Kayak is fun, but overrated. Snorkel, snorkel, snorkel.

Many thanks!

We spent the day at Playa Uvas and my girls (20 and 11) did the clear kayak tour and really enjoyed it. We snorkeled for about an hour, it was okay but not great. We didn't go down the beach to where they take the snorkeling tours...just right there at Uvas in front of the lounge chairs. We actually did see quite a few fish.

Uvas is great beach club if you want a relaxing day without crowds and great customer service. There are no water toys there like I've heard they have a Paradise Beach. There are a couple of vendors there, both of whom sell jewelry. One is a fused glass artist from Argentina (I purchased several pieces for myself and for gifts and they're really lovely) and the other has necklaces--shark's teeth, beaded, glass, and some pendants that are carved from sharks' jaws. I bought a couple of pieces from him as well!

If you go to Uvas, be sure to have a massage! Luz is wonderful and she'll give you a five-minute sample for free. I had a 30-minute massage for only $35, and it was great!

I posted a small selection of the photos we took on our cruise and there are a few of Uvas. If you'd like to see them, visit http://www.photobucket.com and search for jaynemay.

Have a wonderful time.

Jayne

:)

I had narrowed down my beach in Cozumel to Paradise Beach, but then I read several threads on Passion Island. Anyone been to both? Any insight in choosing one? We are looking for a relaxing day at the beach with good food and drinks and a beautifull view (we are leaving the kids at home this time). Is Passion Island booked on an excursion through RCCL or can I do on my own. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Lori

Enchantment 9/11

Archived