Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

We were just at Paradise beach on Thursday! It is great! They have clean showers, bathrooms, lounge chairs with umbrellas, small tables by your chair, food, drinks even a little shopping. Food and drinks are delivered to you at your lounge chair! I found a beach chair and placed it in the water and had my drink there. Heaven!!:)

Canon fodder,

As far as leaving your suit on for a massage or disrobing, I think it can be your choice as there are changing rooms located only a few steps away from the massage tables. If your wife is concerned about "privacy", tell her not to worry. The massage tables are located inside a white tent with the only side open facing the ocean.

For what it's worth, I left my 2 piece bathing suit on, and when the massuse was ready to start the massage, she simply unhooked my top and slid the shoulder straps off to the sides.

I think As long as the masuse has complete access to your entire back, shoulders & legs I think she can do what she needs to do. By all means don't do anything that's going to make you feel uncomfortable, as this is a TOTALLY relaxing experience:-)

A word of advise: Make sure to hop into the shower (located in the changing rooms) before you start your massage to remove any sand from the beach or salt from the ocean. And make sure you have a comb or brush with you to make yourself "presentable" again after the service as part of the massage also includes the head. (which feels WONDERFUL, but can leave you looking a mess). (they do provide a mirror).

Have fun at PB and enjoy your massage.

Annie

PB's website says it "departs daily". Further down the page it says "departs Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday at 12:30 p.m. Questions:

1) Does the boat NOT run on Wednesdays? We will be there Wednesday, Nov. 29th.

2) How long is the trip - i.e. what time does the boat return to the beach?

3) Our ship (Miracle) will be in port until 6 p.m. Is "ship's time" the same as "local time"? i.e. Is 12:30 p.m. on shore the same as 12:30 p.m. on the ship?

Thanks!

Does anyone know the cost of renting a jet ski on Paradise Beach? Also, can 2 people ride or just one? Thanks!
\

The waverunners cost $55 for a half hour. They seat two. You're supposed to be 18 to drive, but it was my 16 year old son who was most interested and they let him drive with me on the back. It was LOTS of fun!

Also, my wife was wondering do you leave your bathing suit on for the massage on the beach? Do they slip a towel over you and you 'disrobe'?

She would want the relaxing Swedish massage...

I did the massage. The tent is not open on the water side; it's open toward all the lounge chairs (or was when I was there). She had me lie face down and she pulled the swimsuit straps down my arms and off, but that was all the disrobing necessary. And, there was another massage table in the same tent - there was a guy getting a massage at the same time as me. Also, showering off first is a really good idea - that massage oil mixed with sand would feel icky.

Paradise Beach was a great day for me and my kids DD 10 ( on the day we visited) and DS 8.

Thank you Tom for odering the Bday cakes. My DD has the best Bday ever. We all had a wonderful time at Paradise Beach. We would definitely come back and would love to meet you.

Your staffs were great in all the services we got. "Oso" was very helpful and attentive. The foods were excellent. We would highly recommend Paradise Beach.

180 View from the Trampoline

ParadiseBeach2.jpg

180 View from the Dock

ParadiseBeach.jpg

Hair Braid $15 plus tip

P8180252.jpg

We were at PB on 8/17 off the Carnival Inspiration. Next door, at SFB, they had no water toys. Last year, they had the trampoline and iceberg that PB has, but they had neither last week. They also had very few people last week at SFB, too.

I would be mad if I expected some water toys, and paid for an inclusive excursion, only to find the neighbors on the beach had more toys for only $8 a person! Just an FYI...have fun whatever you do!

We were at PB on 8/17 off the Carnival Inspiration---what an awesome day!!

Our group of 27 showed up in pieces, and got lounge chairs in Crecencio's section. I know I'm butchering the poor guy's name, but he was GREAT! The food and drink service was great, and the total bill wasn't painful!

Nobody in our group has been to Cozumel before except us and my 76 yo parents. They loved what they saw of the island, and felt safe everywhere they went. Some of my nephews snorkeled at PB for hours, while the rest of them climbed the iceberg repeatedly (26 times for my 12 yo DD!). Our group ranged from 76 yo parents to 6 yo twins, and everybody was thrilled with PB!

New addition since last year: 3 tethered and anchored large round rafts to relax and lay on. Using the body floats, we had about 15 of us on and around those things, relaxing and enjoying the day.

Missing since last year: The devastation they've suffered is heartbreaking on that island. I missed the big palm trees with the hammocks in them. My family, seeing PB through fresh eyes, was stunned by the natural beauty mixed with modern conveniences.

Missed seeing Tom---hope he's having a great vacation. They were working hard in his absence, that's for sure!!!

My brother slid down wearing his sunglasses, and (obviously) lost them. His daughter got a mask and dove for them. She said it was between 12 and 15 feet, and, yes, the water was clear enough that she found them!!!

I went to Paradise Beach last Jan., 2006, I loved it!! You do have to pay for food and drinks seperately, but it was a very nice place!!

This Jan., 2007 we will be coming back, I too am tossing both beaches around and this is what I have some what decided to do.....

Buy the all inclusive package of food and drinks from SFB,

and book excursions through PB, they now offer alot of new things, like cata. snorkel trip, parasailing, and a couple others!!

Last year I was wondering around PB and ended up on SFB so they really are only 10feet apart!!! I loved PB and really want to go back but I am doing a girl's only cruise so I really feel I can drink $40+ all afternoon!!!

Good luck chosing!!!

wow so you really do have a workout getting there, up the berg and back to standing room....i think i may try anyway and see how it goes, looks like a lot of fun, im definetely sold on this beach now if 54 days could pass really quick!!!..LOL

That freakin' iceburg is very deceiving! Looks easy....not so much! Good luck trying it, though.

From what I have read, there will be four ship in Cozumel the day we are there. It appears that we will be the LAST ship getting there, and since we are tendering, the process of leaving the ship will take even longer.

Okay here's my PB question. What are the chances that we will find four empty loungers and an umbrella at PB by the time we can get there? We plan to shop too, but wanted to do PB first.

Whadda ya think?

That freakin' iceburg is very deceiving! Looks easy....not so much! Good luck trying it, though.

From what I have read, there will be four ship in Cozumel the day we are there. It appears that we will be the LAST ship getting there, and since we are tendering, the process of leaving the ship will take even longer.

Okay here's my PB question. What are the chances that we will find four empty loungers and an umbrella at PB by the time we can get there? We plan to shop too, but wanted to do PB first.

Whadda ya think?

We got there around 1PM and the wait staff setup loungers and umbrellas for our group. No worry. People left to shop also. There were plenty of chairs and umbrellas that I saw when I was there.

We just returned from a day in Cozumel and did a snorkel/scuba trip with Alison on the Palancar reef and then they dropped us off at the Playa Palancar beach club. Both parts of our day were incredible and the taxi back to the ship was about $20. The food at Playa Palancar was great, the margaritas were fantastic, and the water was beautiful.

We were at PB on 8/17 off the Carnival Inspiration. Next door, at SFB, they had no water toys. Last year, they had the trampoline and iceberg that PB has, but they had neither last week. They also had very few people last week at SFB, too.

I would be mad if I expected some water toys, and paid for an inclusive excursion, only to find the neighbors on the beach had more toys for only $8 a person! Just an FYI...have fun whatever you do!

Patti! We were there too, the same day! Not crowded at all! It was beautiful! How did your family like the cruise? Our 16 year olds had a blast! They joined the teen club and met a lot of great kids. It was a birthday they won't forget!:)

Hi Katie!!! I was wondering about you!!! What table were you at for dinner? I think you may have been behind us!?!?!? We were in the Mardi Gras room main seating, tables 106, 108, 130 & 132. We were unbelievably loud, so you might remember us!!!

Had a fabulous time---how about you???

Ask the girls if they met Hunter, Travis, John or Ronnie.

Also interested between choosing Play Mia or Paradise beach, both have a pool, right, and if so, which is the bigger and/or better pool?

Would imagine the beach area would be the same, what would be less crowded and closer to the pier (we'll be tendering in from the FOS)

Finally, which is the closet taxi wise to some ruins, which ruins would those be, and are there any ruins nearby that are free and we could do a quick visit via taxi?

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

We just had another visit to PB the first week of Aug. It was probably our 7th visit. The entrance is beautiful they have really landscaped it nice. PB is just a great place! The food is great, drinks even better and the water is beautiful. Goose and Chicken Little, at the bar, treat us like family. Every time we go to Cozumel we think about doing something different, but we just can't think of anywhere we can have as much fun. The funny thing is they have the Best Mac & Cheese and I haven't seen anyone mention it. Marie and Dave

Hi Katie!!! I was wondering about you!!! What table were you at for dinner? I think you may have been behind us!?!?!? We were in the Mardi Gras room main seating, tables 106, 108, 130 & 132. We were unbelievably loud, so you might remember us!!!

Had a fabulous time---how about you???

Ask the girls if they met Hunter, Travis, John or Ronnie.

We were in the Mardi Gras room at the early seating at table 211. We all had a great time! I'll ask my daughter about the names, but I don't think they are the same group of guys they made friends with.

We will be taking the next wave of 16 years old girls on a cruise in about 3 years! I think the older girls will be coming back with us. (Only, they will be paying for themselves) Cruising with girls can get pretty expensive! LOL!! :)

Archived