Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Two

CoachTerry14

geri,

Paradise Beach uses only 100% filtered water to prepare their food & drinks.

If you do a google search for Paradise Beach in Cozumel you'll find their website. I believe it states on the site about using only purified water.

I had 1 or 2 (maybe 3) cocktails made with ice at PB and had no problems with any "ill-after-effects".

That's something you really don't have to worry about at Paradise Beach.

Suggestion: Try one of their Pina' Coladas made with Bicardi rum, served in a pineapple shell garnished with fresh fruit. They're DELICIOUS!!

Go, eat, drink, be merry, and have FUN!!

Annie

I just thought I would pop over here and see what the gang is up to. I haven't visited the site in a while as I'm in the process of planning an Alaskan cruise in 2007.

We had such a WONDERFUL time at PB when we visted last year. I would do it again in a heartbeat if we get the chance. No cruise in the cards for us this year unless we get a really great special.

Can anyone tell me how old the kids have to be to ride and/or drive the jet skis???

We will be coming to Paradise Beach in September and my son is looking forward to this excursion the most. He can't wait to get on that trampoline and ice berg. :)

Thanks.

They say you have to be 18 to drive the waverunners, but I think they just prefer that -- it was my 16 year old son who really wanted to do this, and they looked him up and down and said okay as long as I was riding behind him. It was GREAT fun, I'm glad we got to do that. Then they didn't have a problem with me switching off and letting my 12 year old ride along with his brother.

This is my first time is Cozumel and I am wondering which is best to do, go on the adventures through the Mayan ruins and jungles or to relax and enjoy the beach at Paradise Beach. I would like to do both but I can't so I need to know which one is better to do. Thanks :)

My vote is for PB. For ME, the ruins get boring really quick. And it's REALLY hot and humid and LOTS of walking (the tour I've done anyway). I think the ruins are more interesting to people who are just really into ancient history and archeology and that's not me. Paradise Beach, OTOH, was a BLAST. Great bar drinks and food, excellent chair-side service, a terrific massage, beautiful water and fun climbing/jumping toys. We loved it there.

We will be in Cozumel in Oct. Last time we were there (2002) we just walked around and shopped.

This time I want to book something else to do and I have searched these boards and get mixed messages and need help making up my mind.

Which is better, Paradise Beach or San Francisco Beach? We will be eating, drinking and maybe some first time snorkeling.

What is the price of Paradise Beach?

What is the price of San Francisco Beach?

Is it better to go wing it without making a excursion booking at these two places?

Thanks,

Grannygirl,

You can definitely go to either of these beaches on your own. No need to book an excursion.

Paradise Beach has an EXCELLENT restaurant for lunch and/or snacks, and a full bar that serves EXCELLENT tropical & non-tropical drinks. There is no entrance fee to the beach and they provide very comfortable chaise lounge chairs with or without an umbrella for shade.

There are also beach massages available ($1USD per minute), henna tatoos, and some fun water toys. Use of the water trampoline, climbing iceburg wall, and floating mats requires the purchase of a wristband (I"think" $8 for the day) .

There are clean restrooms & showers available for your use. When you're ready to return to your ship, there are taxis readily available at the main entrance.

The grounds at Paradise Beach are very well maintained, and you will truely feel like you're in "Paradise".

BTW . . . you can litterally walk from PB onto SF beach. So you'll be able to experience both if you'd like to.

Enjoy your day!

Annie

The 1st time we were in Coz., we shopped in town and ate at Poncho's Backyard (very enjoyable...great margauritas). The 2nd visit we rented a jeep and toured the island stopping a the free beaches and such. We literaly walked from San Fransico Beach to Paridise Beach and enjoyed each of them for different reasons. What ever you choose you can't go wrong! We will be there again Sept....not sure about this trip; maybe try a different beach.:confused: I'm sure it will be GREAT whatever we decide.;)

Have Fun!:D :D

San Francisco beach break includes your food and all your drinks. That's why it's $40 per person. PB everything will cost you. Look at the menu on their web site and you will see how fast $40 will go. It was a real bargain for San Francisco beach day.

:cool: Can anyone give me info on Paridise Beach on Cozumel...

including:

how do you get there?

what's on the beach?

how far is it from the royal carribean (enchantment ots) pier?

and most of all, worth visiting?

i've been to the Corona Beach (forget the name of the island) and Playa del Mar beach (with the water toys), comparisons?

thanks!

This all-inclusive resort sounds good, I have emailed them for the name and location of the resort. I will report when and if I get an answer.

Anybody have any actual experience with this place?

Watercrazz,

PB is DEFINITELY worth taking the time to go to.

I'm not exactly sure where the enchanment of the seas will dock, but can tell you it is only about a 15-20 minute taxi ride from where the Carnival ships dock near downtown Coz.

Paradise Beach is one of my favorite beaches in the carib. Entrance to the beach is free, and they provide you with very comfy lounge chairs (with or without an umbrella). They have a EXCELLENT restaurant & bar that serves great food &drinks. There are beach massages available as well as hammocks beneath a swaying palm to relax in should you feel the need for a short nap.

For a small fee (Ithink $8USD) you can purchase a wristband which will give you use of all their water toys for the day (floating trampoline, iceburgclimbing wall, floating mats, etc). They also have clean restrooms& showers for your convenience, and taxis are readily available at the main entrance when your ready to return to your ship.

Enjoy!

Annie

Taxi to Paradise Beach is $14 one way for the taxi. So round trip transportation will cost you $28. We don't do the water toys (our youngest just plays in the sand) so our only expense is what we eat and drink. It is a great deal!!

If Holiday is scheduled to be in port from 7 a.m.-5.p.m., would it be possible to go to Paradise Beach for awhile and then to downtown (Los Cinco Soles area) for shopping without being too rushed? We don't plan to swim, etc., at PB...this is first time in Cozumel and would like to just walk/sit around beach area for a little while, then go on downtown. With time being used for tendering, I don't know how long there actually is to "explore."

And does anyone know how much it would cost for 2 people to take a taxi 1) from Holiday location to PB, 2) then from PB to downtown, then 3) from downtown back to Holiday tender location?

Thanks for any input/suggestions!!:)

Hi,

I'm new to this board and leaving for our cruise (DCL Magic) on Friday, 8/19. We were going to do the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel (did it once on our cruise 2 yrs. ago) but got scared off from post-Wilma comments. We have decided to do one of the beaches and are also deciding between SFB and PB. We have 2 daughters, 8 & 11 who will definitely take advantage of the water toys. When it comes down to the food and drinks, are they equally as good at both beaches or are the drinks "watered down" a bit at SFB since there is an open bar included in the $40 price. (By the way, are the pina coladas and margaritas the frozen kind for that price?).

Thanks for any help you can give. Both beaches sound great, we just don't know whether to pay the $40/adult $20/child at SFB or stay at PB.

Michele

If Holiday is scheduled to be in port from 7 a.m.-5.p.m., would it be possible to go to Paradise Beach for awhile and then to downtown (Los Cinco Soles area) for shopping without being too rushed? We don't plan to swim, etc., at PB...this is first time in Cozumel and would like to just walk/sit around beach area for a little while, then go on downtown. With time being used for tendering, I don't know how long there actually is to "explore."

And does anyone know how much it would cost for 2 people to take a taxi 1) from Holiday location to PB, 2) then from PB to downtown, then 3) from downtown back to Holiday tender location?

Thanks for any input/suggestions!!:)

In April we got to Paradise Beach at 10AM had a great A.M. there but by 1PM we where ready to move on.

Cabs are right there at Paradise Beach waiting for you. We took one into town for about $6.00 perperson. About a 15 min drive. Had a great afternoon walking around town shopping and whatever. And we where back on the ship by 4:30PM with time to spair.

Cabs depending on where you are can be any where from $5.00 to $8.00 perperson. It just depands on where you are on the island and where in town you are being pick-up and dropped off at. When you get off the ship you will see signs by the taxi stand telling you how much it is to each location.

By the way if you do buy something and you do use a crddit card. Dont belive them when they try to tack on an extra $$ saying its for the tax's.

there is NO tax's on Cozumel..He was just trying to make it up for the service charge that he would have to pay on the credit card.

I was with a friend, there first time. (I come to Cozumel and dive for a week every year). I told them to just walk out of the store. The owner came after us asking why we left I told him he way lying to my friends about the tax..

We went back to the store and boy did we get a good deal. Remember you must deal with them for the best price. Walk away if you feel you are not getting a good price. If they really want to sell it, they will get you back into the store and you will walk out with the price you want.

By the way Los Conco Soles is a great store to shop in. There prices are set. That way you wont have to bargin with them and the prices are very good. So if you dont like to bargin go there for your shopping. They have a excellent selection of just about anything you might want to buy.

And while you are there go to "Poncho's Backyard" for a drink. It's right next to Los Conco Soles store. :)

Have fun. Cozumel is a fun island. and the people are great there.

We will be there in October from 8-7, I'm looking at these two beaches. We will be there without the kids. My husband likes the idea of the ATV tours at Mr. Sanchos, I like the idea of the snorkeling tour at PB. There are 3 ships in port that day, will we be battling crowds?

Your answer was fantastic....it really helps me out a lot. Since I've never been to Coz before, this is just the kind of info I need. It may be the only time I ever go there, and I want to see as much as possible.

I look forward to Los Cinco Soles.....I do NOT like to bargain! Again, THANK YOU so much for all the info!!:D

Archived