Food voucher?? Does RCI have them?

We are going to Bermuda leaving Philly 8/5/06. We are going to be on the Empress of the Seas. Does anyone know if the ship gives food vouchers for on shore dining?? We have two excersions in one day and have about 2 hours slotted for lunch between them. One excersion is booked through the cruise line and the other was booked directly.

Does RCI Empress of the Seas give food vouchers for on shore dining??

I thought I read something about a $15 voucher but I can't remember where I read about it.

I also saw that Norwegian Cruise Line ofers a $25 Bermuda Freestyle Dining Ashore voucher. How about RCI?? anyone have info?

I have never heard or read about food vouchers on RCI. Some longer excursions include food service. This is clearly described in the excursion description.

I suspect if NCL "gives" an onshore food voucher, it is built into their charges somewhere... there ain't no "free" ride... IMHO

Have fun on the Empress.

LL

:rolleyes: I haven't cruised on RCCL yet...will in Sept. But I have on Carnival..and they didn't have any food vouchers either.

What I would suggest is ask your steward to bring you a 'picnic' lunch and then you can take it with you to port. You can take one of those folding/collapsible/insulated ice chest and pack your lunch in there to take to port. We did this once when we did two excursions almost back to back and didn't have much time to go and find a place to eat and wait for food to be served while at port. We had our nice packed lunch (sandwiches, fruit, etc) and ate it in route to the next excursion meeting place. Made life a lot simpler! LOL. At least then..you will have some food while touring around port.

:o Happy Cruising!:o

If you're on a ship sponsored excursion and it includes lunch or a snack, it will state that in the description. There are no vouchers for it, however. It's simply included in the excursion. As far as taking a "picnic lunch" off the ship, not all ports will allow that, so be careful! Fruits, meats, etc... are not usually allowed off the ship, or from 1 country to the next.

Gee, here is another service I have missed after several RCI cruises...this is a Royal Caribbean thread?

We usually see a sign posted at the gangway which states no food to be taken off the ship. I don't see how a picnic lunch fits into that picture.

LL

^ ^ Absolutely agreed. I know this has already been discussed to death, but taking food off the ship is not allowed under any circumstances. There are signs everywhere - it's not to be done.

monakayk, you've done something that some us us have never done before.... and I don't know how ya pulled it off! (no offense!)

;) ;) ;)

^ ^ Absolutely agreed. I know this has already been discussed to death, but taking food off the ship is not allowed under any circumstances. There are signs everywhere - it's not to be done.

monakayk, you've done something that some us us have never done before.... and I don't know how ya pulled it off! (no offense!)

;) ;) ;)

I agree with Langley Cruisers. It is not allowed.

I haven't cruised on RCCL yet...will in Sept. But I have on Carnival..and they didn't have any food vouchers either.

What I would suggest is ask your steward to bring you a 'picnic' lunch and then you can take it with you to port. You can take one of those folding/collapsible/insulated ice chest and pack your lunch in there to take to port. We did this once when we did two excursions almost back to back and didn't have much time to go and find a place to eat and wait for food to be served while at port. We had our nice packed lunch (sandwiches, fruit, etc) and ate it in route to the next excursion meeting place. Made life a lot simpler! LOL. At least then..you will have some food while touring around port.

Happy Cruising!

Please tell us.

How did your Steward, get you a lunch?? Pillows, blankets, robes.

But lunch?

there are signs everywhere about not taking food from the ship.

$13 for fish and chips at the street fare .

hamburger lunch for 2 in Hamilton $60.

It's really expensive there. so have fun but don't leave the ship

without Visa.

Expense aside you're gonna love the trip.

We are going to Bermuda leaving Philly 8/5/06. We are going to be on the Empress of the Seas. Does anyone know if the ship gives food vouchers for on shore dining?? We have two excersions in one day and have about 2 hours slotted for lunch between them. One excersion is booked through the cruise line and the other was booked directly.

Does RCI Empress of the Seas give food vouchers for on shore dining??

I thought I read something about a $15 voucher but I can't remember where I read about it.

I also saw that Norwegian Cruise Line ofers a $25 Bermuda Freestyle Dining Ashore voucher. How about RCI?? anyone have info?

Your shore excursion will drop you off back at the ship, right? So, it's actally more convenient to have lunch on board during that 2 hours. Go up to the 'Jammer and have a nice buffet lunch. And, considering that you're visiting Bermuda in August, you might even have time for a shower. It's gonna be hot!!

Have fun.....loooooooved Bermuda.

Archived