Some help and answers from a Barceloner

Hi cruisers!

For MAVISMARIE:

mess schedule at Sta Anna: 20h. on Saturday

10:30 on Sunday in Gregorian Liturgie

12 and 13h

For HYACINTH:

Thank you for your offer, coming from travellers it will be very useful.

I'm just starting with plans. I wanted to go east from Montreal to Tadoussac or even Percé. I have 8-9 days. Perhaps also west to Toronto and Niagara falls, but i just can't imagine how crowded it can be.

For every GOURMET in BCN: be careful with restaurants reservations. I was tonight to CASA LEOPOLDO and there wasn't any table free. We went then to MERENDERO DE LA MARI and had to wait for more than a half an hour.

Its Tuesday, no fair held in town, no cruise season... So remember you will have to make reservations if you don't want to have sad surprises.

Hi cruisers!

For MAVISMARIE:

12 and 13h

Bea, thank you very much for your kind assistance. You are so gracious and good to all of us who ask questions. I appreciate this and wish you always the best. :)

Hi cruisers!

For MAVISMARIE:

12 and 13h

For HYACINTH:

Thank you for your offer, coming from travellers it will be very useful.

I'm just starting with plans. I wanted to go east from Montreal to Tadoussac or even Percé. I have 8-9 days. Perhaps also west to Toronto and Niagara falls, but i just can't imagine how crowded it can be.

Wow! Thank you for the Mass times. I was looking for that too!

You surprised me with where you want to visit in Quebec! I know Tadoussac but not Percé. I haven't heard of it except when my children learn of it in school! I am assuming that you want to go whale watching in Tadoussac, or may want to try the ferry to N.B. In any event, when you are firming up your plans, we can touch base through my e-mail address outside of this forum. We can exchange them then. I don't think many travellers go to that side of Quebec.

Niagara is busy at Honeymoon time and summer (June/July/August), but still doable, and lovely. It is a favourite place for us and we often take our Shih Tzu since a few hotels accept pets staying. But when we are driving from here, we have to be acreful because of the traffic going into Niagara.

Can you recommend a non-touristy place where we can see Flemco dancing?

I don't think there's a true flamenco tablao in Barcelona.

But during the summer season last years at Teatre Poliorama or Palau de la música correct flamenco performances have been held. Probably after Easter I should ask for this year program.

BCN Lady and all on this thread may be surprised at my question. I have to ask since my 11 year old is the reason why we decided to spend some time in Barcelona before the cruise. She has watched Cheetah Girls in Barcelona until I am sick of it and she prances around the livingroom singing all the songs, even the ones in Spanish. Does anyone know where they filmed in Barcelona? She wants to be there and experience all the sights in the movie.

Hi Bea,

I've enjoyed all the info you have shared with us. Thanks for all your help. I have two questions for you, and hope you can help me with.

1) Do you know anything about Hotel Bertrán? It is located on

Calle Bertrán 150. How far is this from the nearest Metro station and tourist sights.

2) Do you see any Citibank near the tourist areas? If so, where. I will be arriving into Barcelona after 8pm. I do have a list of bank addresses, but I don't know where any of those streets or locations are at.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Bea,

I've enjoyed all the info you have shared with us. Thanks for all your help. I have two questions for you, and hope you can help me with.

1) Do you know anything about Hotel Bertrán? It is located on

Calle Bertrán 150. How far is this from the nearest Metro station and tourist sights.

2) Do you see any Citibank near the tourist areas? If so, where. I will be arriving into Barcelona after 8pm. I do have a list of bank addresses, but I don't know where any of those streets or locations are at.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hotel Bertran is an aparthotel in a quiet street in the high part of the city.

Do you know its web? http://hotelbertran.com.

25 min from center by FGC Tibidabo satation. Also a bus stop of the touristic bus nearby.

Citibank is located Paseo de Gracia 7, less than 5 min from Plaza Catalunya.

Hi BCN lady,

will be visiting your beautiful city in November for 4 days pre- cruise. My husband is a wheel chair user, and we like to rent electric mobility scooters when we are on vacation. I've tried two companies I found on the internet, and so far no response. Do you know a medical supply company that would deliver the motorized mobility scooter to our hotel? Would appreciate it.

Thanks...............:D

Hi BCN lady,

will be visiting your beautiful city in November for 4 days pre- cruise. My husband is a wheel chair user, and we like to rent electric mobility scooters when we are on vacation. I've tried two companies I found on the internet, and so far no response. Do you know a medical supply company that would deliver the motorized mobility scooter to our hotel? Would appreciate it.

I will try, but let me some time.

Bea

Thanks Bea for responding so quickly. I am grateful for your help. I am planning for my Barcelona trip in May before my cruise, and I can't wait. When you have time, I have a few more questions below.

Also, can I purchase the T-10 ticket from the airport? From the airport to the Ave.Tibidabo metro station, can I use the T-10 ticket or is it a different ticket?

Would you feel safe to travel alone by metro from Catalunya area to the Ave. Tibidabo station after 10pm at night?

Thank you so much.

Does anyone know anything about the Hotel Palace and the restaurant La Fonda? Does anyone know about the Segway tours? Also if you have one afternoon and one morning to see things in Barcelona what would you see. We arrive at 2:45 PM Nov 22, 2007 from the USA and leave on a cruise that departs at 6:00 PM on Nov 23, 2007.

Thanks you for any advice or knowledge.

Koims:)

Hi BCN lady,

After some search, I've found these three. The last to with English version.

If you have no answer by mail, just teell me and I will try by phone.

http://www.serlibre.es

http://www.accessiblebarcelona.com

http://www.cosmoscooter.com

In accesible Barcelona they even offer booking in hotels prepared for disabled people.

Hope it helps

Bea

I'll check out your resources. Thanks so much. I've tried using the info from accessible Barcelona, but no one has responded to my e-mail yet. I did book the Apsis Atrium Palace Hotel, which does have rooms for people who use wheelchairs. I'll be in touch.

Dee

After some search, I've found these three. The last to with English version.

If you have no answer by mail, just teell me and I will try by phone.

http://www.serlibre.es

http://www.accessiblebarcelona.com

http://www.cosmoscooter.com

In accesible Barcelona they even offer booking in hotels prepared for disabled people.

Hope it helps

Bea

Bea...........thank you so much. cosmos took care of us....all arrangements made by internet. You are wonderful. Thanks again.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Bea,

I was wondering if you can take a look at this website, and give me you opinion about the location/area of the apartment that we are renting for 3 nights, pre-cruise in July. It seems to be a nice/safe area. Please let me know if you are familar with where it is, and if you have any suggestions for places to eat nearby.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful information in this thread.

Best regards,

Sherri

Hi BCN Lady,

My husband has a 50th birthday when we cruise out of Barcelona next month. I would like to surprise him with a gift basket. Can you please tell me the name of a gift basket service that delivers to cruise ships in Barcelona? I have searched the internet but haven't had any luck.

Thanks for your help,

Susie

First, I really appreciate your willingness to share tips of your lovely city to all of us. If only I could find a way to be as helpful to those coming to my part of Colorado USA...

I will be in Barcelona the end of April and will be meeting up with 2 other couples prior to our boarding our ship. I am planning on taking the Aerobus from the airport to Raco del Pi where we are staying. I have emailed the hotel to ask where to get off and walking directions from there. I have not heard back from them yet. If you could, which stop would be the nearest for me to get off? I should be quite mobile with easy luggage so walking should be no problem.

We have a full day before sailing and my husband and I plan on going to Monserrat as we are not much city people but love the mountains...we live smack dab in the middle of them! I have directions from a Barcelona website - is it an easy trip, if I leave early in the am, (on a Wednesday) trying to be back for a leisurely afternoon in the city?

Dinner that evening is at Casa Leopoldo (our friends are making reservations) and I have looked on their website and I am freaking out because I am not very adventerous in my eating. Everything looks like seafood (I don't care to eat food that looks like it does when it's alive) or vital organs...Is there anything you can recommend I order at Casa Leopoldo that isn't those two items I mentioned? Will I, with virtually no ability to speak Spanish, be able to ask the waiter for recommendations?

As I frequent these boards prior to cruising, I like to be READY FOR ANYTHING, and my dinner options is just another thing I like to be prepared for.

I REALLY appreciate your help!

Jean

BCN Lady, THANK YOU for all your help and answering so many questions !! Have you ever thought about compiling all this info into a best seller ?? I'll buy the first copy for my first visit to your city next August prior to our Disney Magic cruise ! You are a sweetheart :)

BCN Lady,

Thanks for all your help on this board! You may have already answered this, but I need help finding a hotel that will sleep 2 adults and 2 children near the airport. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

You have to look to hotels in El Prat de Llobregat.

Try:

Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto

Renaissance Barcelona Airport Hotel (Marriot, perhaps too expensive)

Novotel Cornella Hotel : half way betwen Airport and Barcelona but Novotel allows two children per room FREE!!

Hope it helps, I know what's to travel with children!!

Archived