Now this is what I call a list!

HMSDingy

yup...and the photos of this ship's list has been posted here about 6 times in the last couple of days.

Do I take this as a slap in the face....or ignore it. Ignore it. Isn't the first time I've seen multiple posts on the same subject but nobody disses the OP.:(

I hadn't seen that picture yet. Thank you for posting it. It does look fake though.:confused:

No, it's real. It is a freighter carrying cars from Japan (I think Japan). It's been on the news alot lately. As of last night they had rescued the sailors and said non of the cars had been compromised (which I find unbelievable!!!)

I hadn't seen that picture yet. Thank you for posting it. It does look fake though.:confused:

Not at all fake – the Coast Guard had to airlift the crew from the top of the ship where they had climbed to remain safe. Because of the severe list, they were unable to get survival craft launched. The ship apparently took on enough water to cause the list.

Well, color me clueless too! And to make matters worse... and I kind of hate to admit this... I was thinking it was going to be a LIST...

1. Don't forget post-it notes because you obviously have the memory of an ant because you never considered this kind of list.

2. Repeat #1.

LOL!

Thanks for posting the picture!

Well, color me clueless too! And to make matters worse... and I kind of hate to admit this... I was thinking it was going to be a LIST...

1. Don't forget post-it notes because you obviously have the memory of an ant because you never considered this kind of list.

2. Repeat #1.

LOL!

Thanks for posting the picture!

HeyTinaLee...maybe its a "Tina" thing but I promise you that's what I thought too...how funny....and to the OP, thanks for posting I found it very interesting and had not seen it before....what degree list is that??:D

A little OT, but last night our local PBS station had a show on about the sinking of the Andrea Doria and of course showed footage of the ship sinking as well as computer animation of how quickly it listed and how far it listed right after being struck by the Stockholm. It was listing so badly within minutes of being struck that the lifeboats on one side of the ship were unusable. Very interesting program. Also found it interesting that the insurance company only paid on what they deemed the "salvagable items" from the Andrea Doria, which consisted mainly of it's lifeboats. Apparently they only paid about $100,000.

Not at all fake – the Coast Guard had to airlift the crew from the top of the ship where they had climbed to remain safe. Because of the severe list, they were unable to get survival craft launched. The ship apparently took on enough water to cause the list.

The ship is called the Cougar Ace and it foundered in rough seas off Alaska's Aleutian Islands this past Tuesday. It listed 90º onto its port side. The crew was indeed rescued leaving 4,700 Mazda cars bound for the US & Canada with an estimate worth of $117.5 million.:eek:

Colour me clueless too....I also thought it was going be like a grocery list.....LOL....

I sure didn't see any other photos of that particular list....thanks for posting...HMSDinghy

Is there going to be a 'list' sale of Mazda's now......keep your eyes open :p Aren't cars sold with a 'list' price???? It will mean something entirely different now.....LOL....I can see it all now......This brand new Mazda can be all your's................'listed' at $XXXX......it was 'listed' in Alaska.....hahaha :p

Chrysalis.................lighten up...........join the fun!

would it have still been considered rude if I had the time and taken the time to find and post some of the other threads giving details and photos?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=385099

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=386396

Thats 2....not 6......and these are stern shots......I liked seeing OP's bow shot.....:)

Archived