Diamond Plus vs. Diamond perks?

[quote name='sanjoseca']Don't include me in the lawsuit.....I'm enjoying this.[/quote]

There isn't going to be a lawsuit because I'm afraid of Carol. Who knows what she would do if we sued her? You wouldn't know when it would happen or where, but suddenly while you are relaxing after a long day in port, your ship would tip over - and it would be all Carol's fault.

San posted: [QUOTE]Not holding out, K2....just treated better over here.........that was until PH ruined it with her father figure [EMAIL="cr@p."]cr@p.[/EMAIL][/QUOTE] WOW.........and I thought we "ALL" treated you so well YOUR LORDSHIP!!
Now about that remark PH made.............Just think of it as OLDER and WISER!! :D

[quote name='wrp96']Of course, I'd represent you, but I don't think you have a chance against Carol. She'd probably counter sue all of us for intentional infliction of emotional distress. Besides, you can't afford my fee - one cruise of my choice per year in the Royal Suite.[/quote]

You make a very good point, Wrona. Any victory we might gain would be a pyrrhic one anyway. Actually though, when we won, the damages would probably more than pay your fee, which, when you think of it, is really quite reasonable (especially since San has refused to participate in the suit so I wouldn't have to split the judgement with him):D I'm sure that as you gain more experience you will adjust your rates accordingly.:rolleyes:

You make a very good point, Wrona. Any victory we might gain would be a pyrrhic one anyway. Actually though, when we won, the damages would probably more than pay your fee, which, when you think of it, is really quite reasonable (especially since San has refused to participate in the suit so I wouldn't have to split the judgement with him):D I'm sure that as you gain more experience you will adjust your rates accordingly.:rolleyes:

Bill, you're forgetting who we'd be going after. She has two teenagers. Do you really think we'd get much money from her?

And when you think you are winning..........which with wrona going up against F. Lee Carol Bailey, is shear stupidity!! Unfortunately.........I think you would be eaten up!:D

But, wrona, if you want to practice your skills for a price.............go ahead!!:D

Rick

And when you think you are winning..........which with wrona going up against F. Lee Carol Bailey, is shear stupidity!! Unfortunately.........I think you would be eaten up!:D

But, wrona, if you want to practice your skills for a price.............go ahead!!:D

Rick

I'm not stupid. I would require the fee up front. No contingency fee in a case like that. We all know the lawyers get all the money in the lawsuits anyways.:D

Oddly, we had our best Diamond level, RCCL perks when cruising on Celebrity this past June! They honor the level you are in RCCL's past cruiser's club, so we recieved fresh flowers - twice on an 11 day cruise. And we were allowed to use the thalassotherapy pool free (normally it costs $20 per use or $100 for the cruise). We have never received an upgrade from RCCL except once - on our 2nd RCCL cruise. We were bumped up from an inside cabin on a lower level to a larger inside (by 7 sq. ft!) cabin on an upper deck. Our neighbors cruised w/us and were bumped from an outside cabin on a lower deck to a beautiful suite (same floor as us). I think probaby what happened there was the price of the cruise dropped before sailing. We were using a well known cruise booking agency at the time (before so many mergings and price matchings) and they probably were able to get the upgrades for us and did so instead of offering us a price adjustment.

I have a suspicion that people who pay higher prices and book categories like suites (or at least higher priced balcony cabins) are more likely to get upgraded when there is room. Esp. repeat customers of T/As who book heavily w/the line, and their best customers are more likely to get the upgrades. Of course, upgrades are much easier to get when you are cruising at a slow time, or on a ship that is far from full. Also, RCCL and all other lines can track what a cruiser has spent on prior cruises. If you are big spenders on their services, booze, or ammenities of any type, I think you are also more likely to be given upgrades and perks. (The people I know in this category seem to get more things - as opposed to people like my husband and I who mostly book inside cabins, have very small bar bills and book most excursions independently. Prior to the price standardization of most cruises prices, those who paid higher prices for their cruises got better upgrades than those who paid the lowest prices, courtesy of their T/As, most likely. (They made higher commissions off these people. We all know people who don't seem to care what they pay as long as their service is good. Wish I could afford to be in that category! ;) ) At any rate, we choose our cabin based on price, location and quietness, etc., and any perks we get are welcomed!

Archived