"LIVE" from the Explorer 8-11-06 Cape Liberty

Radio

My husband and I were on the ferry going towards Staten Island as you were pulling out (5:15ish). Wish I could have jumped onboard, we were so close. I'll have to wait 2 weeks though. It was a perfect night to sail away! Such great pictures Radio and so fast, thanks so much. Can't wait to hear more!

Hi

You mentioned you were on deck 8 and there is no new bedding yet.

Do you know if it has been started yet? Can you please give us an update as to which decks if any have been completed?

What a great evening to sail away - enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the posts and pictures!

Hi Radio.....thanks for letting us cruise along. I love following all your cruises, it's as if we were right there with you. This one comes just in time as we are both feeling like we need a cruise. So this is the next best thing. ;)

Have a wonderful cruise and tell Mrs Radio thanks for letting us tag along! :D

Hi again Radio!

I have read ALL of your "Live from" posts and found them great!

We will be on the Explorer 9 day on September 22nd, so I will be anxiously awaiting your posts.

We will be a family of four going, my husband, my sister and her husband. We drive down the day before from Ontario and stay at a hotel. The last cruise was last year on the Voyager from Cape Liberty, I must confess that we got a bit lost going from the hotel to the pier. I showed my husband your pic of the turnoff to the pier picture that was in your gallery, so hopefully that WILL help him;) . Nothing worse than being from another country and driving around and around when you just KNOW your cruise ship is waiting for you!

Thanks Radio for posting, we ALL will enjoy reading your posts and seeing the gorgeous pictures you take. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!:D

Take care

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Radio, get off my ship.....

Mr. pete, I hope you took care of my ship......

That courtyard is really great......it is at exit 13A....Glimcher Realty Way actually....and the cab is exactly 40 bucks plus tip.......it is great cruising out of cape liberty...and lady liberty is gorgeous.

i dont remember backing up all the way, but i guess we did...we were at breakfast.

have a great time....looking forward to more reports.......

hello radio,

my friend erik and his wife lori on on your cruise also. if you see a guy about 6'3 with brown hair and his wife is like 5'5 with blac k hair..tell them tom says hi....

Thanks

NJTOM

Comet Cruisier - Will wave to you as you depart and we board!

Radio - Can't wait to hear the rest of your report. Love the pics!!!

Mr Pete - Did you post a report? Want to know everything about the Bermuda cruise. Got any Compasses? Pretty please!

.....your live reports are really cool! Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to let us all know what's going on. I am very excited to be going on my first RCI cruise on the Explorer in April 07 with my boyfriend, from everything I have read about her I think we've made the right choice. Your pictures are great too, thanks for sharing!

Radio

Thank you much for the report. And takeing time to tell all of us.

I to will be go on 8/25/06 for 9 days looking to see if any new beeding was installed as of yet. they were to start on 8/11/06?

You found the best place to stay and the shortes ride to the ship. I live here in Bayonne if you need any help with any thing please let me know.

If any one is on 8/25/06 cruise going fishing (Bubba bottom fishing)?

Will to all have a great cruise My wife and I with my dauther will be on the 10th deck. hope to see you at meet and migle meeting.

Radio

Thank you much for the report. And takeing time to tell all of us.

I to will be go on 8/25/06 for 9 days looking to see if any new beeding was installed as of yet. they were to start on 8/11/06?

You found the best place to stay and the shortes ride to the ship. I live here in Bayonne if you need any help with any thing please let me know.

If any one is on 8/25/06 cruise going fishing (Bubba bottom fishing)?

Will to all have a great cruise My wife and I with my dauther will be on the 10th deck. hope to see you at meet and migle meeting.

i saw new bedding being installed on some inside cabins on deck 9 and 10.

Thanks for the nice comments...

Radio

;)

Hello everyone…Today is our first day at sea, and the weather is great, We are scheduled to arrive at Charlotte Amalie, USVI at 1PM on Monday. There is a ton of activities today. It seems that the Horse Racing is a thing of the past, because now RCI is featuring Royal Auto Racing (RC500).

The Welcome aboard show was very good last night. The comedian was Robbie Printz, and was very funny. Tonight is formal night and there will be a production show (“Wild, Cool and Swingin’) I have heard many times on Cruise Critic when people were asking what the Dinner theme nights were. Well here they are…..

Saturday- Captains Gala/ Formal,

Sunday- Casual/ Marco Polo Dinner,

Monday- Casual/ Caribbean Colors Dinner

Tuesday- Casual/ Crown and Anchor Dinner

Wednesday- Casual/ Explorer Dinner

Thursday- Casual or 50’s-60’s / Venetian Feast Dinner

Friday- Formal/ Chef’s Dinner

Saturday- Casual/ Feast of Nations

Tomorrow is the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle, to be held in Portofino’s at 1PM. The Ice Show “Planet Ice” will be held in Studio –B- today at 5PM. The entertainment for Radio will be sitting at the pool, going to the Spa, Gymand maybe taking a nap or two. I do plan on going to the Ocen Lab at 3PM....

My Wi-Fi connection here on the Royale Promenade is 165kps…not bad. Much faster than Cybercabin.

Here are a few more photos from today…

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Good Morning, from the Atlantic Ocean...far off the coast of Norfolk

pebkac.jpg

Cafe Promenade- Deck 5

pebkac.jpg

Model of Voyagerof the Seas, in the Business Center on Deck 6

pebkac.jpg

Royal Promenade 6AM

pebkac.jpg

Dizzy's Jazz Lounge - Viking Crown Lounge Deck 14

pebkac.jpg

Radio................I am another who is so happy to relive my memories of our July 14th Explorer cruise. I will be checking in daily. So glad to hear the bedding is on schedule, since we're sailing again next July. Thanks for taking the time to do this!!!

Radio,

Thanks so very very much for doing your live reports. My family is scheduled to sail on the next 9 night explorer and we are very excited.

I learned that there is a possiblity of a shuttle launch from Kennedy Space Center on the Sunday after we sail at 4:30 pm.

Do you have any idea if we will be in the vicinity at that time. In other words, please let me know where you are on Sunday at 4:30 pm.

I'm really loving the great pictures and reports. The seas seem calm!!

Thanks!

If I already wasn't excited enough your posts are increasing that tenfold. I will be on the Explorer in 5 weeks WOOHOO!!! It will be my first RCCL cruise even though it will be my 10th overall. Keep the pictures and posts coming.

Let us know if they get to deck 8 with the bedding, as that is where my room is.

Sue

Thank you for sending the pictures. I am thoroughly enjoying seeing them all. We get on the ship when you get off, our 1st time on The Explorer so its great to see pictures of the ship.

Great, keep them coming, I look forward to them all.

Have a super cruise!

Radio ~~~ I was on the 9 day Explorer on 6/30 and already experienced that thrill that you are right now, but I have to tell you, your live report and those incredibly clear pictures are really making me smile and anxiously wait for more!! I have decided to just pretend I am on there with you, and intend on enjoying every minute along with you. Keep it coming!!!!

Radio,

Thank you for taking your time to keep all of us updated. I know we all really appreciate all the info.

If possible would you be able to answer these questions

1 - Any new security stuff we should watch out for when boarding due to the new regulations recently. (Wife and I like to pack all our ammenities in our carry ons, along with soda and water, as to not wet any of our clothes in case of spills)

2 - New Bedding. Do you see any bedding being changed?? I know I am pushing it, but is it possible to inquire with the pursar as to what the schedule onboard the ship is with that. Is it going by decks, or room catagories.

Specifically for me if deck 10 has been done, Jr. Suite 1640?? (thought I would give it a try):D

3 - Is it still possible to purchase a bottle of wine or champagne to bring to your room.

Again I want to say thank you for taking the time from your vacation to inform all of us on the boards.

Archived