Who's Your Captain & Cruise Director?

C 2 C

We kept all of the dailies but my husband sends them (via snail mail) on to cruisedailiesdotcom. He just did that a couple of days ago. Oh well.

Hi Kathleen

I just checked their website... it seems they don't have a very large collection of up to date material for Celebrity. Yours will be about the first in 6 months for a regular cruise. I was hoping for more data but did not find any...

Arno

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in San Diego just off Summit.

Panagiotis Skylogiannis is the master of Summit but will soon be leaving for the planning stages of Solstice where he will become her first Captain.

Allan King is the cruise director but will soon be leaving for Infinity.

Melanie Mowat will soon be leaving for the duel role of Captain's Club hostess and Future Sales Manager on Quest.

Our Hotel Director was Philip Herbert.

Wes Savery is the Captain's Club Host on board.

Thanks C2C for the info about the Summit. You mentioned that the Captain and Allen King and Melanie will be leaving soon. Do you kinow when "soon" is? I'm just wondering because we will be on the Summit in less than 2 weeks.

Thanks for any info.

Thanks C2C for the info about the Summit. You mentioned that the Captain and Allen King and Melanie will be leaving soon. Do you know when "soon" is? I'm just wondering because we will be on the Summit in less than 2 weeks.

Thanks for any info.

Right after posting this message Captain Skylogiannis walked into our gate area on his way home to England. After his holiday he will go to Germany for Solstice until it sails under his command. Allan will be leaving right after your cruise, probably on the Panama run.

Quest sails in less than two weeks so Melanie will probably be gone before then.

Thanks C2C for the info. I wonder if the Captain's replacement will be one of the vacation captains that do the fill ins while the regular captain's is gone.

Iannis Berdos is the regular co-master of Summit.

Below is a picture of Solstice's designated captain with Alan King

SummitOct10AlanKingandCaptainSkylog.jpg

Hi Arno !

Thanks for the Updates !

From what I hear, John Howell will be the CD on Constellation shortly, when Don Fluke goes on vacation. I also heard that Andrea (from Journey) will be the CD on Quest's first sailings in about 9 days.

From what I hear, John Howell will be the CD on Constellation shortly, when Don Fluke goes on vacation. I also heard that Andrea (from Journey) will be the CD on Quest's first sailings in about 9 days.

Hi Andy

Originally it was reported that John Howell was moving from Journey to Quest. So now there is an opening on Journey and Allan leaves Summit in November. There have been no reported sightings of turnover on the other ships as well...:confused:

hi there

we were on galaxy transatlantic in may this year and Stewart Turnbull had just joined as CD....excellent at his job.

Hi Allison:

If the CD contract term lasts four months, he might be on holidays or just back onboard or sent to replace another CD on holidays.

The irregular system of rotation requires more frequent updates.

Hi Andy

Originally it was reported that John Howell was moving from Journey to Quest. So now there is an opening on Journey and Allan leaves Summit in November. There have been no reported sightings of turnover on the other ships as well...:confused:

Hi Andy,

Do you happen to know when this is? We are sailing on the Constellation on November 5th and John Howell is by far my favorite cruise director. It would be great luck to have him again.

Thanks,

'Walter

Hi Andy,

Do you happen to know when this is? We are sailing on the Constellation on November 5th and John Howell is by far my favorite cruise director. It would be great luck to have him again.

Thanks,

'Walter

Hi Walter !

I am sorry, but I do not have an exact date. I heard that John should be joining Constellation around November 16th, but I am not 100% positive on the date. If I find out additional information, I will post it here.

We just left Infinity Sunday, 10/14. Jeff Potts was the CD.

Thanks Bonnie. Allan King leaves Summit in November, moves to Infinity in Jan 2008

Stewart is off the Galaxy and on vacation.

Natalie Clemens is taking over the Summit the beginning of November

Andy & Walter: I received an email from Don Fluke that John Howell will be on Constellation for our Oct 23rd sailing.

Hi Arno !

Are you sure Captain Bouzakis will be the Master of Quest ? I had heard Captain Lekkas would be moving to Quest. Any info is appreciated.

Also, The Allan King note on your list should say Jan '08, not '09 :)

Are you sure Captain Bouzakis will be the Master of Quest ? I had heard Captain Lekkas would be moving to Quest. Any info is appreciated.

Hi Andy:

I used to read the Journey & Quest threads before I cancelled our booking. The information about John Howell moving to Quest from Journey was also wrong. Until you sail on Quest to establish who's where, your source will be more reliable than the two-month old post that I read.

And Allan takes over duties on Infinity Jan 06, 2008 I believe.

Hi Andy:

I used to read the Journey & Quest threads before I cancelled our booking. The information about John Howell moving to Quest from Journey was also wrong. Until you sail on Quest to establish who's where, your source will be more reliable than the two-month old post that I read.

And Allan takes over duties on Infinity Jan 06, 2008 I believe.

Hi Arno !

Thanks for the update. I am pretty sure Quest's Master will be Captain Lekkas. I will be sure to report back with all of the information for your list, as soon as I return home.

Have great CRUISES Andy. It looks as though you have a few coming up. :D

Hi Ed !

Thank you so much for your nice wishes. I hope all is well !

I am counting the days..... fortunately, only a week to go ! I am very excited to see what Azamara and Quest are all about. I am sure it will be a nice change to try a much smaller ship. Please look for my reviews on the Azamara thread after I return home.

Archived