Mini Suite Full Breakfast

Wildcatter

We've always stayed in oceanview doubles, but I dusted off my wallet and got a mini suite for our Xmas cruise. I read somewhere you can order full (not continental) breakfasts from room service if you have a mini suite or higher. Is this true? Does it pertain to lunch and dinner room service, also?

Thanks for your replies.

I beg to differ....having been in a 3 mini-suites, one does receive full breakfast...bacon, eggs, toast, smoothies, fruit, buns, danishes, coffee, juice and umpteen other choices......

Lunch...never ordered from room service

Dinner...I have ordered off the dining room menu for room service..but now have read that mini-suite occupants can no longer do this. My last ms was in May 2006, but unfortunately I didn't order dinner. Before that was in 2004....and certainly had a full dining room meal in my cabin.

Some have mentioned that one can still do this...it depends on human factors....order person, cabin attendent, kitchen location, etc.

Hope that helps. I guess you could phone Princess...and hope to get a correct answer....

Like ladysail2 said...we had breakfast nearly every morning in our mini. Everything from eggs to danish, coffee and juice. Our steward kept a bowl of fruit stocked also. We never did lunch or dinner though; sorry.

Just off the Caribbean Princess (in fact, just arrived home this evening)and the continental breakfast in mini suites was all that they would send to mini suites. Ran into one person (in a neighboring mini suite) that was furious as all she wanted was a grapefruit and they told her they wouldn't even send that. So, although I did not read what ship you are sailing on, I can attest to the fact that we were not able to write in different items this past week in mini suites, unfortunately. :( Seems things are changing now, from week to week and they are really cracking down on the rules, especially since the new ultimate balcony breakfast has come into play. Sorry!

Do you mean to tell me that they have taken grapefruit off the continental breakfast menu that you hang on your door for room service. I find that very hard to believe. We ordered it when we cruised on the Island Princess in May. No problem! As to ordering hot breakfast items we have never tried it...it's way too much to eat at breakfast time!

I am in a Mini-Suite on the Grand for the past 20 days and we have never ordered breakfast thus far from Room Service...nowfor the hell of it I will try tomorrow morning and just as Lynda said fill in anything I want and I will see what arrives!...stay tuned!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

I am in a Mini-Suite on the Grand for the past 20 days and we have never ordered breakfast thus far from Room Service...nowfor the hell of it I will try tomorrow morning and just as Lynda said fill in anything I want and I will see what arrives!...stay tuned!

Tony

I'll be very interested in hearing what the verdict is. I was on the Sapphire in a balcony cabin and had no problem ordering. Might be a ship by ship thing. BTW, hi Tony!:D

I'll be very interested in hearing what the verdict is. I was on the Sapphire in a balcony cabin and had no problem ordering. Might be a ship by ship thing. BTW, hi Tony!:D

Hi Lynda!...Ok Lynda I have might scratch pand in hand...may I take your order for that Mini-Suite breakfast? What would you like to order and hopefully see arrive?

Tony

Just off the Caribbean Princess (in fact, just arrived home this evening)and the continental breakfast in mini suites was all that they would send to mini suites. Ran into one person (in a neighboring mini suite) that was furious as all she wanted was a grapefruit and they told her they wouldn't even send that. So, although I did not read what ship you are sailing on, I can attest to the fact that we were not able to write in different items this past week in mini suites, unfortunately. :( Seems things are changing now, from week to week and they are really cracking down on the rules, especially since the new ultimate balcony breakfast has come into play. Sorry!

Toto - what is the "new balcony breakfast"? I plan on ordering this on the Grand in a couple of weeks, and would sincerely appreciate any info. Also, I just assumed I would order it when I get on board. Or is this something I should do ahead of time?

I haven't even unpacked yet, so not sure if I brought a copy of the actual 'ultimate balcony breakfast' with me or the room service breakfast tag for the door. Will have to check when I begin to unpack.

As for the balcony breakfast that is special order, you can order it in the 'gifts' section on the Princess site, or wait until you board. They sent around a door tag to order it the night before while we were onboard which made it very simple.

This is so strange that the rules are varying ship by ship on the ordering breakfast from room service. I am beginning to wonder what the heck is going on here and hopefully other CC'ers from our sailing will report back their experiences also. We had over 100 on the Caribbean Princess last week.

Do you mean to tell me that they have taken grapefruit off the continental breakfast menu that you hang on your door for room service. I find that very hard to believe. We ordered it when we cruised on the Island Princess in May. No problem! As to ordering hot breakfast items we have never tried it...it's way too much to eat at breakfast time!

I had grapefruit. It was there. I checked it...it came. With a grape in the middle and all cut and ready to eat. Delish!

I read that if you do not feel like leaving your room they will bring you anything that is on the menu at anytime. I have heard people order breakfast items and some people dinner. Even the lamb and prime rib. I guess you just have to ask. Once again I think they don't broadly announce this because they don't want everyone to do this or it would get too busy. I know they want to encourage people to go out and enjoy the ship....have something to eat then go see some shows, dance, shop, catch a comedian. If you leave the room you will spend some money so they want you out and about.

:p

Being in a mini-suite has nothing to do with whether or not they will bring you items not on room service menu. If it is the ship's policy to do it, then it won't matter what type of stateroom you are in. I do think it varies from ship to ship.

Post # 17 is incorrect, however.

When ordering dinner-from-the-menu, one MUST order it during the times it is being served in the dining rooms because that is when it is cooked and hot. :D

If you order too late, choices you want may be gone. :mad:

The galley does not make up special orders all day long, just the stock menu on the dresser. ;)

It only makes sense. :eek:

We have done 9 cruises always in a mini suite and when we were on the Sea, Sun and the Dawn we always got whatever we asked for on the breakfast card.

Julie

Things are done a bit differently on the Sea, Sun and Dawn then on the Mega ships. We have sailed on 17 Princess cruises (both Sun Class and larger) and found that the Sun Class is more our style as there are benefits to them that they do not offer on the larger ships.

We were NOT ALLOWED to order anything extra when we were in

a mini-suite on the Diamond and Sapphire within the last year..

I even tried writing in extra items, which were flatly rejected.

I also might add that when we were in a FULL suite on the Golden 3 years

ago, I tried writing in extra items such as bacon at no extra items arrived

either. I understand the FULL suite policy to have changed since 3 years

ago, however.

On the Star 3.5 years ago we wrote in extra items and did receive (regular

cabin)

I have ordered in written hot (steak and eggs etc) items for breakfast on numerous occasions on the Grand, Island, and Coral, however on the Crown they would not do it on our 07/29 cruise. But I will try again in October. :D

That actually makes sense since the Crown and Caribbean Princess hold about the same amount of passengers. Hard to figure out what is acceptable to do and what isn't when it changes depending on the ship and class of ship you sail on. :(

Archived