Early Upper & Lower Dining

torybruno

These dining times may vary slightly for Alaska cruises.

5:45 P.M. Early Upper

6:15 P.M. Early Lower

8:00 P.M. Main Upper

8:30 P.M. Main Lower

ok, Sail7seas, I am the NCL expert or think I am and you seem to be the HAL expert: what is the difference between upper and lower and which is better? NMNita

We always request a stern dining table on the S ships. We prefer eating at 8pm so we are on the upper main but we have also had a table at the stern on the lower level. The view from there is fabulous especially if the sun doesn't set until late such as in the Baltic and when we did our Transatlantic via Greenland and Iceland.

We are on the Veendam in a couple of weeks time and once again we have requested table 34 at the rear of the ship.

Jennie

The lower level on the Vista has a direct view of the sea, sail. I had to take 8:30 dining on my Noordam cruise and was assigned a window table.

Yes, of course, you're right, Ruth.

We Always sit on upper level and I totally forgot that the lower level is NOT Promendade Deck.

Upper level window seats are not desireable IMO because people could be doing their 'laps' while people are dining. Not necessarily a gorgeous view. Maybe they keep the curtains closed? If so, a window seat wouldn't show a pretty view anyway.

Archived