Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

3* Residence Inn LGB 9/24-9/27

$48 bid accepted first time

Total for 3 nights $144 + $29.45 fees/taxes = $173.45

I know it's not 5* but free parking, free breakfast, free internet, free happy hour Mon-Thur. What more could a guy ask for $48?:D

4* Westin Bayshore - Vancouver 9/8 - 9/11/09

First time I bid, I bid $80 and got a counteroffer of $22, but didn't accept the $22, added a zone and went to $85, no success.

After learning about what to do with a counter offer, next day I started at $95. No luck, added a free zone with no 4* and went to $100, no luck, so I thought okay the counter would of been ($102 - $80+$22) so I added another free zone and bid $102 and hit.

Susan :)

I'm so glad I read your posting. I started at $40 for a 3 1/2 star at Seatac and also got the Doubletree (postcruise) for that price. I'm addicted to Priceline. I also got a great downtown Seattle hotel for $45 (precruise)- the Red Lion.

Donna

I started with 3 star SEA area, 5/20 to 5/21. $35 bid was rejected. Increased bid to $40 and added 2-1/2 stars to search. I won Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport (3*, go figure) for $40.00, total with tax $53.07.

My first PriceLine win - that was fun!

Liz

I'm so glad I read your posting. I started at $40 for a 3 1/2 star at Seatac and also got the Doubletree (postcruise) for that price. I'm addicted to Priceline. I also got a great downtown Seattle hotel for $45 (precruise)- the Red Lion.

Donna

I started low for Seatac too and had to raise the bid a few times to get the bid accepted at $65. Guess their August rates and demand are higher.

Marion

I got the Silver Cloud-Stadium for our post cruise one night-7/19 for $107. Were already staying in downtown pre-cruise @ the Westin for 3 nights.

Becky, how many stars & what area did you bid? Would love to get this since it is so close to the train station. Thanks

Marge

Thinking it was way too early to have a chance of being accepted and after much nail biting I decided to a "practice" run on bidding for SanPedro on Priceline. Much to my surprise I got my first ever bid accepted:

Date: Jan. 29 -31, 2010

Number of rooms: 3

Number of nights - 2 nights pre-cruise

Hotel: Crowne Plaza

Rating: 3 1/2 *'s

Area: SanPedro

Site: Priceline

Winning bid: $65

I do have 1 question - when I enter my confirmation number from Priceline on Crowne Plaza's website, it tells me that this confirmation number can not be viewed on the internet and that I need to call the hotel directly for any information on my reservation - is this normal?

Thinking it was way too early to have a chance of being accepted and after much nail biting I decided to a "practice" run on bidding for SanPedro on Priceline. Much to my surprise I got my first ever bid accepted:

Date: Jan. 29 -31, 2010

Number of rooms: 3

Number of nights - 2 nights pre-cruise

Hotel: Crowne Plaza

Rating: 3 1/2 *'s

Area: SanPedro

Winning bid: $65

I do have 1 question - when I enter my confirmation number from Priceline on Crowne Plaza's website, it tells me that this confirmation number can not be viewed on the internet and that I need to call the hotel directly for any information on my reservation - is this normal?

Yes I've had that happen on a few of them. Sometimes I can see the basic detail of the reservation but can't do any changes. All depends on the hotel's reservation system. But have always called because I usually need 2 beds and the reservation is there and they note my requests with no problems.

Yes I've had that happen on a few of them. Sometimes I can see the basic detail of the reservation but can't do any changes. All depends on the hotel's reservation system. But have always called because I usually need 2 beds and the reservation is there and they note my requests with no problems.

Thanks, Susan. I think I will make a phone call just to be sure!

Today my husband placed a successful $90 bid through Priceline for a 3* or above hotel in the San Diego Downtown and Harbor area for 10/22/2009. At first he did an $80 bid hoping to get the Holiday Inn on the Bay, but Priceline did not accept it. Later he tried the $90 and it was accepted for the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina.

Date of Bid: 3/27/2009

Date of San Diego Stay: 10/22/2009 (checkout 10/23/2009)

Hotel: Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina

Rating: 3* or higher

Area: San Diego Downtown and Harbor

Winning bid: $90

Kathy

DisneyScrapper:

We're also looking to book the Silver Cloud Stadium thru Hotwire, but for mid-September. So far, it appears as though only the Crowne Plaza is available. Like you, we need to be close to the train station, so that we can make the early morning train to Vancouver.

How long were you looking on Hotwire before you finally got this booking? I see that you were about 4 months out between the time you booked and your actual stay, but did you have to go to Hotwire several times before it finally appeared?

Thanks for the input!

Dru

I had tried several days before with Priceline and wasn't getting anywhere, so on a fluke I tried Hotwire and hit the Mother load........:D It's only for 1 night and I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg. One of my co-workers also need a hotel in Seattle but in June, so I quick gave her a phone call and my then that quote wasn't available anymore....:(

Good luck!!

DisneyScrapper:

We're also looking to book the Silver Cloud Stadium thru Hotwire, but for mid-September. So far, it appears as though only the Crowne Plaza is available. Like you, we need to be close to the train station, so that we can make the early morning train to Vancouver.

How long were you looking on Hotwire before you finally got this booking? I see that you were about 4 months out between the time you booked and your actual stay, but did you have to go to Hotwire several times before it finally appeared?

Thanks for the input!

Dru

• 2 weeks later...
I did it thur Hotwire. It's a 3.5 star.

Was it listed as 3.5-star hotel in Downtown - Pike Place ?I would love to get this hotel also for the same reason-easy access to the train the next morning.

Thanks so much for your help.

San Diego Hotel

Hotel: Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina

Dates: Thursday, Oct. 8 (one night)

Star Level: four

Winning Price: $85

Taxes/Fees: $18.90

Total: $103.90

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Date: 6/4/09

Number of nights: 1 - 3 rooms (pre cruise)

Hotel: Residence Inn Lake Union (nice hotel - free breakfast)

Rating: 3 star

Lake Union

Winning Bid: $60

Had already booked this hotel through Marriott website - paying over $200 a night. Read about Priceline on these boards (thank you cc!) and checking on betterbidding site (thanks again cc) and got this rate for the 3 rooms.

Saving our famiy over $400... More to spend in Alaska - woo hoo!

Do you just ask about cruise parking at these hotels after you accept a bid calling the specific hotel?

I have never booked a hotel like this.

I have been told for instance when going on the Radiance Sept 30 San Diego and doing some calling around parking can run 20 plus a day.

Any input?

Thanks

Just got the Hotel Solamar. Very happy with this on Hotwire.

Hotel Solamar Kimpton Hotel

4 *

April 12, 2009

San Diego Gaslight

4 adults

23.90 taxes

165.90 total

Laura

I just wanted to follow up with this hotel.

It was wonderful, beautiful hotel. Staff was outstanding. Room was not ready when we checked in at 10am but they said they would call as soon as room was ready. I told them we were headed to the zoo and it was ok. Got a call about an hour and a half later from the hotel to tell us the room was ready and that if we wanted to come back earlier please do. We did go back earlier than we thought we would and had a wonderful time at their pool.

I would stay here again in a heart beat! Great location also.

Laura