***Live from the Pacific Princess***

T&J

I became addicted to the Mocha Latte on the Island Princess this past May....had to have one, and only one, large one every day.....so delicious! Would take it and my book and sit outside the Explorer's Lounge by the windows and enjoy my story and Latte.......ah to be back there......Enjoy your's as well!

NB....Tony....how wonderful to see those dolphins.....in May we saw two juvenile Orca whales while sitting outside the Explorer's lounge..they were jumping and just having fun....how easy it is to turn mature adults into bumbling, gawking children...just let a few big animals close by......it was wonderful to see them.

Go for the silk, Tony! It is supposed to be so luxurious....but mainly, have a good time.

Enjoying your posts, as usual. Enjoy your warm weather..it's getting colder here..currently 52F...no snow, though...:p

OK silk it may be then!Tony

I became addicted to the Mocha Latte on the Island Princess this past May....had to have one, and only one, large one every day.....so delicious! Would take it and my book and sit outside the Explorer's Lounge by the windows and enjoy my story and Latte.......ah to be back there......Enjoy your's as well!

NB....Tony....how wonderful to see those dolphins.....in May we saw two juvenile Orca whales while sitting outside the Explorer's lounge..they were jumping and just having fun....how easy it is to turn mature adults into bumbling, gawking children...just let a few big animals close by......it was wonderful to see them.

I hope we get to see whales on this trip or sharks even when we got to the Maldives in 3 days time.....I will be scuba diving in Male, Maldives and can't wait!Tony

The ship was cleared just shortly before 7:45am this morning which is quite fast for India! They ahve now just announced for people requesting temporary visa's that there landing cards could be collected in the Pacific Lounge. We have 20 pax's that arrived in Bangkok without India Visas...go figure!I am off ashore in approx. 30 minutes time and taking the first shuttle bus unless it's packed into town.More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.Tony

We have 20 pax's that arrived in Bangkok without India Visas...go figure!

On last years cruise we recieved a letter stating that boarding would be denied if we did not have a visa for India.We even had to fax a copy of the visa to the Princess head booking office, well in advance of the cruise.

On last years cruise we recieved a letter stating that boarding would be denied if we did not have a visa for India.We even had to fax a copy of the visa to the Princess head booking office, well in advance of the cruise.

This year they allowed those who did not have there Indian Visa's to stil travel with either a restriction of staying onboard or having a temporary one issued here this morning....I was surprised they actually did that today.Tony

OMG...I just came back and let me tell you today's adventure here in Madras. Firstly, this morning at the Pursers desk there were so many tours being dispatched around 8:45am that the lobby looked like India with so many people packed all the way up the staircase and in the Atrium. I finally got off the ship and walked alongside the pier to beyond the gates where the shuttle buses were parked in excrement and beside a garbage dump. To make matters worse we got onboard the bus and it wasn't air conditioned and the seats were all wet along the windows.The bus waited for about 15 minutes and finally left. As we drove past the port (which was very busy with locals unloading grain sacks and feed) I also saw "Big Mice" running around the train carts. We finally got to the gates and the bus had to cross over the tracks and we just about captsized and tipped over because we had no shocks on this bus. The traffic in Madras makes you feel like there were 1 billion around us today. We did eventually get to the City Centre and we were dropped off at Spencer Plaza a shopping mall and area.we walked in a back alleyway and almost got mowed down by so many scooters and motorcycles driving on the sidewalks and street ways. Once inside the stores were starting to open and I did find a great shop where I did purchase two full sets of Indian Silk sheets, with pillow shams, duvet cover and cushions all for $20.00 US for both sets.I did shop around more shops until the heat and stench got to me and I couldn't take it no more and went back to the meeting point for the shuttle and waited approx. 30 minutes for the next bus.I was happy to return to the ship and immediately showered for about 20 minutes...I fear the ship will run out of soap and water today!This afternoon I plan on having a nap and then going to the gym and having my Facial and Glycolic peel at 5:45pm....my skin surely could use it after being here today. India is a country rich with tradition and culture and heritage but Madras (Chennai) IMHO is least desireable place for me too be in India. More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.....Tony

The traffic in Madras makes you feel like there were 1 billion around us today. India is a country rich with tradition and culture and heritage but Madras (Chennai) IMHO is least desireable place for me too be in India. More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.....Tony

Sounds exactly like the port in Mumbai; maybe worse. I waited years to get to India; once is enough.

Yep....still here. Leaving the hotel in about an hour. The port is less than a mile from here and we have our own car.

Arlene

We'll we have left Madras, India (Chennai) only 15 minutes later than scheduled and we did also leave three paxs behind that they kept on calling during my facial for 45 minutes. I couldn't imagine getting left behind in a port like this of all places!

The weather chnaged also this afternoon and we did get showers off and on while on the ship. It's pitch black right now as we are sailing away making our way to Male, Maldives in 3 days time. We have another glorious 2 days at sea tomorrow and the following day and arrive in Male at 7:00am.

My two step hydralift facial was amazing as always and I would always recommend this treatment to everyone. Your skin looks like new and feels great.

Going to dinner in 1.5 hours time and it's of course an Indian Dinner on the menu.

Might go to the "Office" later as well tonight.

More to come later this evening from the Pacific Princess....

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Sounds exactly like the port in Mumbai; maybe worse. I waited years to get to India; once is enough.

Yep....still here. Leaving the hotel in about an hour. The port is less than a mile from here and we have our own car.

Arlene

Hi there you two!...glad to see your keeping up on here....we'll have a great cruise on "Carnivor" and keep me posted on here!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

for those 3 pax, getting from Madras to Male might not be the easiest thing to do........

No you are right...because I know that Singapore Airlines (SQ) has non-stop service daily from Singapore to Male; but from Madras I hate to see what kind of connections you would have to make in order to get there....never understood these "fail to embark" people that miss the ship.Tony

Tony, after reading your last post about Madras, I would like to ask you, out of all the cruises that you have taken, which itinerary is your favorite and why?

Thanks

Laura

WOW...probably South America and Antartica...not the most exotic places I have been but the change in seasons in March going around The Horn and up the West coast of South America is very nice when the ship repositions...I have done this cruise 5 years in a row....so I guess it's my favorite.Tony

Archived