***Live from the Pacific Princess***

T&J

We'll if someone has Sissley's email or Bobbie and Howards please pass along my condolences to her as I really enjoyed Lou a lot and have fond memories of him last summer onboard the Pacific Princess and helping bargain for a suitcase in Vietnam.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Tony - DONE!

Renee

OK, just got back onboard from coming in from the City. We took the MRT to City Hall station to go to the Raffles Hotel to the loghorn bar where the original Singapore Sling was invented. My friend had the Sling (two to be exact) and I had two Margeritas. The drinks are outrageously priced for 4 drinks $76.00 Singapore dollars. We then went to China Town and Clark Quay for a quick bite and back to the Cruise Terminal and made a pit stop at the Watson's for some deoderant and hair gel that I much needed.The weather today was actually quite good, hot and humid and no rain showers thus far. Upon inspecting the AFT of teh ship I now know what the kabang was when we left Phu My. Obviously we hit the dock and we now have a huge gash in our starboardside...looks quite bad actually and also our gangway is stuck outwards as they had problems rectracting it when we left Phu My. This is why we were delayed over 40 minutes leaving Phu My the other day.I plan on going to the gym in a couple of hours and then to dinner at 8:15pm tonight.More to follow later tonight from the Pacific Princess.Tony

Tony 'The Raffles Hotel' has been mentioned several times in books I have read in the past.Do they have that wonderful area with all the flowers,plants that one can sit for 'Afternoon Tea'....or has that all been changed?

Several years ago was talking to a customer before I retired ,who told me that I should visit Singapore,they spent many months there and loved it.

What do you think of Singapore Tony?

Went to Dinner tonight at 8:15pm and it was Continental Menu (French Cuisine). this menu is always predictable for me as I always order the same thing. I had the escargot, french onion soup and the Porc Normandy followed by coffee and the Apple Tartin in Clavados with the Maple Glacee ice cream...nummy nums!

Went to the internet afterwards to check some emails and then a quick trip to my cabin to freshen up and off to the "Office" I went. Did pretty well in the "Office" tonight and didn't have to stay long at all.

It's now 12:30am and I am off to bed. The seas tonight are very calm although we are not travelling that fast either currently. Tomorrow we are in Kuala Lumpur at 8:00am and I want to be one of the first to get off the ship as soon as we are cleared from Immigration in order to travel by taxi into the City to get to the Petronas Towers to get the free tickets to go up and also go up the TV tower as well and have lunch there.

We will be sailing at 6:00pm tomorrow for Madras, India (now Chenai) and we will be at sea for the next three days making our way towards India.

More to follow early tomorrow morning from the Pacific Princess.

Tony

Tony 'The Raffles Hotel' has been mentioned several times in books I have read in the past.Do they have that wonderful area with all the flowers,plants that one can sit for 'Afternoon Tea'....or has that all been changed?

Several years ago was talking to a customer before I retired ,who told me that I should visit Singapore,they spent many months there and loved it.

What do you think of Singapore Tony?

Yes there is a restaurant and lounge dedicated to High Tea in the Hotel. I did not do that today. The grounds are very nice at the hotel and something to see if you are in Singapore. Singapore is a beautifull city, clean, friendly people, great food and shopping and very cosmopolitain...I could see myself living there easily.

Tony

Yes there is a restaurant and lounge dedicated to High Tea in the Hotel. I did not do that today. The grounds are very nice at the hotel and something to see if you are in Singapore. Singapore is a beautifull city, clean, friendly people, great food and shopping and very cosmopolitain...I could see myself living there easily.

Tony

Yours are the exact words spoken to me by this other person.

Will follow this thread from Island Princess from tomorrow.

Nity nite to you sweet dreams:) .

So that would be a YES huh?....hehehheeeeTony

That would be NO !!! heheheheheheeeeeeeeeee

If I had your money I would burn mine .

I am going to be on a pension soon so how could I possibly pay for all of us . :mad: lol

That would be NO !!! heheheheheheeeeeeeeeee

If I had your money I would burn mine .

I am going to be on a pension soon so how could I possibly pay for all of us . :mad: lol

If there is someone that can stretch a buck ...it's YOU!Tony

Good morning to all on here...woke up at 6:00am and just seem slike I was here not long ago...which is true..check the time of the postings. Slept like a rock last night and the seas must of been calm because I did not feel a thing.About to go for breakfast in 20 minutes minutes time and then rush back to my cabin to get ready and hopefully off the ship very early once they clear us to go ashore. I am all ready to hopefully get up the Petronas Towers and line up for free tickets with a reasonable entrance time.We just took onboard our pilot approx. 15 minutes ago and I witnessed the whole thing here in the internet cafe when they slowed down the ship. The weather seems to be OK, but hard to tell since it's still pitch black out there. All I see are little white lights if you want to check out the images on the cruise cam.Will be sharing a taxi with some others and the cost should be approx. $70.00 USD roundtrip for the driver.More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.Tony

More money to shop ...you know I can do that well .

Hey I learned from the KING !

Remember what I paid for our cruise in 2004 . Never again .

YES I remember....but now you have me to guide you as your shepard of good hope for cruising!Tony

We'll just got back 30 minutes ago from Kuala Lumpur. firstly let me explain a seriesof events. This morning in line, a crew member decided to book a tour with the ship although she had agreed to share a taxi into KL with me and two other people. Th two other people met me in the Dinning room half way during breakfast and explained they decided not to go in afterall. Here I was faced going in alone to Kuala Lumpur in a taxi at a cost of approx. $70.00 US so I thought was expensive just for me. So I ended up at the Cabaret Lounge where they were dispatching the tours and spoke with the Tour Manager and she explained that there was still space on Tour K1PB1 "The KL Experience" which was $94.00 but guaranteed me a ticket up the Petronas Towers which is all that I wanted to do. My tour would also stop at the War Museum, the KL Tower (TV Tower), Presidential Palace, includes lunch, stop at a arts and crafts market etc. So I thought for this "guarantee" it was a good deal since tickets are very hard to come by for the Petronas Towers since most tickets are gone in the early morning. My crew member hearing this decides to bail on her tour and join mine now.As we are now on the bus and stopping at various stops we are getting closer to the TV tower and we ask our guide when are we visiting the Petronas Towers. He then began to explain that we would not be going at all. Here I am mortified, I also have a couple's camera that didn't end up coming but wanting me to take pictures of the Towers and the view while up there and following this tour all over KL only to be told I am not doing the Towers!I was fit to be tied at that point and wanted to get off. I was discouraged strongly not to go in a taxi by the Ship's Tour Manager only to be mislead in going on this tour.Lunch was served at 2:00pm, no water was available onboard and no toilet on a bus ride of 1.5 hours in each direction. As some of you know already, I never do Princess Tours and the one and only time in a hell of a longtime I decide to do one this is what happens?I plan on visiting the Tour Manager shortly after posting this to get a huge amount refunded from this tour since I did benefit from having lunch and a ride intyo the City.Captain Fatchen has just come over the P.A. to advise us that it will be a while before we can set sail as two large barges are blocking the channel and moving very slowly as we were already scheduled to set sail at 6:00pm. Perhaps you can see all of this on the cruise cam now. Looks to be a great sunset shortly.Having dinner at 8:15pm and have been invited to another table to dine with past pax's that I have sailed with in South America for four consecutive years as they are onboard this cruise to Sydney.Let's see about going to the "Office" tonight as I am now I would need to cool off!In passing the weather was hot and humid with partly cloudy skies in Kuala Lumpur today.We are setting sail at some point tonight for Madras, India (Chenai) and we are at sea for the next 3 days. Let's hope they are calm ones!More to follow later from the Pacific Princess.Tony

If you really can't live w/o it until I see you, I'll send it to you at home. Whenever you get there. :) How come you're not on line now? Your new dinner time is not coinciding with my breakfast time.

Arlene

I am just going to dinner right now!...will report back later tonight!Tony

Archived