***Live from the Pacific Princess***

T&J

Tony... did I know you were going to be on the Golden 2/12/07 cruise? Looking forward to meeting you then. :)

Yeap!....planning on staying onboard for that cruise after the Antartica cruise.....

Tony

Careful you don't get addicted. You wouldn't want to be drinking this stuff instead of Veuve. :D

A.

God I can't even think of any Veuve right now!...I even have a bottle in my fridge that looks awfull too me right now!

Tony

God I can't even think of any Veuve right now!...I even have a bottle in my fridge that looks awfull too me right now!

Tony

Tea. Herbal tea. Heals everything. Or coffee. My remedy, but probably for me only. Going shopping. Again.

Arlene

Tony glad you made it home safely and hope you're feeling much better.. I'm sure you'll be able to relax once you're in the Med. So glad we were able to finally meet you in person. You'll have to let me know if "Steak Lorraine" is added to the menu.

Dee, John, Barbara & Elvin hope you have a great time on your way to Sydney. Miss everyone already. The photo I took of you all and Anita at the V&A Waterfront turned out great, I'll e-mail it to you.

Tom & I just got in yesterday afternoon. The cruise was wonderful.

Glad we stayed the extra day in Cape Town. We were lucky, we were able to check into our hotel room right away and get a cab back to the V&A Waterfront. It was a beautiful day. Just walked around the V&A Waterfront for most of the day. Had a great lunch. Found a nice Pizza place right near the hotel for a light dinner. Needed to re-pack our bag a little to shift the weight between the bags. Ended up not being a problem, seems South African Airways was allowing us 70 pounds per bag, we weren't going to say anything and were able to check our bags all the way to Charlotte.

Our flights just long and uncomfortable but that's to be expected in economy. Had some problems in Johannesburg. They didn't have any wheelchairs at the gate when we arrived and I had some problems with my breathing. Finally got a wheelchair.

All our bags were there waiting for us in Washington DC. Got through customs with out any problems. We pulled our jackets out and the bags were sent off to our connecting flight. Then we had to go through security again. The security guy, took out my meds for inspection & I was seated back in a wheelchair and we were off to our gate. Just before boarding time, couldn't find my Asthma medication. We ended up changing to a later flight (weren't charged to change) giving Tom time to go back to the security area to try to locate the missing medication.

Thankfully everything worked out, just as Tom was headed to go back to security, I found the medication before he got out to hearing range. The security guy had placed the medication in an outside zipper area of my bag. Not were I originally packed it. It was too late to get on the earlier flight, but at least we had the medication.

Once we got to Charlotte, our bags were there waiting for us. Guess they were sent on the original flight. Our son, Patrick, picked us up at the airport. We stayed at their place for a little while to watch the end of the football game. Panthers won 23 21.

It's good to be home, but sure miss being on the cruise. Keep in touch, take care, Lorraine & Tom:)

Lorraine and Tom - good to know you are home safe and sound. Take care and we will see you on the new Royal!Tony - I trotted right down to the purser's desk about your jacket. Irving wasn't much help but I later spoke to Anita who promised to investigate. I'll nag them again tomorrow! I'd ask Romeo but you know the problem there!Miss you all...there are all these new faces onboard!John just booked us on the Dawn for a pre Christmas cruise to Mexico. Well heck, we'll be home a month!Hope you feel better soon, Tony!Cheers, DeePS Durban was beautiful today! Had more vindaloo, bought more African junk!

PPS You can't space anything on this dumb machine!!!!

Lorraine and Tom - good to know you are home safe and sound. Take care and we will see you on the new Royal!Tony - I trotted right down to the purser's desk about your jacket. Irving wasn't much help but I later spoke to Anita who promised to investigate. I'll nag them again tomorrow! I'd ask Romeo but you know the problem there!Miss you all...there are all these new faces onboard!John just booked us on the Dawn for a pre Christmas cruise to Mexico. Well heck, we'll be home a month!Hope you feel better soon, Tony!Cheers, DeePS Durban was beautiful today! Had more vindaloo, bought more African junk!

PPS You can't space anything on this dumb machine!!!!

Isn't that spacing problem just anoying or what?....Could ask to speak to Jacqui Hodgson the PSD regarding my jacket....I can't believe that little chiwawa Irving being so unhelpfull!!!....Thanks for helping out!

Tony

Tony glad you made it home safely and hope you're feeling much better.. I'm sure you'll be able to relax once you're in the Med. So glad we were able to finally meet you in person. You'll have to let me know if "Steak Lorraine" is added to the menu.

Dee, John, Barbara & Elvin hope you have a great time on your way to Sydney. Miss everyone already. The photo I took of you all and Anita at the V&A Waterfront turned out great, I'll e-mail it to you.

Tom & I just got in yesterday afternoon. The cruise was wonderful.

Glad we stayed the extra day in Cape Town. We were lucky, we were able to check into our hotel room right away and get a cab back to the V&A Waterfront. It was a beautiful day. Just walked around the V&A Waterfront for most of the day. Had a great lunch. Found a nice Pizza place right near the hotel for a light dinner. Needed to re-pack our bag a little to shift the weight between the bags. Ended up not being a problem, seems South African Airways was allowing us 70 pounds per bag, we weren't going to say anything and were able to check our bags all the way to Charlotte.

Our flights just long and uncomfortable but that's to be expected in economy. Had some problems in Johannesburg. They didn't have any wheelchairs at the gate when we arrived and I had some problems with my breathing. Finally got a wheelchair.

All our bags were there waiting for us in Washington DC. Got through customs with out any problems. We pulled our jackets out and the bags were sent off to our connecting flight. Then we had to go through security again. The security guy, took out my meds for inspection & I was seated back in a wheelchair and we were off to our gate. Just before boarding time, couldn't find my Asthma medication. We ended up changing to a later flight (weren't charged to change) giving Tom time to go back to the security area to try to locate the missing medication.

Thankfully everything worked out, just as Tom was headed to go back to security, I found the medication before he got out to hearing range. The security guy had placed the medication in an outside zipper area of my bag. Not were I originally packed it. It was too late to get on the earlier flight, but at least we had the medication.

Once we got to Charlotte, our bags were there waiting for us. Guess they were sent on the original flight. Our son, Patrick, picked us up at the airport. We stayed at their place for a little while to watch the end of the football game. Panthers won 23 21.

It's good to be home, but sure miss being on the cruise. Keep in touch, take care, Lorraine & Tom:)

Glad to hear you made it home in one piece!...It was fun finally meeting you two as well.....I'll let you know if they have "Steak Lorraine" on the menu on the Golden....

Tony

We made it home Saturday afternoon.

South African Air was interesting. They couldn't provide us boarding passes for our subsequent flight, and they had a "cattle call" boarding process. The seats were of the good news/bad news variety. The good news is that they had an incredible amount of legroom, even in coach. The bad news was that they were the narrowest seats I've ever attempted to squeeze into. My legs are bruised from the armrests. Also, the air temperature in our cabin was quite high.

We got caught up by security at Heathrow. The carry on restrictions are strictly one bag apiece. Not one bag and a purse. I blame myself for not being fully aware of the rules. We ended up having to go through immigration control, out of security and back to the check in desk so we could check one more bag (after we rearranged what was in each of our bags). Of course this meant we had to go back through security to catch our flight. Sigh....

I'm happy to report that the ostrich egg I bought in Durban made it home safely.

I'm back at work today, trying to wade through a month's worth of emails.

Jim

We made it home Saturday afternoon.

South African Air was interesting. They couldn't provide us boarding passes for our subsequent flight, and they had a "cattle call" boarding process. The seats were of the good news/bad news variety. The good news is that they had an incredible amount of legroom, even in coach. The bad news was that they were the narrowest seats I've ever attempted to squeeze into. My legs are bruised from the armrests. Also, the air temperature in our cabin was quite high.

We got caught up by security at Heathrow. The carry on restrictions are strictly one bag apiece. Not one bag and a purse. I blame myself for not being fully aware of the rules. We ended up having to go through immigration control, out of security and back to the check in desk so we could check one more bag (after we rearranged what was in each of our bags). Of course this meant we had to go back through security to catch our flight. Sigh....

I'm happy to report that the ostrich egg I bought in Durban made it home safely.

I'm back at work today, trying to wade through a month's worth of emails.

Jim

Hello Jim and Toni, glad you made it home!...it was great meeting you both on this cruise and look forward to seeing you both next year on the Royal or sooner!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

We'll starting too feel better today but still not a 100%....

Tony

That's good news that you are starting to feel better. I'm starting to go into withdrawal waiting for you to board your next ship. Get to 100% soon, please.

That's good news that you are starting to feel better. I'm starting to go into withdrawal waiting for you to board your next ship. Get to 100% soon, please.

We'll only 12 more days before I am on the Golden...hang in there!

Tony

As I told you when I spoke with you, don't expect to ever see it again. If you do, it'll be a big miracle.

Arlene

We'll Dee is on it onboard!...let's see what happens?

Tony

We'll Dee is on it onboard!...let's see what happens?

Tony

I know. Let's see how fierce Dee is.........GRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWLLL!!! :eek:

I know, I sound like doom and gloom. No coffee yet, that's why. :(

Arlene

I know. Let's see how fierce Dee is.........GRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWLLL!!! :eek:

I know, I sound like doom and gloom. No coffee yet, that's why. :(

Arlene

We'll I am still hacking a little but getting better each day...raining and gloomy here in Montreal and getting damp and cold!...yikes time for a cruise!!!!!

Tony

Archived