Final Payment questions

Heidict

Replies are all correct, but you really should ask whoever's handling the rez.

:p Couldn't let me take the easy way, now could you? :rolleyes:

I called the TA and on a 7 night it's 75 days, for anyone else who is wondering.;)

If you book throught the cruise line 7 day cruises are 70 days before departure. You can pay this with your creditcard online. If you book with a TA they sometimes want the final a little early so they can get a check number to the cruise line. Their check doesn't actually have to be there at that time they just have to call in the number of the agency check that is being sent to pay the final payment. This can take a couple days at a travel agency, especially the bigger ones.

always ask whoever booked your cruise this question- different ta's have different final payment dates from my experience- our next cruise had about a 90 day out policy with the ta we used even though rci' was 70 or 75 days out- other times the final was 75 days out-

Well according to RCI's brochure, "When Is The Balance Due?" "Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 70 days prior to the sailing date of the cruise." It goes on to say that group tours final payment date will be different. Your TA may very well want your payment 75 days prior so (s)he can get your payment to RCI in time; sort of a little wiggle room.

My Nov. 11, 2006 Deadline Was 09/03/06, 70 Days. Last Year When We Sailed On Nos, The Ta I Used Called Rcl With My Credit Card #. So This Year I Booked Directly With Rci, & I Also Have Control Of My Reservation.

It also depends on when your cruise is. Final payment dates for "holiday" cruises are much earlier than for regular cruises. It's always best to check directly with whomever you booked with than make an assumption that will cause you to miss final payment date.

The final payment date has always been indicated on our invoice.

We paid final payment yesterday for our Dec. 24th cruise, a whopping 98 days in advance.

Our next cruise after that, final payment will be due 60 days in advance.

These are both on RCI ships, through the same TA. So, it is true, you do have to check, there is not always one answer to the question.

As one who ALWAYS pays that holiday surcharge, I can assure you that holiday sailings have a due date of 90 days before sail date. :rolleyes:

As many others have said, when you deal with a travel agent, they will have their OWN deadlines, but RC's deadline is on their website.

When is the balance due?

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/purchaseCruiseFaq.do;jsessionid=0000IzmY03xKvHNgJw0ig7hG7R3:10ktmerri#15

As one who ALWAYS pays that holiday surcharge, I can assure you that holiday sailings have a due date of 90 days before sail date. :rolleyes:

As many others have said, when you deal with a travel agent, they will have their OWN deadlines, but RC's deadline is on their website.

When is the balance due?

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/purchaseCruiseFaq.do;jsessionid=0000IzmY03xKvHNgJw0ig7hG7R3:10ktmerri#15

as above.

Archived