HAL will Introduce a New Mariner Tile Design for 2007

LAFFNVEGAS

This definitely ruins our plans to do over our bar with HAL tiles.

I am not certain they will look nice among the various "ship" tiles.

It might work out just fine. You could either geometrically disperse the new tiles with the old, or randomly drop a new one in a pattern of the old (depending on your mix of new to old tiles). With a little creativity, I'm sure you can make it work!

And for sail7seas, if you don't get a Noordam tile on your upcoming cruise, how much would one be worth to you? :p

I've been wondering about this, since the HAL website had no 2006 tiles shown. I guess we'll be getting the present Zaandam tile, on our October cruise, unless they're "cleaning out" the old stock. I really do like the ship's tiles a lot and prefer the poster designs better on posters.:mad:

The ones we received a couple of weeks ago on Noordam were from the old stock.... really old stock... they are Noordam I tiles.

How very interesting. On the maiden voyage the tiles we received show Noordam III & the date 1984.

I think my fave are the first ones we received in 1998 on Veendam. It was the year HAL celebrated 125 years, so the tile actually shows the year - 1998. That way I know which cruise those tiles are from. :)

I like the new ones. Hope they have them onboard for January. Thanks, Lisa, for posting the pix.

I like the new tiles. Frankly I was getting bored with the old ones and have a drawer full of them anyway.I particularly like the one on the bottom left - it certainly looks Dutch enough for me.Valerie

Hi Val, on the one you're talking about (bottom left) the text reads: "Waar gaat dat schip naar toe/Where is that ship going?" (kids asks his mum) "Naar Amerika, mijn kind/To America, my child" mum answers. The top reads "Nederlandsch Amerikaansche Stoomvaart Maatschappij/Netherlands American Steamship Company" - Can't read the text underneath that line

Thanks for posting these, Lisa - I kinda like them

Archived