Presenting The New Pinnacle Menu

kakalina

Straight from our man in Seattle here is the new menu. Wow! I love it . What will be your favorite new dish?

To Whom It May Concern:

Please note that the Pinnacle Grill surcharge will be USD $30.00 per person as of October 1st, 2006.

Reasons for the change of price are increasing costs as well as additional Daily Specials that we will offer together with our current menu.

As previously communicated by Steve Kirsch to the ships, listed below are the specials for the Pinnacle Grill, which will be going into place starting October 1st.

Tequila shrimp and avocado ceviche

Rack of veal with roasted vegetables and thyme glaze

Tiramisu flavored panna cotta with passion fruit sorbet

Grilled sea scallops on sautéed leek with fresh herb salad and fried capers, marjoram pomodoro coulis

Chef Rudi’s filet mignon with a green peppercorn demi sauce

Vanilla soufflé with a Grand Marnier sauce

Spicy tuna sashimi – sesame oil, sambas and Sake seaweed salad

Grilled breast of rosemary-enhanced chicken with mushroom risotto drizzled with truffle oil

Poached pear with an Italian mascarpone cream

Warm Maine lobster salad with asparagus and pink grapefruit

Peppercorn crusted monkfish on braised fingerling potatoes, mustard vinaigrette

Chef Rudi’s chocolate toque

Grilled romaine salad, gorgonzola, five spice candied walnuts, Asian pear vinaigrette and port syrup

Pan roasted Alaskan black cod with steamed yucca and orange cumin sauce

Northwest pear and pecan nut bread pudding

Butternut squash soup with caramelized apple and fried sage

Grilled diver scallops with orange leek marmalade

Frozen soufflé glace grand mariner with fig compote

Smoked salmon tartare with grilled asparagus

Rack of veal with roasted vegetables and thyme glaze

Chocolate wafer tart anise crust

With these new culinary additions we will also offer some very nice wine flights for purchase that will concentrate on WOW, Wines of Washington. Some sample wine flights of Chardonnay will include Chateau St. Michelle, Chateau St Michelle Canoe Ridge, Reserve Argyle, Tualatin Estate and Apex. Or Pinot Noir wine flights, offering Van Duzer, King Estate Domaine, Williamette Valley, Behran and Sokol Blosser.

We will, of course, honor all already confirmed reservations for USD $20.00 that were taken for the time after October 1st 2006, all future reservations that are taken for the time after OCT 1st 2006 must reflect the new pricing.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now, that's what I call a major improvement! So glad I made a couple of extra reservations for my upcoming Westerdam!!! (10/29) Thanks for posting it!

Bravo, HAL. That's just what I was thinking for "additional" items!

:D :D :D

(three thumbs up!)

Paul

Since there are seven "groups" listed, I'd figure each one is a "special" for a given night. I expect that the "special" can either be ordered in its entirety, or you could choose one or more of the courses mixed with the selections from the regular menu.

Just the way I'd expect it to be, IMO... won't know until someone comes back after an Oct. 1 cruise!

Paul

Since there are seven "groups" listed, I'd figure each one is a "special" for a given night. I expect that the "special" can either be ordered in its entirety, or you could choose one or more of the courses mixed with the selections from the regular menu.

The letter itself says that these are the 'specials'. Since there are 7, like you crystal, I think that each grouping is the special appetizer, special entree, and special dessert for one day of the week. These special courses could be picked as you choose as another offering in each course for that particular day; nothing leads me either to believe that you have to order the entire group of that day's 'special' courses.

I get the picture now.

So then one can assume that on a 10 day cruise, day #8 specials will be the same as day #1???

I guess we will know this for sure when we return from the Statendam 24days LA-NZ then B2B 14 days NZ-OZ. We prepaid special nights on both segments, at the $20 price. I let ya'll know on our return.

Thanks for posting this. I think many of the specials sound good.....especially the Sea scallops and Rack of Veal with Roasted Vegetables. I also hope that the way presented only means that on a given night, there will be a special soup/appetizer, entree and dessert and we can combine our order from the regular menu for say the appetizer but have the entree which is the special of the day.

It is WAY time for some new items in Pinnacle.

Can't wait to try them.

Thanks for posting, now let's wait and see what those sailing in Oct have to say about the new menu. It does sound yummy to me and I love the spices. I just hope it doesn't become a set menu, we will know before long. NMnita

Pinnacle Grill has a set menu. What is posted here are new daily specials that are being added. This is new to Pinnacle Grill.

We'll be sailing our first HAL cruise in December. DW and I are "foodies" who seek out and enjoy gourmet dishes. One of the reasons we love Oceania is the selection, quality, and presentation of their main dining room offerings, which actually resemble Pinnacle's new menu. Could I ask what some of the "typical" menu selections are offered in HAL's main dining room, and how they differ from Pinnacle's choices?

Many thanks

Mike

Gizmo: You are very welcome. I thought I'd make the rest of you hungry too. :p

PS I agree with Hammybee that the soup sounds great. Not to mention the souffle with Grand Marnier sauce. yummm

The souffle with Grand Marnier sauce, YUM. :)

The souffle with Grand Marnier sauce, YUM. :)

I have to agree this sounds very yummy to me as well:p

I actually think they all sound good and looking forward to trying them. With have the regular Pinnacle Menu DH will be happy and I am looking forward to some of the new special.

Trisha, thanks so much for posting this informations for us:)

I get the picture now.

So then one can assume that on a 10 day cruise, day #8 specials will be the same as day #1???

The specials are probably by day of the week. So, the Monday special would be the same if you were onboard for two Mondays.

Thanks for posting this, Kakalina! While I'll probably just stick to my petite fillet as a main course (what can I say? I'm a meat and potatoes girl at heart), some of the desserts sound yummy!

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived