New DamShip Christening to be in Rotterdam!

bepsf

I'm getting so excited! I need to start saving NOW...and I need to start warming DH up to the idea. :D All I have to do is work out a budget and get him to be OK with it :rolleyes: We will probably have to do an inside as air is going to be KILLER!

P.S. Looks like I will be spending a lot of time in Church what with Mass AND Greg's services ;)

I'm getting so excited! I need to start saving NOW...and I need to start warming DH up to the idea. :D All I have to do is work out a budget and get him to be OK with it :rolleyes: We will probably have to do an inside as air is going to be KILLER!

P.S. Looks like I will be spending a lot of time in Church what with Mass AND Greg's services ;)

Gotta work that Hawaiian magic and maybe a hula or two/three Mary!;) Would be very nice to meet you and the hubby one time!

I'm getting so excited! I need to start saving NOW...

Don't feel bad Mary - I'm the same way - may not be able to do a cruise between this Jan's Noordam and the inaugural - as I would want to do a nice pre-cruise stay since this is my first time over.

Might be easier to find cheaper flights into Schiephol in Amsterdam, then take the train to Rotterdam, I would think...?

Brian ... think Paris, followed by a train trip to Rotterdam. :D

Ahhh, Greg: I like the way you think! However, we might not be able to drag Brian out of Paris!! ;)

Well, maybe for an Inaugural sailing.....:D

Paul

who must consider the next Inaugural across the pond...seriously....

I've got it! A cheap flight to London - my favorite city - for a few days pre-cruise. Then under the channel via the Chunnel. There's got to be a train to Rotterdam, or somewhere in The Netherlands, at that terminus. :)

We could go visit Mark and Martin!

(if they arent able to make the cruise)

:D

We have a winner if we did London we can take a train from London to Rotterdam.

If you go to http://www.raileurope.co.uk you can find the trains. The calendar only goes out for a couple of months but I tried a date in October and one way ticket is 332 GBP or about 627.00 US Dollars :eek::eek:. This is all based on October and not the summer so it is an estimate.

The train ride would go like this 6:10 am train leaves London at Waterloo and arrives into Brussels at 9:37am then connect to a train at 10:46am and arrive into Rotterdam at 12:38pm.

Paul

Well everyone breath because Paris is where we need to go on http://www.railuk.co.uk we can take a train from either the airport or the heart of Paris directly yes no stops directly into Rotterdam for 127.00 GBP or 240 per person and they have senior discounts as well but if we make a group out of this and someone contacts http://www.railuk.co.uk and tells them about our group they will cut the rate allot because by the end of this we will have a group of over 150 people.

The trip is Paris at 6:55am arrives in to Rotterdam at 10:08am or 9:55am arrives 2:08pm there are two more but have connections in Brussels.

Paul

OK Paul, at that price, I guess it would be a whole lot less expensive to fly London-Rotterdam. :rolleyes: Then of course there's the airfare Copenhagen-home. That's not gonna be cheap, either. :(

I'd be more inclined to take the train from Copenhagen to whereever we flew into to make the R/T ticket, which is why I was originally thinking Amsterdam...

Air from Honolulu to Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS) will be anywhere from $1300 to $1500 pp. I wonder how much an inside cabin will be on the new ship?

Better put that check you're getting from your TA in the bank...

;)

Air from Honolulu to Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS) will be anywhere from $1300 to $1500 pp. I wonder how much an inside cabin will be on the new ship?

Mary, sweetie, it's gonna take you 3-4 days just to fly to Europe. Then you & Keaka gotta do the same thing in reverse to get home. I sure don't envy you that part of the trip at all. :p And you've gotta find a new TA. :)

Advise girl to girl - After the ordeal you've just been thru, go out & buy yourself a new pair of killer shoes & put the rest in the bank for the next inaugural. :) :)

B - I thought of that, too. R/T home-London-home (or Paris), then inter-continental w/in Europe is probably gonna be the best way to do it. But that's what good TA's are for.

Oh, and what's a TGV (or is that too "wild" for my delicate eyes on this board)?

I did airfare for myself from Tampa, Orlando, and Miami Florida using July 07 as a test subject and I get each time 3 stops and 1100 per person and that is going to Rotterdam and coming back through Denmark.

I did also do Dallas because my work might take me there and I got 1083 with three connections.

The problem seems to be Rotterdam is not a common airport so in each flight you have to make three connections to get there but through Denmark you have one connection and then you are home.

Also FYI each one of my flights showed we arrive the same day and return same day the dates do not change at least in Orbitz.

Oh yeah the average flight time was to Rotterdam 19 hours in the air.:eek::eek:

Return from Denmark only 13 to 14 hours still allot but 5 hours less then Rotterdam.

Paul

Archived