New DamShip Christening to be in Rotterdam!

bepsf

Just found this itinerary on the 2008 schedule preview that KK posted on another thread:

2008 12-DAY SCANDINAVIA & RUSSIA*

Rotterdam to Copenhagen*

ms TBD - Jul 13, 2008

DATE *Day * PORT ***************************** ARRIVE DEPART

7/13 *Sun *ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS ****** 5:00pm

7/14 *Mon *At Sea

7/15 *Tue *Oslo, Norway ******************** 8:00am *5:00pm

Scenic cruising Oslofjord

7/16 *Wed *Arhus, Denmark ********************10:00am *7:00pm

7/17 *Thu *Warnemünde, Germany ****6:00am *11:00pm

7/18 *Fri *At Sea

7/19 *Sat *Tallinn, Estonia ******************* 8:00am *5:00pm

7/20 *Sun *St. Petersburg, Russia *********** 8:00am *Overnight

7/21 *Mon *St. Petersburg, Russia *********** Overnight *5:00pm

7/22 *Tue *Helsinki, Finland ******************* 6:00am *5:00pm

7/23 *Wed *Stockholm, Sweden * *********** 8:00am *5:00pm

Scenic cruising Stockholm Archipelago

7/24 *Thu *At Sea

7/25 *Fri COPENHAGEN, DENMARK *** 7:00am

Note: * = Stockholm arrival & departure times are limited by daylight pilotage

This appears to be the inaugural itinerary following the christening in Rotterdam.

Who wants to go with me?

(My Birthday is on the 24th too - I think I need to go...)

:D

Brian :) .....

I just responded to you on the other thread.

IF we can make arrangements that we can attend the Dedication, DH and I would really, really love to be there. It has been a while since I have agreed to cross the Atlantic but the Dedication of a new HAL ship is enough to get me to do it......especially in Rotterdam. We love it there and certainly love the people of Rotterdam.

Yes........IF we can be present for the Dedication, sail that great itinerary to Copenhagen......assuming all things are fine with us, Yes. We will be there.

(Both DH and I have our birthdays a few days after we would be disembarking. ;) )

Just found this itinerary on the 2008 schedule preview that KK posted on another thread:

2008 12-DAY SCANDINAVIA & RUSSIA*

Rotterdam to Copenhagen*

ms TBD - Jul 13, 2008

DATE *Day * PORT ***************************** ARRIVE DEPART

7/13 *Sun *ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS ****** 5:00pm

7/14 *Mon *At Sea

7/15 *Tue *Oslo, Norway ******************** 8:00am *5:00pm

Scenic cruising Oslofjord

7/16 *Wed *Arhus, Denmark ********************10:00am *7:00pm

7/17 *Thu *Warnemünde, Germany ****6:00am *11:00pm

7/18 *Fri *At Sea

7/19 *Sat *Tallinn, Estonia ******************* 8:00am *5:00pm

7/20 *Sun *St. Petersburg, Russia *********** 8:00am *Overnight

7/21 *Mon *St. Petersburg, Russia *********** Overnight *5:00pm

7/22 *Tue *Helsinki, Finland ******************* 6:00am *5:00pm

7/23 *Wed *Stockholm, Sweden * *********** 8:00am *5:00pm

Scenic cruising Stockholm Archipelago

7/24 *Thu *At Sea

7/25 *Fri COPENHAGEN, DENMARK *** 7:00am

Note: * = Stockholm arrival & departure times are limited by daylight pilotage

This appears to be the inaugural itinerary following the christening in Rotterdam.

Who wants to go with me?

(My Birthday is on the 24th too - I think I need to go...)

:D

Hmm, do I smell a CC group cruise arranged by Brian??? :) looks like a great itinerary

We have been waiting for this info so thanks Brian for your great detective work.

Will consider this for sure. Again, I always talk big until I get to the plane and have a panic attack.

A group cruise would be great. Have never been to Rotterdam and would love to see it if I could make the trip over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian......IF "NEW DAM SHIP" is Dedicated in Rotterdam and we can arrange to be 'permitted to attend', DH and I will plan to be in Rotterdam. It will take something as special as a new HAL ship to get me to go Transatlantic again (after a long absence), but Yes.......

I would love to be in Rotterdam to attend her Dedication and Sail her Inaugural. We LOVE Rotterdam and greatly enjoyed several visits there. We most especially love the People of Rotterdam.

I'm off to Neiman's to start shopping.

This is what I posted to the other thread.

I would want to be sure we would be able to attend the Dedication. I'd be so disappointed if we couldn't see it!!!

Hmm, do I smell a CC group cruise arranged by Brian??? :) looks like a great itinerary

Hahaha...

Well, Scotty is all ready to go with me on this one.

...I've already sent an e-mail to some friends who were tentatively planning a Rotterdam cruise in Europe this year to consider postponing for this cruise in '08.

A group-deal might be something to think about.* If we do, I'd certainly enjoy throwing an Inaugural First-Night Dinner-Party in the new roof-top grill-room!

:D **

Hahaha...

Well, Scotty is all ready to go with me on this one.

...I've already sent an e-mail to some friends who were tentatively planning a Rotterdam cruise in Europe this year to consider postponing for this cruise in '08.

A group-deal might be something to think about.* If we do, I'd certainly enjoy throwing an Inaugural First-Night Dinner-Party in the new roof-top grill-room!

:D **

somehow I dont think that it would require much persuasion to get Michelle to go on an innuagural cruise in Europe...

I agree that its pointless to contact HAL concerning the new ship's inaugural at this time.* Those folks barely know what's up about their current ships much less one that only exists on paper.* At this point, I don't think Seattle is even absolutely certain of the new ship's name as the first steel hasn't even been cut for it yet in Italy!!!

Once we get more information and bookings become available, one of us will* be sure to post here right away.* Even when Noordam's inaugural was finally announced by HAL, we knew more about it here than the folks in the call centers - it took a fair while for them to take calls regarding it and answer questions with any sort of accuracy (they didn't even know the numbering of certain staterooms until a few months in advance!)

:)

I was told at Noordam's Dedication the plan was for the next ship to be Dedicated/Inaugurated in Rotterdam. Certainly if the ship is ready during the summer, it would be a European Dedication/Inaugural.

Remember.........While all of us hope the construction goes flawlessly and there are no delays, ships are sometimes delivered late from Boatyards.

Lots has to happen between now and then.

I told a friend we're ready to 'put our deposit' for our cabin.

I don't they are quite ready for that to happen yet. ;)

We'll have the fun of waiting and watching until the 'time is right'.

I agree that its pointless to contact HAL concerning the new ship's inaugural at this time.* Those folks barely know what's up about their current ships much less one that only exists on paper.* At this point, I don't think Seattle is even absolutely certain of the new ship's name as the first steel hasn't even been cut for it yet in Italy!!!

Fincantieri already list the hull by number in their inventory. Chances are construction has started. However it generally takes 14-18 months for construction and fitting of a vessel that size. I wonder what names they are looking at for the new ship? They probably wont announce anything about the inaugural until July or August of next year. How far in advance did they announce Noordam?

They probably wont announce anything about the inaugural until July or August of next year. How far in advance did they announce Noordam?

We knew Noordam's name very early as it was the fourth (and last) in the series of sisters.......all of which were named for points of the compass. South, West, and East had been named so only North remained.

I heard there was a contest for crew members to suggest names. I think the date for their submissions may have closed by now.

Brian you can count us in for the cruise. I would love to get a PH depending how many they will have but I believe i will be pushed to the side by the Platinum cruisers of HAL because they will get first choice.

Paul

Try booking early, early, early. Call Seattle from time to time to see if they are yet taking reservations and jump on it as soon as you can.

Good luck.

We will be wanting an "SA" and will do what I have suggested to give us the best choice of cabin.

If I could get up the nerve to cross the Atlantic, we would love this cruise. The itinerary is awesome and we have always wanted to do a cruise like this.

I fear it would also take a windfall of some kind to get us aboard, but I'll be keeping an eye out for updates :)!

Heather, it takes only six hours to cross the big pond! Have a couple of muscle relaxers and a couple of cocktails and you'll be feeling as happy as a clam when you land at Amsterdam-Schiphol;) Lots of stuff to see in Holland and friendly people!

Archived