New DamShip Christening to be in Rotterdam!

bepsf

Ine--

What beautiful pictures - thanks for sharing them!

Hammy--

Cunard's Queen Victoria inaugural sold out within a day or so - no reason HAL can't do that too!

:) *

Are you going to keep an eye on when it opens up for booking, Brian? Got feelers out?

Tell you what. If I can win one of those 200-umpteen-million-dollar Powerball lotteries, I'll simply charter the ship and invite all of you to come onboard. How's that?? :cool:

Jim you are the best !!!!

IF.................Offer accepted..

Does anything think the deposit needed will be more than the $600 pp usually required?
I wouldn't think so. But, as someone mentioned earlier, if HAL sees an overwhelming pre-release fever, they just might put a premium on it. But all that would do is give them more cash flow. It would still all be refundable before the final payment cutoff.

Ine - Thanks for those lovely photos. The Hotel New York is a charming old building. I couldn't get over how much those copper-green watch-tower caps look like bug eyes! :)

QV's inaugural sold out in a day?! :eek: OMG! Well, Cunard is an entity unto itself. We booked Noordam's Feb 2006 inaugural in July 2005 & had choice of cabin. I think pax were still booking in January.

For a European launch, with the extra travel arrangements & airfare, are Americans, HAL's bread & butter pax, really going to snap up the entire ship that quickly? Just a thought. :)

For a European launch, with the extra travel arrangements & airfare, are Americans, HAL's bread & butter pax, really going to snap up the entire ship that quickly? Just a thought. :)

Probably not, particularly at 2000+ capacity...

...but an interesting thought nonetheless!

Does anyone have an idea when first steel is due to be cut for her?

Host Doug - What's your crystal ball say on this???

Probably not, particularly at 2000+ capacity...

...but an interesting thought nonetheless!

Does anyone have an idea when first steel is due to be cut for her?

Host Doug - What's your crystal ball say on this???

As they seem to have allocated a hull number to the project it is likely that some steel has been cut, Anybody know anyone in Marghera?

:) We had the pleasure of 'lunching' with Mr. and Mrs. Carrado Antonini (Executive Chairman of Fincantieri Shipyards) on Noordam but somehow I don't think he'd 'take my call'. ;) Actually, I was seated beside him.

Did you parlato Italiano or did he speak English? ;) Maybe he'll name one of his ships the M/S Sail Seven Seas

He most graciously kept the conversation in English. He (not surprisingly ;) ) is a quite charming gentleman. We were fascinated listening to some general information he shared about his shipyards.....(eight of them!!!)

He most graciously kept the conversation in English. He (not surprisingly ;) ) is a quite charming gentleman. We were fascinated listening to some general information he shared about his shipyards.....(eight of them!!!)

Very cool!:) I'd imagine he's got a Ferrari or Lamborghini or two in his garage. Always great to meet interesting people!

Archived