My last post for a while....

Old As Dirt Mom

I am sure we are all happy to hear the positive report. Though she has a long road ahead of her, kids are amazing and she has her age in her favor. We will continue to pray: I said a special prayer for her today in church as I am sure others did. When you have time keep us posted and try to get some time to yourself, even if it is just to read your email or play on the computer each day for an hour or so. NMnita

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Karin, Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know Emily's present status. Every little bit of good news is encouraging and appreciated. You all are in my daily thoughts and prayers.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Karin,

I am so glad she had made it through this most important time in any medical emergency. I know the road ahead seems very long and there will be more challenges to come, but love and prayers can do no harm.

Our thoughts and prayer will continue to be with your neice, you and your entire circle of friends and family. Thanks for finding the time to update us all on her condition.

Karen

Karin,

I was horrified to read about this accident and its affects on your family. I am glad to see that Emily is pulling through and I think we all hope that her life will become normal again after rehab and after time passes. As terrible as this was, I am so glad that the other family members' injuries were not as severe and they will all be able to comfort and care your niece. I'm sure the family will also be upset about the loss of their horses, especially at such a time when many of them seem to have a gift to help us regain our calm and be able to handle the nasty things that sometimes come our way. I'm sorry this tragedy has happened to your family and hope everyone is staying strong and positive. The good thing is that she's a survivor. There's a tough road ahead and I believe you will be there to support her and help her achieve what she wants to do with her life.

You're in our thoughts,

Susan and Andrew

I'm glad to hear your niece is making good progress, and rest assured she, and your entire family, will continue to be in my daily prayers.

While it is true that this board is a very caring, very compassionate place, please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any more specific help. You'll find more than just compassion and understanding here. Many of us would love the opportunity to help your family out too.

Feel free to email me if there is anything I can do:

kry.os@verizon.net

Blue skies ...

--rita

Hello again, fellow CC'ers:

Good news again! Emily has been moved from ICU to the pediatrics ward at the University of New Mexico hospital. Emily's leg can be saved, and so now the goal is to regain functionality. So steady progress is evident. Thanks a million for all your kind words, thoughts, and prayers for Emily and her family. They will make it.

My brother did sustain a broken arm, collar bone, wrist, and shoulder, and one nephew suffered abrasions and cuts that needed stitches. They were both treated at the hospital and released the day after the accident, so they are on the mend, although there will be more visits to the doctor.

This will be my last update on this thread, because I don't believe it should be continued indefinitely. Our host moderators have already been kind enough to allow it to remain. But I did want to close by expressing my sincere gratitude for the good wishes of so many thoughtful friends here at CC. And yes, I consider you friends, because your actions have demonstrated that.

Karin

Karin, as I said privately, this is such wonderful news for everyone concerned. And the support and prayers you received from the people of this board shows that CC is a community that comes together for its members.

I believe there is power and strength in sending good wishes and prayers from all over. Whatever brought Emily to this point, thank God. Having come to this point in her recovery, I have confidence she'll come back to all her family whole and healthy.

Karin, this is wonderful news; thank you so much for coming here to tell us.

Isn't the power of prayer amazing. :) I'll keep Emily in mine for a while, if that's ok with you. Might help; can't hurt. ;)

Oh I'm glad that they did not close this thread!!!

I want to first thank-you for updating us!! I literally started crying when I read that they did save her leg...Believe it or not the fact that she was a dancer will help in her recovery of her leg..

With God all things are possible.. I am just thrilled that you were able to give us good news...

As with the others on this thread I will pray for Emily and her family!!!

Karin,

I just read today about the terrible accident your brother's family was involved in. It's almost as if the horses were sacrificed (by fate) to save the lives of the children. Thank God those poor beautiful unsuspecting creatures were there.

Thankfully, it sounds like the family is recovering, although it may be a slow and (hopefully not too) painful process. I truly hope your niece regains the full use of her leg and can pursue her love of dance and your brother recovers quickly and can return to his job.

You will have the prayers of St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church praying for your family's full recovery.

Mary

Wonderful News Karin... Sounds like Emily is a real strong young lady... And your other family members, although broken and bruised, are probably healing much better with the continued news on Emily.

Always know... even if this post does end... our thoughts will be with Emily and your entire family... One day at a time...and with each day a prayer for her full recovery.

I don't know about the rest of my fellow cruise critics - but it brings me back to reality on what is really important....

Karen

Ferrywatcher, your thoughts on the horses was a revelation and a comfort. I've followed this thread and wept over it and have offered my prayers for Emily along with so many others. We have a great community here on Cruise Critic.

Mrs Muir

Karin,

May the Almighty Creator comfort you and your family in your time of need; may He give you strength to endure, Hope to persevere and Comfort in the knowledge that all things are possible with faith and prayer. You and your family are in my prayers.

Hi Karin,

I'm just one more person offering up prayers for your family. I know that God will give you all the strength and comfort you need to get through this terrible incident. God Bless you all,

IrisF

Archived