Mariner question: Milestones?

cool change

Yep. 100 days.

LOL ... at the rate I'm going ... it'll probably only take me about three more years. :) I'm only at 54 days now ... will go up to 67 after the cruise I leave in two weeks for. So, yeah ... only about three more cruises on HAL after that. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Will We be getting new pins while cruising? Whats the deal?

They won't be in the cabin when you check in. I think the steward leaves them the night before the Mariner's party day, if I remember correctly.

Those 50 day pins are an expensive piece of jewelry when you consider that you typically have at least $10,000 per person invested by the time you get one.

(figuring the cost of the cruises, airfare, hotels, onboard spending, pet sitters etc..) And that's for those of us in steerage.

Can't begin to calculate what a 100 day medallion for those in the suite life amounts to and I'd imagine most of those folks would rather not know *L*

So wear them proudly. You've earned (and paid for) them.

Will be at 48 days after our 10/15 trip on Westerdam, so I only have to wonder where $9600 per person went.

With the cruises we presently have booked it will get us to 95 days, so close but not quite medallion:(

We will be at 70 the end of this next cruise.

Our pins for both the 25 day and the 50 day were attached to our Invitation to the Mariner's Reception while on the cruise. You would see them in everyone's mail slot as you walked down the hall. The little blue velvet pouch stabled on:)

With the cruises we presently have booked it will get us to 95 days, so close but not quite medallion:(

We will be at 70 the end of this next cruise.

Our pins for both the 25 day and the 50 day were attached to our Invitation to the Mariner's Reception while on the cruise. You would see them in everyone's mail slot as you walked down the hall. The little blue velvet pouch stabled on:)

Lisa don't despair we received our 100 day medals at 92 days. It just depends on what Seattle sends them regarding that particular cruise.

After our cruise to the Sea of Cortez we will have 83 days. I would love to get our medallion aboard the MS Amsterdam as we had our first cruise on the MS Niew Amersterdam. Now I just have to see the 2008 schedule and plot it all out. I get to retire in December so maybe just take another Mexico (since we live in California) then see where the Amsterdam is going:rolleyes:

Kathy

I nremember getting my pin with my Docs when my TA gave them to me.

Are you sure you're not confusing the Mariner button with the award pin?

The Mariner button---resembles a political button---comes with the documents. The award pin is smaller---like a tie tack---and looks more like a service organization pin. It's delivered the night before the Mariner Party.

You would see them in everyone's mail slot as you walked down the hall. The little blue velvet pouch stabled on:)

Lisa - That's amazing that the stewards put the invites w/pins in the mail slots. Anyone could have taken them :eek: . As michmike calculated, those pins are quite valuable. I think ours were left on the bed.

Dave - you crack me up! Great pic. :)

.Are you sure you're not confusing the Mariner button with the award pin?

The Mariner button---resembles a political button---comes with the documents. The award pin is smaller---like a tie tack---and looks more like a service organization pin. It's delivered the night before the Mariner Party.__________________

The Voyage of the Spammed sails Saturday! Join us?

You are right, I got them mix up. I stand corrected.

Lisa don't despair we received our 100 day medals at 92 days. It just depends on what Seattle sends them regarding that particular cruise.

My Oosterdam Christmas cruise will put me at 98 days.

I just booked the 4 day repositioning cruise from San Diego to Vancouver in April on the Zaandam.

I will let you all know if I get the medallion a few days early as a Christmas present from Santa , or from the Bunny for Easter.

David, I will look forward to hearing if you do get you medallion from Santa:) As long as we make all the cruises we currently have booked we will be at 95 days on the Oosterdam for December 2007. Not quite 98 like you but close;) We will keep our fingers crossed for you:)

David, I will look forward to hearing if you do get you medallion from Santa:) As long as we make all the cruises we currently have booked we will be at 95 days on the Oosterdam for December 2007. Not quite 98 like you but close;) We will keep our fingers crossed for you:)

I have my fingers crossed that Santa smiles on me (even if the upgrade fairy doesn't ever seem to). I will definitely let you all know. thanks.

We are looking forward to getting our red pin on the Ryndam in March (our anniversary cruise). We got the nice blue lapel pin on the Oosterdam this March and it was on the bed in our room the night before the reception. We still got the big tin Mariner buttons with our documents for the Zaandam Alaska cruise. I'm trying to convince DH that we need to schedule a couple of 14 day cruises - speed up getting to the nice medallion level:D !

I am working on my silver. Will make my 20th on the Rotterdam in four weeks when she repositions to South America. That cruise will put me at 205 days. But as things go I will never catch up to my Mom. She will be at 790 days on board. She got her platimum on the Amazon trip two years ago. The first of the year she will make her 58th cruise with HAL and will have 805. Now that's what I call cruising.:)

Archived