B.I.o.N ~ I have a question ...

HeatherInFlorida

If I recall on the Oosterdam there was a wonderful plaid afgan type blanket on the couch. It was wonderful for afternoon naps (I get cold when I fall asleep for some reason:o ).

We're on the Prinsendam 12/2 and wondered if they will have these nice blankets. Otherwise I will bring my own, but I hate to pack something I don't need ... especially a blanket!!!

When we sailed on Celebrity last year I assumed they'd have one. Wrong! I had to nap under my Celebrity terry robe which was okay, but not quite the cozy nap I was looking for.

So I wondered if all you frequent HAL cruisers can tell me if this is a standard perk on all HAL ships?

(Note: In case you're wondering, BIoN stands for Believe It Or Not)

I have found the blanket on all "Dam" ships we've been on but in various locations. On the Zaadam it was on one of the high racks above the TV - used it on the balcony when at the Glaciers. On the Oosterdam it was in a cupboard over the sofa and on the Ryndam it was on the sofa (these were all Verandah cabins). On the Amsterdam it was the one time we had a magical suite and found the blankets in a drawer. I hope we don't lose this perk!

If I recall on the Oosterdam there was a wonderful plaid afgan type blanket on the couch. It was wonderful for afternoon naps (I get cold when I fall asleep for some reason:o ).

We're on the Prinsendam 12/2 and wondered if they will have these nice blankets. Otherwise I will bring my own, but I hate to pack something I don't need ... especially a blanket!!!

When we sailed on Celebrity last year I assumed they'd have one. Wrong! I had to nap under my Celebrity terry robe which was okay, but not quite the cozy nap I was looking for.

So I wondered if all you frequent HAL cruisers can tell me if this is a standard perk on all HAL ships?

(Note: In case you're wondering, BIoN stands for Believe It Or Not)

We had one on the Rotterdam for our Baltic cruise, but did not see one on the Noordam or Prinsendam in the Mediterannean. It may have been there, but tucked away somewhere. Since we were in a very warm location we didn't need it.

We saw several people using them while lounging in the deck chairs on the Rotterdam.

Almost every cruise, I find a few of the nice red plaid lap blankets in one cabinet or another in our Suite. The few times I didn't find it, I asked our steward and he brought me a few. I do the same as you, Heather.....I like to snuggle up in the afternoon for a brief nap and I like those blankets. Don't bother lugging your own; your steward will get you one. I know they are present on all the ships.

Is this the item in question?

They were all over the place on Noordam back in Feb. If it wasn't in the cabin, it was possible to grab one from the shelf by the aft pool.

And being that we sailed on that chilly Feb evening, those blankets were in use by all of us who braved staying outdoors during the passage down the Hudson.

I liked the comfort and warmth of it so much, I kept it in my cabin for future use.

:D

I wonder if those are cut from huge bolts of fabric and sewn on board by the upholsterers as they are not consistent in size. Some are longer/wider than others. The plaid and the texture also can vary.

Archived